Logos 7 Library Popover on Logos.com

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 25 2017 4:16 PM

Dear Logos,

I have a large Logos 7 library (Platinum).

I also have a Logos Now membership.

I even have a Logos Cloud subscription (Plus).

So why do I continue to receive a popover every time I visit Logos.com (even when signed in with my Faithlife ID) asking me to choose how I want to study so I can be recommended a Logos 7 library (and for the fun of it, when choosing a study method, it recommends a library smaller than the one I own)?

Can you please do me a favor and remove this popover when I'm signed into Logos.com when visiting the home page so I can spend two seconds more in figuring out what I want to purchase next instead of dealing with a popover that's recommending something less than I already own?

Thanks!

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 28760
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2017 5:57 PM

Unfair - I just went to logos.com and I don't get a library popover Crying Okay, I don't really want one but was curious what you were talking about ... and since I don't see it, I still don't know.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2041
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2017 6:07 PM

That's strange.  I don't get the popover either.  What browser are you using?

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2017 6:12 PM

I can verify that this is real, but I am currently unable to post a screenshot.

Posts 2041
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2017 6:33 PM

I tried it with Chrome, IE, Edge, and Firefox, and it only showed up once before I logged in to Firefox.  I am on PC of course.  

What platform/browser are you guys experiencing this with?

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2017 6:35 PM

Apologies since unable to replicate popover on logos.com (while concur with annoyance).

Which web browser(s) ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2545
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2017 6:45 PM

I get it on Chrome when Adblock is disabled.

To get rid of it, install Adblock Plus as a browser plugin. www.adblockplus.org

Then add the "Fanboy's Annoyance List".

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2017 8:20 PM

Jan Krohn:

I get it on Chrome when Adblock is disabled.

To get rid of it, install Adblock Plus as a browser plugin. www.adblockplus.org

Then add the "Fanboy's Annoyance List".

My popover is different from that one. Will try to grab a screenshot of it next time I'm at Logos.com. Mine gives me six options to choose from som it can recommend a Logos 7 library to me (which I already own).

I have AdBlock enabled, but I don't have the Fanboy list. Should I add it?

I'm generally on Chrome under Windows 10 when it happens.

I don't mind occasional popovers, but to continue getting popovers recommending something less than I already own is annoying. It's as if Faithlife is telling me I spent too much money on Platinum and I should take it back and get something smaller. :-)

Nathan Parker

Posts 2545
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2017 8:41 PM

Nathan Parker:
I have AdBlock enabled, but I don't have the Fanboy list. Should I add it?

The annoyance list removes all elements that are not actually ads, but still annoying.

So you see too many annoying stuff on the internet, add the annoyance list.

(It will only cover objectively annoying things of course ;-)

Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2017 12:29 AM

I have not seen it personally, but I would assume you do not own every Logos 7 library so they are encouraging you to buy one of the denominational libraries you don't own.

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2017 5:58 PM

Disciple of Christ (doc):

I have not seen it personally, but I would assume you do not own every Logos 7 library so they are encouraging you to buy one of the denominational libraries you don't own.

It's actually encouraging me to get regular Silver, when I own regular Platinum. I guess Faithlife is telling me I bought too big of a library. :-)

Nathan Parker

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2017 6:00 PM

Above is what is showing up. I've clicked a few of them, and they take me to regular Silver when I already have regular Platinum.

Nathan Parker

Posts 2545
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2017 6:06 PM

By the way, click the bottom link, answer 3 questions, and choose a free resource!

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2017 7:37 PM

Oh that does not make sense.

Nathan Parker:

It's actually encouraging me to get regular Silver, when I own regular Platinum. I guess Faithlife is telling me I bought too big of a library. :-)

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2017 7:38 PM

Oh that does not make sense.

Nathan Parker:

Posts 273
LogosEmployee
Glenn Airoldi (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2017 8:42 PM

The popover you're seeing is part of a short term project that will be completed prior to February 7. You will notice it disappear within the next week or so.  

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2017 9:35 PM

Glenn Airoldi:

The popover you're seeing is part of a short term project that will be completed prior to February 7. You will notice it disappear within the next week or so.  

Great to know. Looking forward to it being gone. Ideally, I'd like for Faithlife to include a check in the website to see if I already own a Logos 7 library (when signed in with my Faithlife ID) and if so, don't show the popover. You could be spending that time showing me something else I don't already own and could be tempting me to purchase it. :-)

Nathan Parker

Posts 273
LogosEmployee
Glenn Airoldi (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2017 9:42 PM

Yes, we're going to wholeheartedly agree with you on this. Smile

Posts 3556
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2017 10:37 PM

Glenn Airoldi:

Yes, we're going to wholeheartedly agree with you on this. Smile

Now if we could come to some wholehearted agreement over the "Total value if sold separately" math, that would be brilliant! Party!!! That "value" still appears to be inflated, instead of merely being an accurate sum of the new-to-you resource prices.

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS