As designed bug wastes my time and my machine resources

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 30878
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 5 2017 3:00 PM

When I open Factbook, it insists on building that last item looked at despite my entering a new value ... of course the select list for the new value is delayed because you have my machine working on an old factbook request I have no interest in. This is particularly maddening on the first call when the build of the drop down is pathetically slow to start with.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 81
Kevin Wang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 5 2017 4:31 PM

I agree. This feature could be changed IMO. 

Posts 3027
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 5 2017 5:42 PM

MJ. Smith:
it insists on building that last item looked at despite my entering a new value

I wondered if it was actually doing that (the search) or if it was simply window dressing while it transitioned to the new search. I wasn't sure.

Interesting.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 30878
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 5 2017 6:07 PM

Given that the old entry continues to populate while the new item has been entered, enter hits but still building the menu for selection ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2017 11:44 AM

MJ. Smith:
When I open Factbook, it insists on building that last item looked at despite my entering a new value ... of course the select list for the new value is delayed because you have my machine working on an old factbook request I have no interest in. This is particularly maddening on the first call when the build of the drop down is pathetically slow to start with.

+1 Yes for opening Factbook to wait on user for topic to search. If want previous search, am OK with clicking arrow. Often opening Factbook to search for a different topic so would appreciate automatic delay going away.

Similar request is copying Search to a new tab where would also appreciate automatic delay going away (copied tab automatically repeats search).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3583
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 25 2018 12:19 PM

Yes Yes

mm.

mm.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 25 2018 12:30 PM

Just as a courtesy, I'll go ahead and pencil in you guys for your complaint in Jan 2019.   (ok, a little humor, though I do avoid 'play it again' Factbook).

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 414
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 25 2018 12:37 PM

Noted. I'll create cases for these suggestions: 

1. Open Factbook in blank state. When a new Factbook instance is invoked from Tools or Command bar, populate the input key with the last-used entry, but do not execute (the same way we do with Guides). 
  2. Do not execute search on a duplicated Search panel. When an open Search panel is duplicated (tab rightclick, or Shift+Ctrl(Cmd)+N), retain the query syntax and search settings, but do not execute the search; set focus to the search box and wait for user input via the Enter key, or commit button. 

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 2977
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 25 2018 2:04 PM

Since you pointed this out, now it is driving me nuts. Good catch

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 4705
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 25 2018 2:36 PM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):

YesYes

"The saints are the true interpreters of Holy Scripture. The meaning of a given passage of the Bible becomes most intelligible in those human beings who have been totally transfixed by it and have lived it out." - Pope Benedict XVI

Posts 1228
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 25 2018 9:06 PM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):

1. Open Factbook in blank state. When a new Factbook instance is invoked from Tools or Command bar, populate the input key with the last-used entry, but do not execute (the same way we do with Guides). 
  2. Do not execute search on a duplicated Search panel. When an open Search panel is duplicated (tab rightclick, or Shift+Ctrl(Cmd)+N), retain the query syntax and search settings, but do not execute the search; set focus to the search box and wait for user input via the Enter key, or commit button. 

Oh, yes; please do this.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS