Installation issue on Windows Server 2016

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 12
Tane Kim | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 23 2017 6:55 AM

I use Windows Server 2016 Operating System, but when I try to install Logos on my machine, it throws an error "The installation of Logos Bible Software did not succeed."

Windows server 2016 is pretty much Windows 10 + more features, so I believe making it compatible for installation should not be a big deal.

Could you guys please make Logos compatible with Windows Server 2016?

Thanks!

Posts 27781
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 23 2017 7:13 AM

I am not a windows user, and can't speak to the compatibility of L7 with your OS. I do know that Logos is intended for a SINGLE user, and is not meant to be run over a server (if that was your intention). 

Do you have a windows event log? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 12
Tane Kim | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 23 2017 9:14 AM

I don't know how to get an windows event log.

Windows Server is pretty much same as Windows 10 when it comes to User privileges. One has to log in with unique id and password to use programs of their own scope. I am using Windows Server because it provides more functions than windows 10.

Posts 8066
LogosEmployee

Logos 7 is a consumer desktop application, designed for consumer OSes (Windows 7, 8, 10). 

I'll file a bug report on this issue but just be aware that it may take us some time to investigate and fix this problem.

Posts 12
Tane Kim | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2017 10:09 PM

Oh, I finally was able to install on windows Server 2016. I just had to right click and "Run as an Administrator" 

Thanks

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2017 10:16 PM

Tane Kim:
I just had to right click and "Run as an Administrator" 

Windows support => Error Writing to File includes "Run as an Administrator" as a temporary work around for updating along with how to change user's file and folder permissions so work around is not needed.

Logos is a consumer application that is not designed for use by built-in Administrator in Windows. Logos is designed for standard user.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1
Josh Lamb | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 14 2017 5:19 AM

Just wanted to say thank you for this!! An easy mistake that I made as well. I'm running it on a windows server instance on Google cloud. So with remote desktop protocol I can connect to it from my school and access my logos from there. Now I don't have to lug my laptop everywhere.

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 19 2017 12:28 PM

I'm not sure why anyone would want to run Logos on Windows Server (of any release). Windows Server is a server software, not client software. And there is absolutely no need to run Windows Server to have an RDP session. You can have an RDP session to any Windows machine, from almost any OS, anywhere.

For example from my home MacOS iMac I run a great piece of software called Jump Desktop and connect to my work Windows 10 desktop and any Windows Server I administer.

Personally I don't think Logos should even certify, or support, Logos 7 running on Windows Server — they are busy enough getting it working OK on Windows (desktop) and the Mac.

"I want to know all God's thoughts; the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS