Can't access Rahlfs' Septuagint w/ Morphology in Word Study guide

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 81
Kevin Wang | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 10 2017 7:40 AM

I recently purchased the Rahlf's LXX w/ Logos Morphology (https://www.logos.com/product/7080/septuagint-with-logos-morphology) and when I run a Greek word study, only my previously purchased LXX Swete is available for LXX searches. Is this designed or do you suppose this to be a bug? Thanks!

Posts 9406
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 9:17 AM

Kevin, you should see an option for Logos LXX. That is the Rahlf's volume you purchased.

Indexing has to be completed for the resource to show up in your Word Study panel. Has that been done?

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8985
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 10:49 AM

Mark Smith:

Kevin, you should see an option for Logos LXX. That is the Rahlf's volume you purchased.

Indexing has to be completed for the resource to show up in your Word Study panel. Has that been done?

Indexing is unrelated to this issue. For the "Septuagint Translation" section to work, you need the "RVI:LXXHEB" Septuagint/Hebrew reverse interlinear, as well as the Logos LXX Bible. (I'm not able to quickly determine from logos.com which packages this resource comes in right now.)

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 11:32 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
Indexing is unrelated to this issue. For the "Septuagint Translation" section to work, you need the "RVI:LXXHEB" Septuagint/Hebrew reverse interlinear, as well as the Logos LXX Bible. (I'm not able to quickly determine from logos.com which packages this resource comes in right now.)

Noticed https://www.logos.com/product/7080/septuagint-with-logos-morphology in included in many Base Packages. For example, Baptist Platinum includes Reverse Interlinear => https://www.logos.com/product/81167/baptist-platinum while Gold (Deutsch) does not. Also not in any feature set.

Edit: Embarrassed does not have Greek-Hebrew Reverse Interlinear.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9406
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 11:48 AM

Mark Smith:

You have completely mystified me, Bradley, so please help. The Rahlf's LXX with Logos morphology is a full-blown reverse interlinear, isn't it? Why won't that work?

BTW: the only LXX-HEB reverse interlinear I can find on the Logos web site is the Swete LXX, and Kevin has that according to his screen shot.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9406
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 11:50 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Noticed https://www.logos.com/product/7080/septuagint-with-logos-morphology in included in many Base Packages. For example, Baptist Platinum includes Reverse Interlinear => https://www.logos.com/product/81167/baptist-platinum while Gold (Deutsch) does not. Also not in any feature set.

Keep Smiling Smile

That is exactly the resource that Kevin (the OP) says he bought and can't get to work. Bradley seems to be pointing to another resource.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9406
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 11:56 AM

Kevin, if you open Rahlf's and click on the information icon (circle with letter i inside), at the bottom of the panel that opens do you see this:

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 81
Kevin Wang | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 1:33 PM

Mark, there's only the top half:

LLS:LOGOSLXX

2017-01-31T20:47:42Z

LOGOSLXX.logos4

The 2nd half (RVI) is not there, which is strange because the package that I bought Rahlfs with says it includes the interlinear (Logos 7 Languages)

Posts 26233
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 2:22 PM

Kevin Wang:
The 2nd half (RVI) is not there, which is strange because the package that I bought Rahlfs with says it includes the interlinear (Logos 7 Languages)

Different products!  They are Greek-English Interlinears when you want the Greek-Hebrew reverse interlinear for Logos LXX (Rahlf); the Feature sets only offer one for Swete's LXX.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 81
Kevin Wang | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 2:24 PM

Dave, do you know how I can get the Greek-Hebrew reverse interlinear you mentioned? I've tried searching for it but am not finding anything. Thanks!

Posts 9406
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 2:27 PM

Kevin Wang:

There's a difference between an interlinear and a reverse interlinear. What you are missing is the reverse interlinear. So far Bradley hasn't pointed you to where you could find and buy it. It's been too long ago for me to recall how I got this resource and the accompanying reverse interlinear. Sorry I can't be of more help. I don't know if a call to sales would help but you could give it a try.

BTW: if you check your version of Swete it should give you this:

The second resource is the reverse interlinear.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 26233
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 2:32 PM

Kevin Wang:
I've tried searching for it but am not finding anything.

Like Bradley and myself! I must have got it from an older base package or crossgrade.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 81
Kevin Wang | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 2:33 PM

Bradley, could you help me find where I can purchase this resource? Thanks!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 3:22 PM

Kevin Wang:

Dave, do you know how I can get the Greek-Hebrew reverse interlinear you mentioned? I've tried searching for it but am not finding anything. Thanks!

+1 not finding Greek-Hebrew Reverse Interlinear for Rahlfs Septuagint (so also have license from an older purchase).

Puzzled about 2009 "The Greek-Hebrew Reverse Interlinear" by Lexham Press (RVI:LXXHEB) addition to "Septuaginta: With morphology. (1979). (electronic ed.). Stuttgart: Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft." no longer being available.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 4:37 PM

I checked Mark Barnes' excellent Logos Base Packages spreadsheet for a clue as to which packages included Rahlfs' Reverse Interlinear.

According to that document, it was only previously bundled with several L5 and L6 packages:

• L5 Platinum
  • L5 Baptist Platinum
  • L6 Baptist Platinum
  • L6 Lutheran Silver
  • L6 Reformed Diamond

It's strange that it still wouldn't be for sale, or bundled with the interlinear resource. Perhaps someone from FL could determine why it's not currently offered.

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 81
Kevin Wang | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 20 2017 5:05 PM

Anyone else have an idea as to how we can get Rahlf's LXX in our Word Studies? Logos guys, is there a reason why it's not available for us right now? 

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS