Bug- Logos stops working shortly after opening {Solved}

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 120
DBR | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 6 2017 2:40 AM

8737.Logos Log Files.zip

I have been updating my logos and now it has stopped working. A lot of things were updated, but there are still some more things to update. The program opens, but when I try to do anything it freezes and shuts down.

Posts 22020
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 6 2017 3:00 AM

It looks like a problem with a notification on your homepage

Try opening Logos to a blank page - hold down the Ctrl key when clicking the Logos icon and then click "sign in" - and see if that enables you to finish the updates.

Avoid using the homepage until the updates have completed.

If there is still a problem please ensure diagnostic logging is fully enabled - the logos.log file you have provided is old - and upload new logs.

Details for this are at https://www.logos.com/support/windows/report-problem 

Posts 120
DBR | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 6 2017 3:56 AM

Thanks Graham. It does seem to be with the homepage. If I don't open the homepage, it doesn't crash and allows me to open resources like normal. I am doing the update now and hopefully the problem will fix itself.

I have followed the procedure to enable logging on the page you suggested. I figured that logging would be enabled automatically so I didn't read that part when posting. Very strange that it isn't and the process to enable it is so unintuitive. There should be a setting in the program to enable it. I am going to let it work for now and if it crashes again, I will post the updated log.

Posts 120
DBR | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 6 2017 6:10 AM

8357.Logos Log Files.zip

Everything updated, but it still shuts down when I try to go to the homepage. Hopefully this time the log is up to date.

Posts 120
DBR | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 6 2017 7:01 AM

After everything indexed, now it works fine. Thanks for the help Graham.

Posts 22020
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 6 2017 7:06 AM

David Ruley:
After everything indexed, now it works fine

That's good news

David Ruley:
Thanks for the help Graham.

You are welcome.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS