Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4723
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 17 2017 2:30 AM

2335.Proclaim Logs.zip

Preparation of last Sunday's presentation (January, 15 2017) was a bit problematic.

Using a content slide and the 'Copy Bible Verses' tool in Logos (I wanted to show some of the source texts in the presentation) I found that backspacing on an empty slide, or back spacing on the top of a populated slide caused a crash.

This crash was reproducible as I am sure the attached logs will show.

Posts 294
LogosEmployee
Glenn Gervais (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 17 2017 9:45 AM

Mike, 

What style are you using in Copy Bible Verse tool in Logos? Is it custom, if so can you 'edit' your style and copy/paste the style for me here?

I'm seeing the crash in your logs has an unexpected character and all the styles I've tried from CBV in Logos7 have worked for me, as well as showing all the bible text on one slide, how are you getting empty slides is what I'm trying to reproduce.

Thanks

Glenn

Posts 294
LogosEmployee
Glenn Gervais (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 17 2017 10:40 AM

Mike -

After digging in some more, It looks like the bad characters were in the Content slide before you copied from CBV, and before you duplicated the slide (before renaming to 'Baptism' as well)

I see the bad characters in an empty-ish 'Content' slide near the end of the post-service loop and this slide got duplicated and eventually the copied bible text was pasted into a slide with this bad data.

I was able to open your presentation with this bad data and was able to delete the 'bad' characters (blank space near the top - the cursor size even changed as I moved the cursor through the data) if I selected ALL of the bad characters, but if I just tried to delete the bad characters one at a time, I was able to reproduce this crash.

Alternatively, you can delete the entire Content service item and start with a brand new Content item (the bad data stays if you duplicate a slide).

I have enough information and the bad data form your presentation to try and fix the underlying problem - we should not crash parsing the richtext, but I don't have a date or timeframe for this change. In the meantime, I would delete the 'Baptism' slide all together and start with a new Content slide.

Any idea how you got an 'empty' Content slide with this bad data? It first showed up in the third to last slide in your "January 15, 2017' presentation approximately Jan 15 06:46:43 UTC

Thanks

Glenn

Posts 4723
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 17 2017 11:54 PM

Greetings Glenn

I am glad that you found the underlying cause of the problem.

I guess that you can see from the presentation that the content slides were used for quotes from the NIV.

For the most part this would have been using 'Copy Bible Verses' (CBV) from logos but I will have (unthinkingly) highlighted and copied the text from a panel on occasion. This would not produce the slide I wanted so that content would have been deleted and replaced with text using CBV.

You will notice that once pasted I either removed the Bible attribution or dragged and dropped it to the bottom of the slide.

Other than that I don't know how the 'Bad Characters' (should there be bad characters?) got into the slide.

When I decided to use a series as background my habit is to

• Import all the slides in the series.
  • Rename them as required - i.e. two box, blank, three box etc
  • Shift them to the Post Service loop.
  • Duplicate, rename and move to Service section as required
  • Delete superfluous slides from Post Service Loop at the end.

Is this the workflow that the developers envisaged when designing the system?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS