No NEW Journals - why not?

Page 12 of 14 (273 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next >
This post has 272 Replies | 12 Followers

Posts 4399
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 3 2017 5:02 PM

Something just occurred to me...

If access to VT, NT, HTR, HUCA, CBQ, STJ, Interpretation, and other scholarly journals is just never going to happen in Logos, is it possible that FL could establish itself as an entity through which we can access these journals online through established channels?

Posts 107
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 4 2017 1:27 AM

David Paul:

If access to VT, NT, HTR, HUCA, CBQ, STJ, Interpretation, and other scholarly journals is just never going to happen in Logos, is it possible that FL could establish itself as an entity through which we can access these journals online through established channels?

Yes

Posts 1762
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 4 2017 2:08 PM

David Paul:

If it becomes too difficult for Faithlife/Logos to directly offer these in the platform on a regular basis, an option would be for Faithlife/Logos to add them as a section on the Passage Guide where the guide basically searches the online database of them similar to how it does with other online sources (SermonCentral, etc). You'd likely need to pay the publishers directly for access to the online databases (maybe through a subscription), but at least the results would be viewable from the Logos Passage Guide, and one-click takes you to the online database.

In the meantime, I keep Galaxie pinned to my Logos toolbar. While no different than a web browser bookmark, it at least reminds me to go search it after I've completed a journal search in Logos.

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com 

Posts 4399
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 6 2017 9:10 PM

What I'm specifically advocating is that Logos position itself so that customers can gain "institution" discounts for its customers, and also, as you said, create in-product links that put users "on spot" with the various journal publishers. To be even more specific, what I'm envisioning is that Logos would pay for the access rights, and we would pay Logos to join their "institution" and gain full access for ALL available journals. This should happen ASAP.

Posts 75
Ken Rutherford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 16 2017 6:42 AM

Mike Aubrey:

We're aiming at having new journal collections up before ETS this month. We confident that we can make that. Right now we're waiting on some information regarding production costs that we need before we can make post the collections.

The plan for 2018 is to operate on a serialize schedule. We'll have quarterly releases that will parallel the publication schedules for the titles themselves. We're still working hard on the details for that. I should be able to give a more detailed answer for 2018 and forward soon.

ETS is going on right now. Have I missed your updates?

I checked here, but nothing yet:

https://www.logos.com/product/4624/journal-of-the-evangelical-theological-society

I own Master's bundle. Where should I look for the dynamic pricing on the upgrade exactly?

Also any updates on 2018 release programs? I was not certain what you meant above by "soon"?

Posts 75
Ken Rutherford | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 20 2017 6:05 AM

How does one get NTS articles?

Posts 18430
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 21 2017 1:56 PM

Thanks Ben - and all who have worked on this.

Graham

Posts 284
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 21 2017 2:03 PM

Definitely "Thank you and all others"! Order placed!

Posts 1519
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 21 2017 2:26 PM

Thank you Ben.  Order placed.  Two follow up questions:

1.  What is the time frame of when you expect these bundles to go into production?

2.  Will you announce a time frame of when future upgrades can be expected

Posts 1745
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 21 2017 2:26 PM

Thank you Ben! Now that this is fixed, please consider making smaller journal bundles for those of us not yet in the market. I'd love to see a create your own journal package one day :)

Posts 692
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 21 2017 2:48 PM

Graham Criddle:

Thanks Ben - and all who have worked on this.

Graham

You're welcome! To be honest, though, I can take very little credit for this. Kristina, Phil, Josh, Mike, and Anna are the true heroes! They've been working overtime to get this put together and up on the site.

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 75
Ken Rutherford | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 21 2017 3:24 PM

Thanks! Is JETS a part of this package? I don't see it listed for some reason. What is it's exact status? How/where does one get NTS?

Posts 1384
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 21 2017 4:30 PM

Ken Rutherford:
Is JETS a part of this package? I don't see it listed for some reason. What is it's exact status?

Not yet. We used to sell vols. 9–50 separately. We're working to get a license for the latest volumes that would allow us to add it to our bundles.

Ken Rutherford:
How/where does one get NTS?

We don't offer it yet. It's on our list to get.

I don't have an ETA for either, unfortunately.

Edit: Updated to reflect that we no longer sell JETS standalone.

Posts 1745
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 21 2017 4:33 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Ken Rutherford:
Is JETS a part of this package? I don't see it listed for some reason. What is it's exact status?

Not yet. We have vols. 9–50 available for sale separately. We're working to get a license for the latest volumes that would allow us to add it to our bundles.

Ken Rutherford:
How/where does one get NTS?

We don't offer it yet. It's on our list to get.

I don't have an ETA for either, unfortunately.

I am unable to buy JETS

Posts 2660
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 21 2017 5:13 PM

Is the Master Bundle a superset of the other three? How do the 4 bundles relate to each other? Thanks!!

Posts 75
Ken Rutherford | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 21 2017 5:42 PM

I have repeatedly tried to buy this. I have asked sales many times and they could not help me. It's been mentioned numerous times here in this thread it's not available. I'll keep trying, but that link is not opening for me. Above I have given a link showing that this resource is no longer available. Can you help?

Posts 75
Ken Rutherford | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 21 2017 5:43 PM

I have tried. Link says not available????

Posts 1568
Gao Lu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 21 2017 5:56 PM

Good job Faithlife!  Thanks so much.  Bought!  Now, just pacing the floor waiting for the delivery.

Posts 650
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 21 2017 6:45 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Ken Rutherford:

Not yet. We have vols. 9–50 available for sale separately. We're working to get a license for the latest volumes that would allow us to add it to our bundles.

The link you provided says that JETS is not available for purchase.

Page 12 of 14 (273 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.