Logos crashes whenever I right click on text....

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 16
Keith Moncrief | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 28 2017 10:06 AM

Every time I right click on any text in a resource i.e. to copy or search etc. logos crashes.

** Actually, upon further investigation, the problem isn't with all resources. It seems to be with several bibles: ESV, NIV, NIV84, NASB95, NKJV. Happens inconsistently with NLT.  Hasn't happened with the AMP or LEB. Haven't had time to check other bibles, but haven't seen it occur with other resources as yet.**

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached the log file after logging back in and recreating the issue per instructions on the support pages.

I have also included a screen capture of the error.

4628.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 24843
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2017 12:43 PM

This is happening with pronunciations, when a lemma is selected. You should be able to work around that by first selecting something other than lemma in another (safe) bible.

You could try deleting Greek *.lbsprn resources from ..\Logos\Data\random\ResourceManager\Resources which should be re-downloaded when you restart Logos.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 16
Keith Moncrief | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2017 3:55 PM

Dave, Thank you for your reply.

I could use a little clarification, if you wouldn't mind. I'm not attempting to access pronunciations or select a lemma, just simply right clicking on any random text (trying to copy some verses), however, I followed your suggestion and selected manuscript in an unaffected bible and that seems to have things working again. Thank you!

So, it seems, the most recent selection in the right click menu must persist. Does this mean that I can't use the right click menu to access info re: lemmas? (or pronunciations?) Are you saying this is a known bug?

Also, I didn't delete any .lbsprn files (yet). If that becomes necessary, will they re-download automatically or, if not, where can I find help with that? 

Thank you so much for your help! Was really kind of frustrated! This is really the only trouble I've ever had with Logos.

Posts 83
Br. Anthony | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2017 5:46 PM

I have tried to reduplicate your problem, but was unsuccessful.  I, however, had my own repeated crash in one of my layouts, where if I tried to link 3 tabs together, it would crash every time.  The fix that has worked so far was to delete the layout and remake it from scratch.  Maybe something similar will work in this case for you.

Posts 21860
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2017 11:30 PM

Keith Moncrief:
I'm not attempting to access pronunciations or select a lemma, just simply right clicking on any random text (trying to copy some verses)

Right-clicking on the text results in Logos needing to "build" the entries in the left-hand menu based on what is selected in the right. In this case, trying to build what is necessary to allow you to click on pronunciations even if you don't actually click on it.

Keith Moncrief:
So, it seems, the most recent selection in the right click menu must persist

Correct

Keith Moncrief:
Does this mean that I can't use the right click menu to access info re: lemmas?

At the moment, on your system, yes

Keith Moncrief:
Are you saying this is a known bug?

No

Keith Moncrief:
Also, I didn't delete any .lbsprn files (yet). If that becomes necessary, will they re-download automatically

Yes, they will - and I would go ahead and follow Dave's suggestion.

Posts 16
Keith Moncrief | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 29 2017 12:22 PM

Graham,

Thank you for the clarification. Since this apparently is an odd issue on my system, (and inferred from the suggested fix) it seems like it could perhaps be due to something like possibly a corrupt .lbsprn file?

Anyway, per Dave's advice and with your encouragement I'm taking the plunge and deleting the files!

I will post a thumbs up or down once I see the results.

Thanks again!

Keith

Posts 16
Keith Moncrief | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 29 2017 12:51 PM

Br. Anthony,

Thanks for the suggestion. As I started to look at that though, I realized that the behavior doesn't seem to be related to any particular layout. It happens regardless how I have the workspace configured, i.e. a selected layout, several randomly opened resources or just one single bible opened...

Posts 16
Keith Moncrief | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 29 2017 12:59 PM

Well, I deleted the Greek *.lbsprn files as suggested (with Logos closed), opened Logos, it updated the Greek pronunciation and lemma files and lo and behold it all seems to be working like new! Big Smile

Many thanks Dave and Graham!

Keith

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS