No NEW Journals - why not?

Page 35 of 38 (760 items) « First ... < Previous 33 34 35 36 37 Next > ... Last »
This post has 759 Replies | 26 Followers

Posts 301
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 9 2019 12:29 AM

Glad some journals are finally being released! Thank you!

Posts 1963
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 9 2019 5:35 AM

Graham Criddle:

Mark:

So I checked what is new to me and learned that ALL the journals that are NEW to me are not yet available.  So from what I can see, you are going to have us pay for this upgrade and in return we get to wait until they are produced?  I am not sure what feelings I have right now.

For those who haven’t seen Phil’s reply to Mark’s question in another thread please see https://community.logos.com/forums/p/179672/1038659.aspx#1038659 

Yes, Phil responded to this and apparently the problem is the website.  According to Phil, the 49 new Journals will be released on March 22

Posts 203
David J. Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 9 2019 7:42 AM

I take it from Phil's response that the web page had used a "live" product template so that the "not yet available" status reflects the current status not the status expected on the March 22 release date, by which time all new journals are expected to be ready and released to us..

Posts 1963
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 9 2019 5:53 PM

I understand Phil's response to mean that all 49 new journals will be available on March 22

Posts 187
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 24 2019 8:14 PM

So now that Galaxie is finally addressed and a much anticipated update on April 15th in Logos 8.4 will then fix any remaining issues, I believe Phil did say the other journal bundles would start following suit! I presume once those finally get underway, what is the new plan going forward as most of these bundles are already out of date due to being stuck in pre-pub limbo?

Were we not "stuck" due to the previous bundles shipping and yet it was not financially viable to continue when there was such an ill response and a new crowd-sourced plan for tagging was to be in some sort of pre-experimental brainstorming/planning phases? 

We seem to be in some sort of spiral where defeat on one-side leads to defeat on the other and nothing has emerged as concrete offering hope for a way forward.  FL's failures and the community's failures have fed off each other until now.  If we are in this together and each are dependent of the success of the other, then where do we now stand? Or is it more waiting until such brainstorming has gotten to a place where it can be finally shared?

May we know what to expect next?

I do think more people would be on board if we had a clearer picture of the way forward and could feel comfortable investing or perhaps not. Each to his/her own own I suppose. The previous attempts have seriously endangered this process as much was discussed and much went adrift by either party. Now that action is happening, can someone let us know where we are finally headed or are we back to the drawing board and the jury is still out here? 

Do tell. Or is this more of time will tell?

Posts 1963
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 25 2019 6:31 AM

I am thankful for anything that gets addressed but I have given up on expectations in regards to journals in FL.

Posts 3323
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2019 12:14 PM

Just out of curiosity, I noticed that volume 5 wasn't included in the Galaxie bundle.  Any reason why?  It seems volumes 1-4 were.  Thx

https://www.logos.com/product/160094/journal-of-discipleship-and-family-ministry-volume-5-issue-1-the-gospel-sexuality-and-the-future-of-marriage

https://www.logos.com/product/44101/journal-of-discipleship-and-family-ministry

Disregard I went to the Galaxie site and it seems they stopped at volume 4... sorry!

Posts 1943
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2019 5:26 PM

I’d also like to know now that the Galaxie Journal Bundle has been processed, has our dynamic pricing been adjusted for the Master Journal Bundle 4.1? I doesn't look like it has for me.

Nathan Parker

Posts 187
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2019 5:46 PM

Nathan Parker:

I’d also like to know now that the Galaxie Journal Bundle has been processed, has our dynamic pricing been adjusted for the Master Journal Bundle 4.1? I doesn't look like it has for me.

Once I purchased the Galaxie bundle, my Master bundle decreased by a few bucks, but I mainly had apparently already most of the items from previous Master Bundles that I was unaffected. But I didn't pay what some are saying here for Galaxie either.

Posts 187
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2019 5:46 PM

Nathan Parker:

Once I purchased the Galaxie bundle, my Master bundle decreased by a few bucks, but I mainly had apparently already most of the items from previous Master Bundles that I was unaffected. But I didn't pay what some are saying here for Galaxie either.

Posts 10329
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2019 6:59 PM

Theo:

I do think more people would be on board if we had a clearer picture of the way forward and could feel comfortable investing or perhaps not. Each to his/her own own I suppose. The previous attempts have seriously endangered this process as much was discussed and much went adrift by either party. Now that action is happening, can someone let us know where we are finally headed or are we back to the drawing board and the jury is still out here? 

Agree. I'm in the smaller (?) group that wants journals but they don't have to be absolutely recent (not taking away from the need-latest group).

Journals are one of the best search sources for the unusual question, the special argument, the location with the changed name, etc. If journals are pretty much going to be the theological group, that's fine. Call it a day.

But my impression is Logos is moving to the popular, easy to publish market. Journals are the last hope for specialized subjects.  Today, we learn (or maybe just me learning), the prepubs will be few and the question marks, pre-orders sure things. Change is in the offing.

Posts 3323
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2019 7:12 PM

Another thing I noticed today is the Bible and Spade collection stops at 2011 in Logos but goes to 2016 in galaxie.  I'm hoping these get updated in the future :)

https://www.logos.com/product/43468/bible-and-spade-magazine 

https://www.galaxie.com/journals/28 

Posts 204
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2019 8:18 PM

Denise.

My mind works in strange ways.

I read your line 

Denise:
Change is in the offing.
and the very next thing I thought was..."What? my change is in the offering?"

That is my coins are in the plate....bad I know Crying

To keep it semi on topic.... my cost for the Master Journal Bundle 4.1 after the  Galaxie Journal Bundle purchase did drop just a few dollars.

Also I don't worry about not having the most up-to-date journals to read. There is enough in these bundles to keep me busy for a very long time.

Posts 3323
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 21 2019 6:18 AM

Mattillo:

Another thing I noticed today is the Bible and Spade collection stops at 2011 in Logos but goes to 2016 in galaxie.  I'm hoping these get updated in the future :)

Any updates on the 4.1 upgrade bundles?  Maybe this is pushing too hard but any updates on getting Galaxie updated as well?

Posts 187
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 1 2019 9:45 PM

I just discovered this FREE online journal.

How hard would this be to pursue Phil?

https://place.asburyseminary.edu/faithandphilosophy/

Posts 187
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 9 2019 2:46 AM

Okay I tried to search this but came up shooting blanks although it probably was mentioned earlier in this thread.

What is the status for journals like:

Journal for the Study of the New Testament 

or

JBL pre #100 or post #125?

Posts 3323
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 25 2019 8:03 AM

Mattillo:

Mattillo:

Any updates on the 4.1 upgrade bundles?  Maybe this is pushing too hard but any updates on getting Galaxie updated as well?

Bump

Posts 1839
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 25 2019 8:59 AM

4.1 bundles are likely to ship late summer / early fall.

Galaxie updates will generally ship in November before ETS/SBL. That's what we're aiming for, assuming everything comes in on time.

Posts 3323
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 25 2019 9:52 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Galaxie updates will generally ship in November before ETS/SBL. That's what we're aiming for, assuming everything comes in on time.

Thank you Phil!  When these do eventually ship, will they be the most updated they can be or are they locked in with what they state at the moment?

I was curious if Detroit Baptist might get updated as well

Posts 9017
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 25 2019 3:56 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

I'm pleased to hear the plan. Thanks for letting us know.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 35 of 38 (760 items) « First ... < Previous 33 34 35 36 37 Next > ... Last » | RSS