EBC and Zondervan 87 bundle

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Dan Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 6:44 PM

Mark Barnes:

Thanks for taking the time to give a thorough explanation. I accept that you can't release a product I haven't paid for. I also accept that you have systems in place that may not be able to be altered just for this one unusual case. Can I suggest two possible methods that may be considered:

• Allow the use of a small payment plan on this product (two-three months, preferably without the admin fee). Then licence the whole bundle to us now. That way payments are staggered, just as the resources are staggered (I know it won't be a complete correlation, but it's better than nothing).
  • Allow people like Amy to ask CS to charge their card now, knowing that she will receive products as/when they become available.

To make either of these suggestions work, you may need to create a new 'product' (Zondervan 87-volume, Pradis discount, early release), so that your systems can cope. That way you can give those who request it the full licence now, without giving the same to everyone else who has ordered the standard 87-volume bundle. The great thing about Logos 4 is that if you give us the full licence now, L4 will automatically download the new resources as/when they are published.

Mark, thanks for the ideas.

You and Amy are correct, there are plenty of future looking ideas and ways we could dedicate programming resources to change the existing system to accomplish the goal. Unfortunately they all take staff off other urgent projects and reassign them to address an issue that will go away in three weeks on its own. I haven't been able to come up with any way yet to work with the current system to make it happen though. Here's where the ideas meet the reality of implementation: timing.

The challenge right now is that creating any new system would most likely take longer than the few weeks it will take for the entire bundle to ship. Any changes we would be able to programatically make would most likely not be finished in time to do this. Also, payment plans are incompatible with the Pre-Pub system and actually can't be integrated currently. The entire bundle has not been created, and the internal pieces it needs to actually be licensed to a user have not either. There is no license for the entire thing that we can deliver today. It doesn't exist.

As far as charging cards today, we are unable to do that either, because while the product is on Pre-Order it is programatically incapable of being charged. This is a safety feature forced into the system so that we don't have an accident and charge someone or sell something that doesn't yet exist. This fail-safe is programmed in on purpose just so we can't do this. It protects the customers and our ability to continue to operate within Visa/Mastercard acceptance compliance.

Since we do want to provide the best customer service in the world, please feel free to contact me personally with your requests and I will go over your options with you and see if there is any possible way to make sure you are taken care of!  dan@logos.com

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 6:55 PM

Hi Dan,

Another option is to shelve each individual title until the whole bundle is done and ship everything at once. Big Smile I AM JOKING, People. That would kill the staff in the shipping department.

Besides, there is probably a contractural obligation to get everything out the door ASAP.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 405
Amy Leung | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 7:06 PM

Dan Pritchett:
Amy, I can see why you are frustrated...

Dan, thanks anyway for taking time to explain the situation.  I would not have ordered the whole bundle had I known this was going to happen!!!  I'm still most unhappy about the whole thing.  Let' see what we can make out of all this.

Dan Pritchett:

If you would like, you may cancel your order for the bundle and put in individual orders for each title that makes up the bundle, and as soon as they are available we will charge your card and deliver each product to you. If you follow this suggestion you will be able to get Expositor's today.

How should I go about?  Will I get charged more than I am now?  I hope I wouldn't be or else I'm being penalized for going either way!

What about Mark's suggestions, or my other suggestions (in my email to Joe)?

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Dan Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 7:14 PM

Amy,

I haven't seen your email to Joe but if you forward it to me at dan@logos.com  I'd be happy to take a look. Whatever solution we come up with, we will definitely make sure you aren't charged more than your bundle price after it is all said and done.

Posts 149
David A. Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 8:06 PM

Mark Barnes:
So we'll have to wait at least a month to get Expositors

Thanks Mark, I was going to ask what when those that ordered the bundle would be able to download the resources.  I had purchased the Pradis NIV Commentary at a STEEP discount last year in a bargain bin, turned out to be a great investment, and I could not turn down the deal with the discount applying to the whole bundle. 

It is interesting that I have to wait this month to receive my EBC, as the lesson of the month at my son and daughter's TaeKwonDo class is "patience" so I will get to hear that word four nights a week, while I sit there with my tablet and study without my EBC, and other resources.Crying

Guess my what lesson will be on for the Youth on Wed. night. . . no not patience, but it may not hurt if I posted it here (its on bitterness  Heb 12:15–17)  Devil)

In Christ,

Dave

Posts 405
Amy Leung | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 8:39 PM

Dan, thanks for all your help.  The EBC has finished downloading, Logos completed indexing and I'm reading it already.  Smile

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Dan Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 8:44 PM

Excellent! You are welcome Amy, glad we could get this taken care of!

Posts 286
Dr. Charles A. Wootten | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2010 1:58 PM

This has got to be one of the best examples of international customer service I've watched in some time. Mark, in the UK, begins this thread with a query to verify something resembling a rumor at 6:56a.m. At 8:44p.m. the thread is concluded with our dear sister in Hong Kong as happy as she can be. And all of it deftly handled throughout the ensuing discussion that included more about Logos' business practices than I needed to know.

YesI don't know about anyone else, but I am duly impressed.Yes

God bless

{charley}

running Logos Bible Software 6.0a: Collector's Edition on HP e9220y (AMD Phenom II X4 2.60GHz 8.00GB 64-bit Win 7 Pro SP1) & iPad (mini) apps.

Posts 18824
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 7:03 AM

A day or two before EBC was scheduled to ship, I went through and did the math and found out that the entire bundle when purchased as separate books would cost only a slightly more than the bundle costs. Furthermore, when I summed up just the really beefy reference works and left out all the fluff, the total was less than the whole bundle. So I cancelled my order for the bundle and ordered all the reference works (and Fee's "How to Read the Bible..." books) individually. So my EBC came right away, and I'm saving a couple hundred bucks, and I don't have to deal with any fluff and I'm a happy camper.

Amy, I'm glad you had your situation resolved so quickly. That's the Logos I know and love. Smile

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS