Tyndale OT and NT Commentaries

Page 1 of 4 (66 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 65 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 3
Scott F. Marsh | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 19 2009 1:58 PM

When I was in Bible college, I got the complete set of Tyndale NT Commentaries.  In my early years of ministry, I was able to complete the OT set.  If I only had one set of commentaries, it would be Tyndale!  I would love to see them on Libronix!

The NICOT and NICNT are great, too, but the Tyndale sets would be more affordable.

I'm also looking forward to "The Bible Speaks Today" for the OT.  The NT set rocks!

Posts 2764
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 20 2009 8:16 AM

I second this request. I have heard from Logos that the have tried to obtain the license for the Tyndale Old/New but have not been successful

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 1931
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2009 11:55 AM

Scott F. Marsh:
When I was in Bible college, I got the complete set of Tyndale NT Commentaries.  In my early years of ministry, I was able to complete the OT set.  If I only had one set of commentaries, it would be Tyndale!  I would love to see them on Libronix!

I third this request!

Posts 2764
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2009 12:07 PM

Scott F. Marsh:

You will be happy to know Tyndale New/Old Testament is coming to Logos very soon. Stay tuned and keep on watching the Pre-pub page, our cries & long awaited wait is about to come to an end. Sorry can't say much more than thatBig Smile

Sir T.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2009 12:37 PM

Ted Hans:
You will be happy to know Tyndale New/Old Testament is coming to Logos very soon. Stay tuned and keep on watching the Pre-pub page, our cries & long awaited wait is about to come to an end. Sorry can't say much more than that

Hmm I'll say more.   Look what I've found:

Windows:

http://www.ivpress.com/cgi-ivpress/book.pl/code=4279

Mac:

http://www.ivpress.com/cgi-ivpress/book.pl/code=4280

(Although it's not clear the the "Mac" version is for Libronix)

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 2764
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2009 12:46 PM

Todd Phillips:

Windows:

Mac:

Bravo Sir - Todd has let the cat out of the basket! It is no longer a surprise, above all it is priced very generously.

Ted

Posts 273
Ken Avery | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2009 12:51 PM

Ted Hans:

Scott F. Marsh:

You will be happy to know Tyndale New/Old Testament is coming to Logos very soon. Stay tuned and keep on watching the Pre-pub page, our cries & long awaited wait is about to come to an end. Sorry can't say much more than thatBig Smile

Sir T.

Most excellent Yes

Posts 567
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2009 2:40 PM

Scott F. Marsh:

I'm hoping they will break the set up into OT and NT so I can afford to get them one at a time.  This is the one set of commentaries I would most like to add to my collection.  Stott's commentary on the Epistles of John is one of the best there is.

Posts 10739
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2009 4:48 PM

Todd Phillips:

[Mac:

The "Features and Benefits" tab at the bottom of this link leads to a web page that twice says the Mac version is for Accordance. The Windows version is for Logos, and it will work with Logos Mac.

Jack

Posts 3229
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2009 6:35 PM

It would be nice if Logos could go ahead and announce the series, this would allow us to decide if we will place a pre-order with IVP or Logos.

Not being picky but I need to decide whether I can alot funds to provide for others, and the price will be the determining factor.

Logos can you post on pre-pub and let us decide? or is there an agreement with IVP? if so we can understand that but at least inform us to place our orders with them or wait.

Thanks for your consideration,

Whyndell

Posts 1931
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2009 11:41 PM

Todd Phillips:

Windows:

Mac:

Cool Yes This is awesome news! My poor book budget though!!!

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 25 2009 1:01 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:
This is awesome news! My poor book budget though!!!

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying to myself right now.I would be happy to have Tyndale. I love Kidner's Genesis. I also have some NT books like F.F. Bruce's Romans, Cole's Galatians, Hewitt's Hebrews. It looks to me as a good and solid series.

Bohuslav

Posts 273
Ken Avery | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 25 2009 5:11 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:

It would be nice if Logos could go ahead and announce the series, this would allow us to decide if we will place a pre-order with IVP or Logos.

Not being picky but I need to decide whether I can alot funds to provide for others, and the price will be the determining factor.

Logos can you post on pre-pub and let us decide? or is there an agreement with IVP? if so we can understand that but at least inform us to place our orders with them or wait.

Thanks for your consideration,

Whyndell

I suspect, knowing how businesses work, that it is more a question of "when"; there is probably some sort of deal between Logos and IVP that allows IVP a certain amount of exclusive profit.

Posts 3695
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 25 2009 6:57 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:

Cool Yes This is awesome news! My poor book budget though!!!

Would this help --

?

Image is from Amazon.com.  I used the ISBN to find the listing.

Blessings,

Floyd 

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 25 2009 7:02 AM

Floyd Johnson:

image is from Amazon.

Blessings,

Floyd 

Now, it looks more and more promisingSmile Maybe I will have Tyndale series also. Good. Now we will see how much Prepub in Logos will be.

Bohuslav

Posts 3695
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 25 2009 7:05 AM

Bohuslav Wojnar:
Now, it looks more and more promisingSmile Maybe I will have Tyndale series also. Good. Now we will see how much Prepub in Logos will be.

I was afraid I had offended you with the original posting.Smile  Thanks for changing the comment.

Floyd

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 9
BryanP | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2009 3:07 PM

The Mac version is not using Libronix, it uses Accordance.

Posts 390
Alain Maashe | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2009 3:35 PM

BryanP:

I am pretty sure that Libronix for mac will be able to read the resource just like it is doing for most of the resources published for windows

Alain

Posts 390
Alain Maashe | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2009 3:42 PM

I have come to appreciate TOTC/TNTC for "quick and to the point" reference, the high number of useful volumes in the series justified getting the whole set 

If I go to ETS this year and if IVP has it for 50% off (the November release date shows that they are targeting ETS and SBL), the deal will be even sweeter

Alain

Posts 10739
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 28 2009 6:52 AM

Alain Maashe:

BryanP:

I am pretty sure that Libronix for mac will be able to read the resource just like it is doing for most of the resources published for windows

Alain

You are correct Alain. If you want to use the Logos version of this software on the Mac, you must purchse the Windows version from IVP,

Jack

Page 1 of 4 (66 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS