How long is your Open Pre-Pub list?

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 9400
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 5 2017 5:44 PM

I just noticed yesterday that my Open Pre-Pub list can all be seen on one page without the use of the scroll bar. I can't remember the last time it was like that but I think a major reason for this is that there are a lot less Pre-Pubs coming through Community Pricing these days.

How long is your list? Is it any different than it used to be?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2637
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 5 2017 5:55 PM

After the massive pre pub release marathon of the past 4 weeks, which had a none the less massive impact on my wallet, there's only 4 items left on mine...

The Sherlock Holmes Collection (8 vols.)
The Reformed Roots of the English New Testament: The Influence of Theodore Beza on the English New Testament
Twenty Questions That Shaped World Christian History
Hoffnung für alle 2015 (HfA)

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 30120
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 5 2017 6:12 PM

I'm still waiting for basic resources such as the Grail Psalms ... and this omits the gathering interest group ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 5 2017 6:25 PM

Mine is still very long, but shorter than it's been in many years.

Posts 591
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 5 2017 7:00 PM

1 shipping, 7 under contract, 17 gathering interest (some of those have been there for years). Yes, I do think it's less than it used to be, but I'm glad for my pocketbook's sake that they're slowing down. Smile

Posts 2770
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 5 2017 7:04 PM

Mine has dwindled substantially since just last year.

Posts 7618
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2017 7:58 AM

Lucky 13 items are on my list. Very selective on prepubs now. No use rushing into buying them all.

DAL

Posts 1380
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2017 9:32 AM

I have nothing now.  Logos seem very slow in bringing out new volumes in major commentary series that other software companies have had for some time.  

Posts 2113
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2017 9:58 AM

4 Shipping, 15 Under Contract, 28 Gathering Interest

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1580
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2017 12:01 PM

1 shipping, 5 under contract, 8 gathering interest

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 67
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2017 1:12 PM

Zero, Zero , and Zero. After I received the English Bible collection, I have decided to try a radical concept. ... Attempt to read some of what I already have.

Posts 294
Hapax Legomena | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2017 2:02 PM

Paul C:

Zero, Zero , and Zero. After I received the English Bible collection, I have decided to try a radical concept. ... Attempt to read some of what I already have.

Well stated.

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2017 2:09 PM

Paul C:

I had zero at one point.  But it's back to 4 now:

Nov 4, 2016      Ships 1/11/2017     The Sherlock Holmes Collection (8 vols.)     $16.00
Nov 14, 2016     Under Contract      Atlas of Christian History    $14.99
Dec 16, 2016     Under Contract      Dietrich Bonhoeffer's Works: Reader's Editions (4 vols.)     $29.99
Today            Gathering Interest  Aquinas' Summa Theologiae     $9.99

I am sticking with the cheaper stuff now.

EDIT: One reason my pre-pub list is shorter (other than my desire to buy less) is that the community pricing offerings that I've bid on have all stalled out, which has been a significant feeder of my pre-pub list in the past.  Looking at the 25 community pricing bids I have out has prompted me to reconsider some of them.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 245
BriM | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2017 2:10 PM

Down to 4 items (and will be three later this month).

There are two reasons:

a) Community pricing has stalled - I have bids on lots, but there is little progress;

b) Lack of recommendations in the forums about must-buy resources on Pre-pub - I rarely look at Pre-pub and don't allow mailings, but do take note if well-respected forum-people rave about something that looks interesting.

Posts 636
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2017 2:45 PM

Shipping: 3
Under Contract:13
Gathering Interest: 14

Wish List: way too long!

Posts 997
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2017 2:51 PM

0 shipping, 11 under contract and 60 gathering interest (some of them from 2013!)

Posts 11103
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2017 3:26 PM

Bruce Dunning:
How long is your list? Is it any different than it used to be?

2 Shipping (one this month, one in April, which I think is less than usual, and spread out more into the future - Faithlife shipped a lot recently)

11 Under contract (including Aquinas commentary on Isaiah, which I signed up for in 2012!)

25 Gathering interest

I find that there are less former CP resources on the list (which is a good thing, as it says Faithlife actually produced & delivered them) and the individual price of the items is smaller than it used to be (the median of my list is at 15.99 or so) - I had to delete some more expensive ones in recent times (such as Carson's sermons, which shipped in the meantime) due to budget restrictions.  

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1672
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2017 3:27 PM

Down to half a dozen items.

Seems Logos is concentrating on developing resources for other languages -- a good thing.

That plus I have much of what I need for the rest of my life.

Posts 4393
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2017 4:09 PM

Bruce Dunning:
Is it any different than it used to be?

Trending shorter, partly because none of my CP bids are going over.

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 109
Kristin Dantzler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2017 7:28 PM

Down to 4 items with 2 shipping this month.  Lowest level in memory.

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS