Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Lauritz Leiber | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 17 2017 1:29 AM

Hello, 

we are planning a youth event at our church in March and want to have something different and more advanced projectionwise for that event as on Sundays. 

So I started looking into Proclaim yesterday as I thought of it as a good option because we really only need it now through March and it would be a great possibility to keep it reasonably priced. 

But sadly I'm not sure if Proclaim is really useful for what I'm looking for. I'm especially concerned about the order of service feature. Can I somehow loosen that structure up a bit? My event consists of two worship sets on one evening. So I'd need a pre-concert loop, pause loop and post-concert loop and two different sets of lyrics for the two bands. Along with two warmups somehow. The default Proclaim structure is great for services but I could see some problems with our kind of worship night. 

The second thing would be that we are not going to start off exactly to the minute, so if the software triggers the warm up before we're actually ready, we'd have some problems. Is it possible to work around the start time, so I can actually kick off the warm up and my first lyrics 5min after my planned start or so, if I need it then. 

I really see many advantages with proclaim, having the possibility to layer images (as I see it), nice animations etc and it would save me lots of time. But the two things I mentioned probably wouldn't work that well for me so I figured I ask the community in search for advice. 

Is there any way around this so Proclaim works for my event as well, or do I have to look for something else?

Thanks in advance for taking the time! 

Lauritz

Posts 4677
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 17 2017 1:40 AM

Hi Lauitz

Welcome to the forum. You will probably get a good deal of advice here.

I don't think that Proclaim will seamlessly do what you want with two sets on the same evening. However switching between two presentations should be almost seamless. I would have one presentation for the first set and another one for the second. You will probably find managing the content easier with two presentations as well.

Although the service time start is available you can circumvent it by setting it to a time that is after the conclusion of the service (set). This would mean that you would need to manually trigger the start of the 'warm up' which will then run for its allotted time.

You may find that your set up is better without a 'warm up' section and that moving manually from the Pre-service Loop to the main presentation suits your needs.

Posts 2
Lauritz Leiber | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 18 2017 12:28 AM

Hi Mike, 

thanks for the welcome and for your advice and hints on how to get Proclaim to work for my needs. 

I'm going to try splitting the sets apart see if that solves my problems and gets our presentation up and running.  

Thanks again for your time! 

Lauritz

Posts 126
Jared Schwyhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 18 2017 7:52 AM

To delay the start time of the Warm-Up section, just set the time much later than you know you'll start. For example, you need to start at 6:45, but you're not sure if you will start exactly at 6:45. Set the time to 7:00, or 7:45 if you think you'll be really delayed.

FYI, the Warm-Up section will start before the time you enter. Calculate the time each item takes in the Warm-Up section and subtract it from the Service time you entered and that is when it will start. For example, you set the Service time to 10:00 and the total time of the Warm-Up items is 5 minutes. Proclaim will automatically switch from the Pre-Service Loop to the Warm-Up section at 9:55.

The problem with using two presentations is the presentation will stop and cause the audience displays to show the desktop. So, if you do this, make sure your secondary display desktop backdrop is set to black or blank. Or a logo.

Posts 4677
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 19 2017 12:22 AM

Lauritz

Jared is right about the danger of the desktop displaying on the presentation screen. This marks out those with sloppy presentation preparation.

When giving a presentation, whether Proclaim of Powerpoint, the screen mirroring option should be turned off and set to extend the desktop.

This means that should any glitch cause the presentation to fail, as in swapping between programs or services only the desktop background will appear on the screen and all the files only be shown on the control computer.

On my Mac (I don't know about Windows) I can set a separate desktop background graphic which could be customised for the occasion.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS