Another extended full feature set, really?

Page 4 of 5 (96 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 95 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 1377
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2017 9:24 AM

mab:

I've had to settle for building my library more incrementally lately, and I did not want to miss out on this, so I put it my cart today. It was $94 and change. Than I added a base package, in my case Gold, as it was the next level up. My eyes nearly popped out of my head to start doing a happy dance. Big Smile

Thank you Faithlife!

As noted in my previous post, one of the primary L7 features I was interested in was the Bible Browser which was eventually clarified to be available only to Logos Now members, but is now available to non Logos Now members in this new extended feature set.  Since the price of the extended feature set is getting reduced for people when they add an L7 package (or packages) to their cart along with the extended feature set, and since the extended feature set wasn't available when I purchased all my L7 products, I called sales to see if the L7 purchases I made could be used to reduce my $170.64 cost listed for the extended feature set.  Those L7 purchases consisted of the following.

1. Full Feature Set
  2. Reformed Starter Library
  3. Anglican Bronze Library
  4. Methodist and Wesleyan Bronze Library
  5. Pentecostal and Charismatic Bronze Library
  6. Standard Silver Library

I was told they could not.  Very disappointed.  Huh? 

Posts 638
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2017 10:27 AM

Logos is now selling the full feature set for the same price as the extended feature set for those who don't own Logos 7, or to existing customers who have not upgraded to Logos 7 (with the full feature set). It appears on the surface, that these customers get the extended feature set at no additional cost. In other words, those of us who upgraded early have to pay more to upgrade to the extended feature set.  Can someone please check? I hope I'm wrong. Thank you.

Posts 3108
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2017 10:28 AM

Rick Ausdahl:
I was told they could not.  Very disappointed.  Huh?

As I recall, it was a one-time additional discount for purchasing a library and feature set together that only applied to the initial base package you bought.

If you had a Logos Now subscription, the additional savings would have paid for the annual cost itself, several times over. I saved an additional 25% ($80) just on the Extended Feature Set alone.

Posts 638
Posts 3067
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2017 10:38 AM

Judging by your photos the prices seem different.  Am I missing something?

Posts 3108
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2017 10:40 AM

Into Grace:

Logos is now selling the full feature set for the same price as the extended feature set for those who don't own Logos 7, or to existing customers who have not upgraded to Logos 7 (with the full feature set). It appears on the surface, that these customers get the extended feature set at no additional cost. In other words, those of us who upgraded early have to pay more to upgrade to the extended feature set.  Can someone please check? I hope I'm wrong. Thank you.

I don't see that; the pricing appears correct.

Pricing is complex, as there are additional discounts (and credits) that come into effect, depending on whether you're a subscriber, academic, making your first L7 bundle purchase, (recently bought L6 before L7 was released,) etc.

If you hadn't bought any L7 product, that you'll get a great discount on any feature set (and the discount will naturally be larger for the extended feature set, since it costs more), but FL isn't giving the extended feature set items away for free to anyone.

As an aside, if you don't subscribe to LN, you'll get 10% off. If you do subscribe to LN, you'll get 36% off. Any savings will generally pay for the annual membership, several times over, in my experience.

Could you have saved more if you hadn't bought early? Perhaps. But you've also had access to L7 tools and features for all that time, while the people who held off, didn't.

Posts 494
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2017 10:47 AM

Couldn't Logos offer us early adopters of the full feature set the option to buy only the features and not all the resources included in the Extended Feature Set?

Posts 638
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2017 10:56 AM

It looks like I was mistaken. Thanks for correcting me.

Posts 3108
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2017 11:15 AM

Sarel Slabbert:

Couldn't Logos offer us early adopters of the full feature set the option to buy only the features and not all the resources included in the Extended Feature Set?

Wouldn't that be similar to asking for early access to specific new features, capabilities, and/or online-only tools, without subscribing to Logos Now?

It probably wouldn't be practical for FL to sell off individual features from the set, as people would only buy one or two features, instead of the set.

I imagine that when L8 comes out, the L8 Full Feature Set will contain a lot of features that people would like to buy today, instead of renting.

Until then, isn't it reasonable that people pay (roughly the same) for the Bible Browser and Discourse features, either by paying $99/year for Logos Now, or by buying the Extended Feature Set?

Posts 494
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2017 11:22 AM

PetahChristian:

Sarel Slabbert:

Wouldn't that be similar to asking for early access to specific new features, capabilities, and/or online-only tools, without subscribing to Logos Now?

It probably wouldn't be practical for FL to sell off individual features from the set, as people would only buy one or two features, instead of the set.

Perhaps, but the Bible Browser was available when Logos offered the full feature set with Logos 7, except it was only for Logos Now. Now suddenly it is available to buy, but only with an expensive set of books which I have not desire to own at the moment. I would however like to have access to the features. If Bible Browser was only released now it would not have been a problem, since it would then be a new feature.

Posts 633
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2017 11:24 AM

Will there be a Verbum Extended Feature Set?

Posts 499
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2017 5:45 PM

If this view helps I have no Logos 7 package yet and no features sets. No LNow either. I have many resources and older version packages. I see an increase of about $100 between Full and Extended features sets. They do all go down more when added to my cart but only to where the extended is about $85 more.

I have a ? about the discourse features.(Update I think I answer this for myself. I seem to have the glossary and intro already for some reason).

They list The Lexham Discourse Greek New Testament Dataset & The Lexham Discourse Hebrew Bible Dataset 

I watched the video about them. They demo the glossary. That appears to be a separate product. In the listing it shows the glossary for the old testament "The Lexham Discourse Hebrew Bible: Glossary" but I not see the "The Lexham Discourse Greek New Testament: Glossary" listed under glossaries. Is that not included? Will I miss having that or be able to purchase it?

Posts 1377
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2017 6:19 PM

Sarel Slabbert:

That would be nice.  Most likely the best fit for me.  But I'll be surprised if they do that.  Thankfully, the sun will rise and life will go on regardless of what Faithlife chooses to do.  Smile 

Posts 2200
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2017 7:48 PM

FWIW, I really didn't do anything special to get the deal. I put the set into my cart and added the Gold library. Not only did the numbers show a modest discount on the set, but I also got a discount on the library. I'm not sure how everything shook out, but it amounted to the library extension being better than free. I can recall that this sort of thing happened one other time and the details are foggy. But the takeaway is that you won't know unless add the stuff you want into the cart and see your price. My understanding is that you will get a discount with one base package. More base packages may not lower it further.

One other thing. You really can't cherry pick with Logos as you might with print. It will frustrate you endlessly. It's still to your advantage to pick wisely among all the package deals. You'll have some fluff, but you will save enormously in the long run.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2021
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2017 8:41 PM

You may have some inexpensive base package, even a starter that may just be a few bucks, that you can combine with the EFS to get noteworthy savings, quite a bit cheaper altogether than the EFS alone.    

Posts 3067
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 2 2017 5:39 AM

What I don't get with this extended feature set is the random volumes of Systematic Theology Included... Why only 3 of 4 of Wiley's Sys Theo? Why only 1 of 3 of Oden's?  This perplexes me to no end.

Anyone have the bulletin for biblical research?  Is that a good set of journals?

Posts 1814
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 2 2017 5:58 AM

Mattillo:

What I don't get with this extended feature set is the random volumes of Systematic Theology Included... Why only 3 of 4 of Wiley's Sys Theo? Why only 1 of 3 of Oden's?  This perplexes me to no end.

Anyone have the bulletin for biblical research?  Is that a good set of journals?

The volume from the Wiley set that is left out is a one volume summary of his main three volume work.  It was done by Wiley and Culbertson.

Posts 3067
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 2 2017 8:34 AM

Thank you Kenneth but what about Oden's?

Posts 245
BriM | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 2 2017 10:55 AM

Virgil Buttram:
Agreed. The inclusion of the Lexham Discourse Bible makes that an attractive product, depending on your dynamic pricing for it.

I found that my dynamic price for https://www.logos.com/product/81254/lexham-discourse-bible was $21.99, which included a special "ownership discount" (probably because I had the old 9 volume NT and 6 volume OT sets). As this was the main thing I was interested in I decided to buy it separately whilst thinking about the extended set. After buying it,  https://www.logos.com/product/131520/lexham-discourse-greek-new-testament-datasets was included in my library and https://www.logos.com/product/131521/lexham-discourse-hebrew-old-testament-datasets became available to purchase for 0 price. Previously, these had each been over $100.

What is strange is that this $21.99 purchase made the extended feature set about $30 cheaper. So I guess that, if you qualify for the low price on the Discourse Bible, it's best to buy it first.

Posts 6
Catherine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 3 2017 7:21 PM

I am lost. The pricing seems completely random. I can't understand how it is lawful to have a price system that is so complicated that a reasonable and intelligent person can't get around with it. And besides, it sounds to me that the pricing is not fair at all (let alone the fact that it seem to be disadvantageous to have bought the product early. So happy I didn't). I might be wrong of course, but it's sincerely the impression I get (and I am VERY puzzled about that). Wilted Flower 

Page 4 of 5 (96 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS