Please Help: Logos 7 SO SLOW!

Page 3 of 3 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 50 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 2062
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 23 2017 3:28 PM

Cynthia in Florida:
So, I can't close this out without saying that years ago, it was MARK BARNES' Logos 4 Unofficial Videos that taught me, among other things, how to properly keep organized note files, how to create highlighting palettes, how to create visual filters from my highlighting paletts, and how to create collections. THANK YOU MARK!  I really appreciate you.

http://www.logosbiblesoftwaretraining.com/ 

Posts 744
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 23 2017 10:43 PM

Cynthia in Florida:

Ultimately, it was the clearing of the web cache that immediately fixed the problem and makes my Bible Browser and Concordance FLY!!!  So, she taught me how to do that, which is good in case I have to do it in the future, and that was that.

Can you share this trick with us? Can I just delete the WebCache folder on my hard disk?

Posts 809
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2017 4:29 AM

Armin:

Cynthia in Florida:

Ultimately, it was the clearing of the web cache that immediately fixed the problem and makes my Bible Browser and Concordance FLY!!!  So, she taught me how to do that, which is good in case I have to do it in the future, and that was that.

Can you share this trick with us? Can I just delete the WebCache folder on my hard disk?

On Windows, you would find it in Logos' AppData Folder, but here are the instructions exactly how she gave them to me on a Mac.

Make sure your Logos Application is closed.

While in Finder,  hold own Shift + Command + G

When the window pops up, type in ~/Library/Application Support/Logos 4 (For me, it was already in there but if it's not, that's what you type).

Press go

Go over and open up the folder called Data

Scroll down to the Web Cache folder and Delete it.  Yes, delete it.  It will create another on its own.

Close out Finder and launch Logos.

That's it.

She did tell me that some people were having a problem a while back with their Web Cache getting very large and causing problems, but that has been fixed.  However, I guess every now and then, something funky happens that causes the need to clear it.

Blessings!

Cynthia

Romans 8:28-38

Posts 744
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2017 4:31 AM

Thanks so much. Mine is >50GB. Surprise

Posts 809
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2017 4:37 AM

Armin:

WOW!!!!! That's crazy!

Check out this.

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/106720.aspx

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/124420.aspx

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/125516/817702.aspx

Save

Save

Save

Cynthia

Romans 8:28-38

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2017 12:36 PM

Cynthia in Florida:

Armin:

WOW!!!!! That's crazy!

Check out this.

Another thread => Web Cache Folder growing and growing......

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1
Chris Esty | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 20 2018 8:38 AM

I have experienced the same problem. Even worse, it slowed my PC down a great deal. The software is obviously not optimized for speed, which means it is likely poorly coded. I eventually removed the software from my PC. It's a shame. For now I will stick to Esword, which is a very good program, by the way. It just doesn't have all the bells and whistles logos has. Esword is also very fast! 

Posts 297
Michael Parry-Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 25 2018 4:52 PM

hi

if the WebCache folder is deleted, will any book media download 

be deleted,? 

or is book media saved in a separate file 

where is the media folder location would like to back this up

sorry for jumping in, 

mick

Mick
Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 26 2018 12:26 AM

If you delete the WebCache folder it will delete all ON DEMAND video and audio content that plays in Logos. This includes Mobile Ed, Logos tutorials, etc. It doesn’t include videos and images that open in the web browser as these are not cached.

Some older resources include their media files within the resource, such as the VanTil audio library. These media files are embedded directly into the resource file (in the Resources folder and usually ending in .logos4). The only way to remove these is to hide the resource.

Posts 1
William Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2019 9:06 PM

I have no solution. Logos 7 was stupid expensive in my opinion and ugly slow. Just trying to type a prayer is taking 15 seconds or longer per LETTER on my tablet. Good marketing but a terrible product.  I have all but quit using it. I only use it because paid like $800 for it. Disappointed and frustrated.

Posts 1998
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2019 10:13 PM

William Johnson:
I have no solution.

Welcome to the forums, William. Sorry you're having trouble. What you describe is NOT normal. Please start a new thread describing the problem(s) and detailing the software version, platform, and OS version that you're running. There are scores of people that would love to help you!

Page 3 of 3 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS