Tyndale OT and NT Commentaries

Page 2 of 4 (66 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 65 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 9
BryanP | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 28 2009 11:38 AM

JackCaviness:

Alain Maashe:

BryanP:

The Mac version is not using Libronix, it uses Accordance.

I am pretty sure that Libronix for mac will be able to read the resource just like it is doing for most of the resources published for windows

Alain

You are correct Alain. If you want to use the Logos version of this software on the Mac, you must purchse the Windows version from IVP,

Jack

Just to avoid potential confusion down the road you will also need the mac engine either as a standalone or in a base collection.

Posts 50
Ron Newberry | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 29 2009 8:16 PM

give the isbn, can't find that screen on amazon

Posts 390
Alain Maashe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 29 2009 8:24 PM

Ron Newberry:

give the isbn, can't find that screen on amazon

There you go!

ISBN: 978-0-8308-4279-7

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 30 2009 4:49 PM

Have you noticed Amazon shows a photo of the CD-Rom while the item description says the format is Hardcover?  I am sure it is CD since the hardcopy versions have been out a long time.  (It better be!)

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 3695
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 30 2009 5:06 PM

Matthew C Jones:
Have you noticed Amazon shows a photo of the CD-Rom while the item description says the format is Hardcover?  I am sure it is CD since the hardcopy versions have been out a long time.  (It better be!)

Which was one of the reasons I created the image - in case they change the order at the last minute, I can at least get my money back. (I HOPE)

Blessings,

Floyd

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 30 2009 7:11 PM

Matthew C Jones:

If you ordered the one that says Hardcover, then you ordered the wrong one (the Mac Accordance version). 

The Logos version says it's a Audio CD in the title and details, and has this in the publisher field: "IVP Academic; Cdr edition (November 30, 2009)"

See here:

http://www.amazon.com/Tyndale-Commentaries-Leon-L-Morris/dp/0830842799

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 30 2009 9:21 PM

Todd Phillips:

Matthew C Jones:

If you ordered the one that says Hardcover, then you ordered the wrong one (the Mac Accordance version). 

The Logos version says it's a Audio CD in the title and details, and has this in the publisher field: "IVP Academic; Cdr edition (November 30, 2009)"

See here:

http://www.amazon.com/Tyndale-Commentaries-Leon-L-Morris/dp/0830842799

Todd,           Thanks for the "heads up." I was so sure it said "Hardcover" when I ordered it.  I just double-checked my pre-order and it says "Audio CD" and shows the Libronix logo on the packaging.  It is good you mentioned that for everybody. Thanks.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2009 7:44 PM

I would still hope to see Logos put it even lower on the Pre-Pub page.   How about it? DrinksDrinksDrinks

(What other post could I use martini glasses emoticons on?)

Posts 1931
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2009 4:18 AM

Matthew C Jones:
I would still hope to see Logos put it even lower on the Pre-Pub page.   How about it?

Aren't things like the Galaxy Theological Journals and the Essential IVP Reference collection manufactured outside of Logos, therefore they do not show up on prepubs? If this is the case, then we may not see TOTC and TONT on prepub.

Posts 2764
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2009 4:28 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:

Matthew C Jones:
I would still hope to see Logos put it even lower on the Pre-Pub page.   How about it?

Aren't things like the Galaxy Theological Journals and the Essential IVP Reference collection manufactured outside of Logos, therefore they do not show up on prepubs? If this is the case, then we may not see TOTC and TONT on prepub.

John frame collection & Hank Hanegraaff collection are third party product but they have showed up in Pre-pub. From what i have gathered this will appear in Pe-pub.

Sir T.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 3229
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2009 11:23 AM

I would suggest other distributors of Libronix products- but they have already deleted my earlier post- shop the web or don't shop it.

just wait its comnig, there it is moving in the fog, see it! there, over there.... oh sorry it was just the silence from Logos.

The cherry kool-aid is best Surprise

Posts 3695
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2009 12:07 PM

Whyndell Grizzard:
but they have already deleted my earlier post

You are saying that Logos deleted your on-topic post?  I don't think that ever happened in the newsgroups.  I feel like it is Google all over again. Sad

Floyd

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 390
Alain Maashe | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2009 12:20 PM

A Note as to why the posts where deleted would be nice

it is not like someone was advertising a product by a competitor or was having an off-topic discussion. The links for Amazon and IVP are still standing, so it is not a matter of not referencing any of the distributors of Logos products.

if there is a rule about not mentioning specific websites, it would be nice to know

Alain

Posts 3229
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2009 3:10 PM

Yes- the explanation was it referred to a competitors offering a prepub of one of their products namely the Tyndale series.

I understand they feelings- but hey they have had plenty of time to post their own prepub.

If they are unhappy with my mentioning it they are more than welcome to write me a check for what i have spent on Logos/ Libronix material and I will return their product.

There is way to much hogwash when it comes to certain issues on the newsgroup or forums- get a grip.

This why I refrain from even getting involved with either venue of conversation, to much censorship, and kool-aid drinking on the part of some.

Posts 3229
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2009 3:14 PM

here is the actual email nitification to me, or the contents anyway:

Your post was deleted by dan@logos.com.

Subject: Re: Tyndale OT and NT Commentaries

Reason: Deleted advertisement for the competition.

Thank you,
Logos Bible Software Forums team

Posts 129
John McComb | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2009 3:33 PM

Whyndell Grizzard:

Thank you,

Are you serious? That's a tad autocratic, isn't it?

Yours in Christ

John

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2009 4:00 PM

John McComb:

Whyndell Grizzard:

Thank you,

Are you serious? That's a tad autocratic, isn't it?

Yours in Christ

John

Remember, it's their sandbox we're playing in.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2009 8:01 PM

Well, if we're going to have to tolerate the Dans of Logos.com, I think that pretty much makes up my mind about the forums and the current direction of Logos itself.  Having spent 10's of thousands of dollars in the past, with over $12,000 yet to come in prepub materials, I think I'll reassess my commitment to Libronix and Logos.  I was going to wait until Logos got around to offering the Tyndale series but since they are either unable or unwilling to make it available (gee - do you suppose this might have led to the 'advertising for the competition charge???) I'm going ahead with the Rejoice offer - certainly I can't see Logos improving much on it.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 3695
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2009 8:09 PM

George Somsel:
Remember, it's their sandbox we're playing in.

Yep - I guess they can make the rules.  But they seem to change the rules without ever posting any rules on a whim.  With all the spam we saw on the newsgroups, with all the postings about alternate sources, no attempt was made to censur us; I guess I am bothered that they are trying to do so now.

On the other hand, other than the one post specifically mentioned above, I seem to be seeing posts about competitor's products - for example, I can still see my post about Amazon's offering and I see at least one note about the resources available from Rejoice.  Could the competitors product have been a non-Logos/Libronix product?

Just some thoughts.

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 33
Andrew Nugteren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2009 8:11 PM

I also had an earlier post deleted, but no notification that it had been.  All I had posted that Rejoice had it for cheaper than Amazon.  I'm very non-impressed.  I thought this was a forum for us as users to discuss LLS software and products.  In fact, the FAQ says: "The purpose of these forums is to discuss Logos Bible Software".

If the stated purpose of the forums is to discuss Logos Bible Software, then surely a reference to someone who sells products that integrate with Logos Bible Software is on topic.

Page 2 of 4 (66 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS