Logos 7 Stuck on "Preparing Library"

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 147
John Murphy | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 27 2017 5:34 AM

Does anyone happen to know why Logos 7 would be stuck on "preparing library?"  The program works fine and runs fine, but my latest purchase doesn't show in library and top right corner of the screen has a blue 1 - "preparing library."  It seems like it is "stuck" in the sync process somehow.

I'm using the Mac version of Logos 7. 

Any suggestions to fix this would be appreciated.

Posts 28303
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2017 5:43 AM

Have you tried restarting the app? Computer? If neither work, please post logs. See my signature line. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 147
John Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2017 6:03 AM

Thanks for the quick reply!  So far I restarted the program, then restarted Logos and it is doing the same thing.  Shows "preparing library" but never finishes and doesn't download my last purchase [1 Bible]. 

I've attached the logs.5670.LogosLogs.Kelly.20170127-090020.zip

Posts 10889
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2017 7:41 AM

Can't say if the same, but in my case, of maybe 15 resources purchased, 2 came down, and stuck on preparing library. Plus a repetitive download available that 'downloaded' and caused another index. Luckily, another Logos update was pushed out this week, which fixed it. The books came down, and I called in a refund yesterday. My policy.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 28303
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2017 8:46 AM

John Murphy:
I'm using the Mac version of Logos 7. 

Your logs show 7.1 SR-1. The current version is 7.3 SR-3. If "update now" doesn't download the newest engine, try downloading it and installing manually. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 147
John Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2017 7:37 AM

Sounds good.  I'll give it a try.  Thanks!

Posts 7
Thomas Elliott | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 27 2017 12:49 PM
I am currently running Logos Bible Software 7.4 SR-1, but I am running into the same issue. I have shut down and restarted Logos, I have uninstalled and re-installed the Logos software.I have left Logos running over night (greater than 12 hours), but still run into the same issue. I get message indicating "Updating library catalogs. List may be incomplete." What can I do?
Posts 22745
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 27 2017 12:59 PM

Hi Thomas - and welcome to the forums

Please start a new thread and generate / upload logs as per https://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging 

Graham

Posts 25661
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2017 2:38 PM

John Murphy:

Sounds good.  I'll give it a try.  Thanks!

John, do you still have a problem?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS