No NEW Journals - why not?

Page 14 of 37 (736 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last »
This post has 735 Replies | 25 Followers

Posts 250
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 30 2017 3:56 PM

JESOT is still only up to 2015 in latest update and free online????? Why so slow?????

Master Bundle 3.1 only will have volume 4 when online is up to 5 2.

Posts 250
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 1:37 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
We plan to put them into production very soon. We're likely going to treat these products as pre-orders (where we don't wait for 100% funding) rather than Pre-Pubs (where we do).

Any updates on this, because I cannot tell if it is a pre-pub or pre-order. There seems to be no distinctions on our end when looking at it. All I can see is it is not yet reached 100% funding yet. Doesn't seem all that close either.

Maybe you are all on holiday and we have to wait until January to hear something solid? The thread has been silent lately. Just a guess! Please continue to enjoy your holidays! God Bless! Thanks for all you are able to do in the meantime. 

Posts 1829
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 9:27 AM

Ken Rutherford:

JESOT is still only up to 2015 in latest update and free online????? Why so slow?????

Master Bundle 3.1 only will have volume 4 when online is up to 5 2.

Ken, I'm not sure what the answer is on this one. We may not have files or a license. I'll check.

Posts 1829
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 9:28 AM

Ken Rutherford:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
We plan to put them into production very soon. We're likely going to treat these products as pre-orders (where we don't wait for 100% funding) rather than Pre-Pubs (where we do).

Any updates on this, because I cannot tell if it is a pre-pub or pre-order. There seems to be no distinctions on our end when looking at it. All I can see is it is not yet reached 100% funding yet. Doesn't seem all that close either.

Maybe you are all on holiday and we have to wait until January to hear something solid? The thread has been silent lately. Just a guess! Please continue to enjoy your holidays! God Bless! Thanks for all you are able to do in the meantime. 

We put these into production last week, but didn't update the statuses yet. We're doing that now to reflect that they are in development.

We don't have a ship date yet, but we'll let you know when we have a good estimate. I'm guessing/hoping for 2–3 months.

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 9:35 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

We put these into production last week, but didn't update the statuses yet. We're doing that now to reflect that they are in development.

We don't have a ship date yet, but we'll let you know when we have a good estimate. I'm guessing/hoping for 2–3 months.

This is very good news Phil! I hope that your timetable is accurate.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 250
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 7 2017 9:28 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Any recommendations on what you'd like to see?

Here's what's been left unanswered here that I can see in the most recent discussion:

How about an update on JETS? I understood this from previous comments from FL staff that this would be resolved BEFORE or during ETS 2017. Still no word. Everyone seems to be in agreement here, this is a priority. While most in FL remain silent on the issue, we know you are trying your best.

How about the following? Any points here to the current discussion in the thread?

NTS?????????????

HTR was not updated in 3.1 and only has older editions while many others are ironically the opposite and do not like JBL offer the older ones.

JSNT

Journal of Theological Studies

BAR

CBQ

David Paul:

Something just occurred to me...

If access to VT, NT, HTR, HUCA, CBQ, STJ, Interpretation, and other scholarly journals is just never going to happen in Logos, is it possible that FL could establish itself as an entity through which we can access these journals online through established channels?

Something better than the older models, and yet they at least gave access that we currently do not have at all???

OR

Is it possible for FL via Mobile Ed to offer accredited courses towards degrees and then get access to journals by offering subscriptions/plans/packages that gives access to both journals and courses as an accredited academic program, so no matter where one is in the world they can get access and accreditation in the post-modern technological age we are in?

Lloyd Pietersen:

Hi, Phil, as a retired biblical scholar I am fortunate to still have honorary research fellow status at my institution so have online access to all the academic journals I need. But I realise that this is not the case for many of your users who would love to access journal articles referenced in commentaries, monographs, etc. Whilst I suspect it will prove impossible to obtain licences to incorporate many of these into the Logos platform I do wonder whether, as has already been mentioned, Faithlife could pursue having academic institutional status so that, for a subscription, users could have access to the appropriate academic portals where Faithlife becomes a named institution allowing access to CBQ, JBL (all volumes), JSNT, JSOT, NTS, etc.?  

Posts 22
David Emme | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 8 2017 7:16 AM

True...but they are also making a lot of money.

Point is from a business perspective if you pay a lot-you expect a lot-and yes some of us has paid a lot.

Posts 250
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 8 2017 6:28 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Any recommendations on what you'd like to see?

Also:

http://journals.sagepub.com/

Posts 250
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 8 2017 6:29 PM

This includes Interpretation!

Posts 250
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 10 2017 5:02 PM

Journal for the Study of the Old Testament and the Journal for the Study of the New Testament.

Posts 250
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 10 2017 8:23 PM

Journal of Religion

Posts 250
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 10 2017 10:01 PM

https://www.logos.com/resources/LLS_SC_BSBA2603

Posts 297
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 10 2017 11:29 PM

Yes

Posts 250
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 16 2017 7:00 PM

Journal for the Study of Paul and His Letters

Posts 250
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 6:59 PM

Journal of Theological Studies

Posts 250
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 8:41 PM

Journal for the Study of Judaism in the Persian, Hellenistic, and Roman Period

Posts 250
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 8:51 PM

Dead Sea Discoveries

Posts 297
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 11:55 PM

Ken Rutherford:

Journal for the Study of Judaism in the Persian, Hellenistic, and Roman Period

Yes

Posts 297
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 11:55 PM

Ken Rutherford:

Dead Sea Discoveries

Yes

Page 14 of 37 (736 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last » | RSS