Logos 7.3 SR-2 Bug:Courses Tool not working

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 284
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 7 2017 12:54 PM

My courses tool opens to a blank page since updating to 7.3 SR-2. Any other similar problems out there like this?

Posts 3219
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 7 2017 1:16 PM

I believe it's a side-effect related to some other issue with the program (indexing, heavy disk activity, low memory, some error/failure when the program launches?).

I did see it happen once, but I am unable to reproduce it in general. When everything else works properly, the course tool displays its activity indicator as it retrieves its plans from the server, then displays its plans.

There was a prior (graphics) issue where a blank screen was displayed in place of the plans. (Sometimes you'd even see it flash as it rendered the plan details, then redraw an empty view). It could be worked around by closing the Courses tool, then reopening it. However, I haven't encountered that issue any more, leading me to think that it was fixed.

Posts 702
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 7 2017 4:10 PM

Pastor Michael Huffman:

My courses tool opens to a blank page since updating to 7.3 SR-2. Any other similar problems out there like this?

Same here. If you resize your window with the courses tool in it, it will appear (at least it does on mine).

Posts 284
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2017 11:08 AM

JH:

Pastor Michael Huffman:

Same here. If you resize your window with the courses tool in it, it will appear (at least it does on mine).

Strange, If I go change the font size and then change it back, then it works. But should not be this way!

Posts 301
LogosEmployee
Brandyn Whittington | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2017 12:22 PM

Hey Michael, We'd love to collect a bit more information on this, but it looks like you were able to garner a work around. If you close the software and re-open it, does it still open to a blank page? If it's still occurring, please reply to this post with the following information so we can assess what may be happening:

• Diagnostic logs, following the steps in the link at the bottom of this post
  • Your program scaling settings
  • Your default font size for the courses tool

Information on collecting logs can be found here: https://www.logos.com/support/windows/report-problem

Posts 555
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2017 12:38 PM

I reported this bug last week and provided all the information you are asking for. I was told it was a known issue and was being worked on. The information is in this thread:

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/134618.aspx 

And Philana is the person who replied to me after i posted the diagnostic files and screen shots.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS