No NEW Journals - why not?

Page 13 of 37 (736 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last »
This post has 735 Replies | 25 Followers

Posts 1828
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 21 2017 8:53 PM

Don Awalt:

Is the Master Bundle a superset of the other three? How do the 4 bundles relate to each other? Thanks!!

The Master Journal Bundle (MJB) includes everything in the other three, plus 13 other journals not included in any of the three.

1. Adventist Today Journal, vols. 1–23 (1993–2015)
  2. Christian History Magazine, issues 1-123 (1982-2017)
  3. Christianity Magazine, vols. 1-16 (1984-1999)
  4. First Things, vols. 1–278 (1990-2017)
  5. Imaginatio et Ratio: A Journal of Theology and the Arts, vols. 1-4 (2012-2015)
  6. Journal of Markets and Morality, vols. 1–18.1 (1998–2015)
  7. Letter and Spirit, vols. 1–11 (2005–2016)
  8. Mutuality Magazine, vols. 7–24 (2000–2017)
  9. Religious and Theological Abstracts, 65 vols. (1948–2012)
  10. Sehnsucht, vols. 1-9 (2007–2015)
  11. The Journal of Biblical Counseling, vols. 1-30 (1977-2016)
  12. The Journal of Modern Ministry, vols. 1–9 (2004–2012)
  13. The Other Journal: An Intersection of Theology and Culture, vols. 18-23 (2011–2014)

The Theology Journal Bundle (TJB) includes everything in the TJL Upgrade Bundle (TJLUB). It includes 32 journals not the the TJLUB.

The Academic Journal Bundle (AJB) has a little bit of overlap with the the Theology Journal Bundle (American Theological Inquiry, Bulletin for Biblical Research, and Tyndale Bulletin) and the TJL Upgrade Bundle (Bulletin for Biblical Research and Tyndale Bulletin), but it's largely a different set of journals.

Here's a comparison chart with the differences.

Because each of these has dynamic pricing enabled, you don't have to worry about pay for overlap with what you already own or overlap between the any of the new bundles.

Posts 1828
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 21 2017 9:03 PM

Mattillo:
I am unable to buy JETS

Ken Rutherford:

I have repeatedly tried to buy this. I have asked sales many times and they could not help me. It's been mentioned numerous times here in this thread it's not available. I'll keep trying, but that link is not opening for me. Above I have given a link showing that this resource is no longer available. Can you help?

Ken Rutherford:

I have tried. Link says not available????

JH:
The link you provided says that JETS is not available for purchase.

I'm sorry, folks. That was my mistake. I was moving too quickly. We sell older collections of almost all of the journals that we used to have from Galaxie, with the exception of JETS and Sothereastern Theological Review. We're looking into that.

1. Bible and Spade (First Run)
  2. Bible and Spade (Second Run)
  3. Central Bible Quarterly
  4. Christian Apologetics Journal
  5. Emmaus Journal
  6. Faith and Mission
  7. Global Journal of Classical Theology
  8. Grace Journal
  9. Grace Theological Journal
  10. Journal of Christian Apologetics
  11. Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society
  12. Masters Seminary Journal
  13. Michigan Theological Journal
  14. Reformation and Revival
  15. Reformed Baptist Theological Review
  16. Review and Expositor
  17. Southeastern Theological Review
  18. Trinity Journal
Posts 1828
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 21 2017 9:32 PM

Mattillo:

please consider making smaller journal bundles for those of us not yet in the market.

Any recommendations on what you'd like to see? How would you suggest we group them?

Posts 1828
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 21 2017 9:38 PM

Mark:
What is the time frame of when you expect these bundles to go into production?

We plan to put them into production very soon. We're likely going to treat these products as pre-orders (where we don't wait for 100% funding) rather than Pre-Pubs (where we do).

We don't yet know how long they will take to produce, but I'm guessing we should be able to ship them around three months after putting them into production (give or take a month).

Mark:
Will you announce a time frame of when future upgrades can be expected

We still think that we can do quarterly updates. I imagine that we'll post 4.1 shortly after we ship 3.1, followed by 4.2 after 4.1 ships, and so forth.

Posts 17968
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 21 2017 10:46 PM

DAL:
Not always ideal, but there are resources Logos has not been able to secure contracts with some publishers to bring their resources over to Logos (BAR, CARTA, etc.).

Dreaming of BAR update for use in Faithlife applications and apps (desire one awesome digital library).

FYI: placed BAR printed catalog in recycle bin since only interested in their digital resources that can be used in Logos and Verbum. Noted BAR offers their journal archive with Firefox user interface for reading and searching.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 494
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 21 2017 11:47 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
We're working to get a license for the latest volumes that would allow us to add it to our bundles.

Speaking of getting licenses...  Any hope for these?

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 22 2017 5:00 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Mattillo:

please consider making smaller journal bundles for those of us not yet in the market.

Any recommendations on what you'd like to see? How would you suggest we group them?

The Bible Today would be great!

Posts 2332
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 22 2017 6:39 AM

Phil - can I ask what's up with Biblical Archaeology Review.

Faithlife used to carry it, but it has been several years.  The issues I do have are also not available on my mobile devices.  Is there any chance of this changing soon?

Thanks.

Posts 948
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 22 2017 7:58 AM

Don Awalt:

The Bible Today would be great!

Yes

Also, good to see you back on the forums periodically, Don.  :)

Posts 4763
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 22 2017 8:44 AM

Returning to the theme of journals I encounter in Logos constantly but which have no links, we really need the earlier volumes of JBL. I find references to the 40s thru the 80s all the time. Sure would be nice to have something to click on. Pretty please and thank you.

Posts 3238
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 22 2017 10:27 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Mattillo:

Thank you for asking for my suggestion Mr Gons but here I must tread lightly as I'm not all that familiar with journals.  I only own Themelios and BibSac when it comes to journals but I do enjoy browsing through them for expanded discussion on topics.  My only issue is all these great bundles contain so much that they are actually quite expensive for me. The cheapest one I saw was for just over $300 so my only suggestion is (if possible) to make smaller bundles as well or maybe offer a create your own bundle where one might pick 5 or so journals and get a discounted price.  As for how that would happen I don't know but I know my next few lookings will be Southern Seminary, MSJ, Bulletin of Bib Research, and the Apologetics Journal.  I'd also like to get the new BibSac issues but unfortunately I need to buy a bundle to update that.  Anyone else have any ideas or am I out on a limb?

Posts 20
Lloyd Pietersen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 24 2017 5:10 AM

Hi, Phil, as a retired biblical scholar I am fortunate to still have honorary research fellow status at my institution so have online access to all the academic journals I need. But I realise that this is not the case for many of your users who would love to access journal articles referenced in commentaries, monographs, etc. Whilst I suspect it will prove impossible to obtain licences to incorporate many of these into the Logos platform I do wonder whether, as has already been mentioned, Faithlife could pursue having academic institutional status so that, for a subscription, users could have access to the appropriate academic portals where Faithlife becomes a named institution allowing access to CBQ, JBL (all volumes), JSNT, JSOT, NTS, etc.?  

Posts 8948
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 24 2017 12:32 PM

Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife):
At long last, here are new journal bundles:

Thanks Ben. I just pre-ordered the Master Journal Bundle 3.1.

Looking forward to it getting into production soon.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8948
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 24 2017 12:34 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Dreaming of BAR update for use in Faithlife applications and apps

I join you in such a dream! Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 250
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 25 2017 8:47 PM

Journal of Theological Studies 2013???

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 29 2017 1:22 PM

Thanks! Pre-ordered.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 250
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 30 2017 6:23 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Mattillo:

NTS????????

Posts 250
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 30 2017 6:36 AM

Also, especially with journals, but often I find there are so many citations not hyperlinked in the resources I do already own and it makes it rather hard to then manually determine which resources are actually in Logos and if they are then hard to find actual the citation. If footnotes are not used, then even more so when in line references are made. This really makes the Logos experience rather unappealing. 

Why are so many not hyperlinked in many resources I own? I spent a decent amount of time using the report typo option to alert FL of this, but I feel like it doesn't do much as there is not much feedback ever happening. That takes a lot of effort to report them. I guess they have someone checking these out when they have free time every once in a while. It seems to me this would be a full time job for a team to do. I guess it is a case of finances and ability to have personnel tasked to which priorities. 

Another thing along these lines is owning a future edition of an older resource often cited. Then most likely it is not even on same page as previous edition.  That is more "nature of the beast" sort of thing, I suppose.

Posts 3238
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 30 2017 6:55 AM

I was told that the typos reported aren't looked at until a certain number are received for a certain resource. What that magical quota is I don't know. But it defeats the purpose of you ask me

Posts 250
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 30 2017 3:52 PM

Newer volumes of HTR??????

Page 13 of 37 (736 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS