Logos 7 Basic Available Now (formerly free core engine)

Page 5 of 5 (91 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 90 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 3100
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 15 2017 11:12 AM

Mark:
I did not find the link easily.  Is it possible to provide a link that new users can easily find that would list free resources or suggested cheap resources that can be added to this starter package?

This link is available from the front page of Logos.com, providing some of them, and simply sorting the results by price will find the rest of the freebies.

Posts 6489
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 15 2017 3:21 PM

I have purchased L7 basic twice once last week and another this week (today) and on the product page it's still not greyed out. So there must be a bug of some sort.

DAL 

Posts 25045
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 15 2017 4:00 PM

DAL:

I have purchased L7 basic twice once last week and another this week (today) and on the product page it's still not greyed out. So there must be a bug of some sort.

DAL 

Perhaps a good one --> you can easily reinstall Logos 7Smile   ---> ok, you can get the link via your Order History!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 3254
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 15 2017 6:03 PM

DAL:

It's been broken since it first came out. I had reported it to no avail. Perhaps your post here will have better results! Smile

Posts 421
Scott S | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2017 11:10 AM

A book reading/discussion group of which I am a member will be reading a book that is available in Logos.  Some of the members may consider purchasing the book in Logos format ($36) and getting L7 Basic as an alternative to Kindle ($10) or hardcover ($39).

I have a few questions:

1. The purchaser may never buy a Logos base package. I understand the purchased resource will always be available to the purchaser, even though the L7 Basis features or access to bundled resources may change over time.  Are there any other issues if a base package is never purchased?
  2. The L7 Basic resource bundle, as nice as it is, doesn’t include an English dictionary, and the cheapest available is Webster’s for an additional $25.  Does the Logos mobile app allow access of the built-in English dictionary in most mobile devices?  In other words, if a word was highlighted in the Logos mobile app would a pop-up menu open with a dictionary look-up?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Posts 27775
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2017 11:20 AM

Scott S:
Are there any other issues if a base package is never purchased?

None that I can think of... At least none related to the purchase and use of the resource you described. 

Scott S:
if a word was highlighted in the Logos mobile app would a pop-up menu open with a dictionary look-up?

This is more of a question for each mobile app, but on iOS, the answer is "yes." I assume Android is the same. You can check for yourself if you have one. Simply find a non-bible resource and use the lookup feature. The definition provided (at least on iOS), comes from the iOS dictionary, not one from within Logos. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 22006
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2017 11:55 AM

English Dictionary lookup does not work on Android as per https://community.logos.com/forums/p/121080/792451.aspx#792451 

Posts 421
Scott S | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2017 12:51 PM

Thank you alabama24 & Graham.  That's what I needed to know.

Best Regards,

Scott

Posts 3100
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2017 1:02 PM

Scott S:
The L7 Basic resource bundle, as nice as it is, doesn’t include an English dictionary, and the cheapest available is Webster’s for an additional $25.

It's not a huge improvement, but the Concise Oxford English Dictionary, 11th ed. is $19.95.

Posts 421
Scott S | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2017 2:21 PM

SineNomine:
It's not a huge improvement, but the Concise Oxford English Dictionary, 11th ed. is $19.95.

Using your link, I get $27 for that resource. You seem to be getting a discount, LogosNow perhaps?

Posts 5103
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2017 2:59 PM

I already own but showing as $27, my thought is academic pricing but SineNomine will need to clarify why they are getting that price.

Scott S:

SineNomine:

Using your link, I get $27 for that resource. You seem to be getting a discount, LogosNow perhaps?

Page 5 of 5 (91 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS