How do you determine how big your Logos library is?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1753
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 7 2017 3:08 PM

Does anyone know how you can determine how big your Logos Library is in size please?

I am considering upgrading my (original) I5 Windows Surface Pro again (more like dreaming I can and wondering if I should) - but need to determine how much space I will need on the new computer for Logos files and Library Files (assuming they download too).

Thanks...if you have brand new leads* on good Windows Tablet recommendations (that are working well for you that would fit say the Baptist Silver Library 7.x) - do let me know please. 

* my apologies to those who already know for years I have been looking and there is no need to point me to my earlier posts please...thanks.

Posts 361
Stephen Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 7 2017 3:29 PM

Go to the Logos directory (where Logos.exe is) and check the properties of the Data directory. This is the big one with all the resources. Mine is about 50G.

When you install Logos on a new computer you can copy files via a USB drive to save a massive download. Check Logos install procedures for details.

Stephen Miller

Wentworth Falls

Australia

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 7 2017 3:43 PM

JoshInRI:

Does anyone know how you can determine how big your Logos Library is in size please?

Hey Josh, navigate in File Explorer to your Logos folder. In the address bar at the top you can see the hierarchy. Once there, right click on your Data Folder. Here's a pic of mine.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 7 2017 3:53 PM

JoshInRI:
need to determine how much space I will need on the new computer for Logos files and Library Files

Logos wiki => Quick Installation onto Multiple Macs has default installation paths on Windows, which is the size desired (includes your documents and your resources).

My user's AppData\Logos folder is 89.1 GB while my Data folder is 87.7 GB.

Insides my Data folder is the LibraryIndex folder that uses 16.2 GB.

For my library, would need a minimum of 106.3 GB available space for installation and indexing. 89.1 GB + 16.2 GB + 1.0 GB = 106.3 GB

FYI: my library has substantially more resources than Baptist Silver.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1753
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 8 2017 9:12 AM

Thank you all so much.  God Bless You each for your kind helpful responses and graphics.  

How small a Surface Pro or clone can I get with a data file like the one below and what is coming up in 2-in-1 Windows Tablet that might work better, cooler, and not too expensive?  I cannot afford 1200-2400 like so many of these Surface machines go for these days.  I like to detach the keyboard on any tablet I buy too.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 8 2017 1:18 PM

JoshInRI:
How small a Surface Pro or clone can I get with a data file like the one ...

Suggest 128 GB or larger for storage capacity. Allowing 60 GB for Windows 10 (and other programs: e.g. Office) plus 26 GB for Logos needs storage capacity of 86 GB.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS