No NEW Journals - why not?

Page 15 of 36 (702 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last »
This post has 701 Replies | 24 Followers

Posts 1934
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 15 2018 6:07 AM

Ken Rutherford:
https://www.ibr-bbr.org/bulletin-biblical-research

This journal is already in LOGOS.

Posts 250
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 15 2018 6:18 AM

Yes as noted in my post some of these are available in Logos and I even own them while some are not and may possibly be available as they are free online. However, all are available to anyone without a Logos purchase regardless.

If Logos has some of those in the above list, why not consider the others? JESOT is also available in Logos; hence my post and my point.

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 15 2018 8:16 AM

Again, 6 weeks have passed with no more communication from Logos.  Many answers still go unresolved.  I just reupped my Galaxie subscription.  Another $50 I could have invested in Logos....

Posts 1810
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 15 2018 10:29 AM

The 3.1 journal bundles should ship in early March. We plan to post the 4.1 collections a week or two after that.

We continue to explore licensing opportunities. Nothing to report on that front at this time.

Anything else we can answer?

Posts 685
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 16 2018 12:15 AM

Very good news Phil - looking forward to both (3.1 and 4.1)

Shalom

Posts 8896
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 16 2018 3:33 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
The 3.1 journal bundles should ship in early March. We plan to post the 4.1 collections a week or two after that.

Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 250
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 16 2018 5:44 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

We continue to explore licensing opportunities. Nothing to report on that front at this time.

Thanks! Nice to hear!

Posts 250
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 16 2018 5:44 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Thanks! Nice to hear!

Posts 250
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 6:57 AM

Journal for the Study of Judaism????

Posts 3153
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 8:32 AM

Any news on JETS?

Posts 292
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 12:41 PM

Ken Rutherford:

Journal for the Study of Judaism????

Yes

Posts 3153
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 26 2018 7:58 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Phil any updates on the shipping of 3.1 journals or getting JETS back?

Posts 861
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 26 2018 8:59 AM

Mattillo:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Phil any updates on the shipping of 3.1 journals or getting JETS back?

We're coming close to the end of production. The current plan (and please don't take this as a 100% guarantee) is sometime in March. You should see a ship date up soon.

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 1915
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 26 2018 5:09 PM
I decided to cancel my Pre-Pub at the last minute. After additional careful examination of 3.1, I've decided to back out and stick with continuing to subscribe to Galaxie directly. 3.1 is already a little out-of-date on some of the journals I use most often, it doesn't contain some of the journals I use most often (such as JETS), and it contains some journals I'll likely never use. It'd cost me about $150 for the upgrade which overall isn't bad, but the more I look at the bundle, the more I'm deciding against it. I can pay into Galaxie for three years and be more up-to-date with the journals I really use than go with the 3.1 bundle. I've never been a huge fan of searching for journals with a web interface over having them integrated into Logos, but in my last major research paper, I decided to go to the Galaxie journals database first, then run the searches I need in Logos against Themelios. Surprisingly, I was able to find the journal articles I needed the most very easily in the Galaxie database, plus I had far more current access to journals than I did in Logos. Even when I search for journals in Logos, I tend to run my own custom searches using existing Logos search commands than using the Journals guide section in Logos or search on the Journal article field. I've always found far better search results running my own custom search commands than relying on the Journals guide section or search on the Journal article field (those "improvements" haven't been as much of a benefit to me as I had hoped they'd be). I hate to say this, but it simply took Logos too long to deliver a reasonable journal upgrade after 2.1, and even then, it's missing enough and has additional unnecessary fluff where I just can't reason to invest in it. Since I've already had to force myself to work in other journal databases to ensure I remained current with journal access, I'm not seeing where the luxury of having the journal upgrade in Logos would be worth the investment. For Mattillo, instead of holding your breath on JETS, you can subscribe to JETS directly for $30/year if you're not a student or $15/year if you are a student, or Galaxie is only $50/year for the entire TJL database. I have access to both of these, and I've adjusted enough to them where I can get to the journal articles I need without turning blue holding my breath to get these into Logos.

Nathan Parker

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 26 2018 7:37 PM

I see this entire thread as a reason to loose faith in Logos.  Marketed primarily to academians and pastor-scholars, I can't imagine why there is NOT  a firm release date and the most CURRENT issues, of ALL the journals in Logos.  Perhaps more money should be invested here vs FaithlifeTV and the like. 

Posts 1810
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 26 2018 8:19 PM

Mattillo:

Phil any updates on . . . getting JETS back?

It looks highly likely that we'll be getting JETS and the other Galaxie journals back in the near future. We're working out the final details and should have an announcement in the coming weeks. It's not finalized yet, but looks very promising.

Posts 2915
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 26 2018 9:10 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Mattillo:

It looks highly likely that we'll be getting JETS and the other Galaxie journals back in the near future. We're working out the final details and should have an announcement in the coming weeks.

YES YES YES YES YES YES

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 3153
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 27 2018 3:10 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Mattillo:

It looks highly likely that we'll be getting JETS and the other Galaxie journals back in the near future. We're working out the final details and should have an announcement in the coming weeks. It's not finalized yet, but looks very promising.

That is good news! I suppose jets won't make it into any of the 3.1 bundles though?

Posts 8896
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 27 2018 5:30 AM

Jacob Hantla:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Mattillo:

It looks highly likely that we'll be getting JETS and the other Galaxie journals back in the near future. We're working out the final details and should have an announcement in the coming weeks.

YES YES YES YES YES YES

YesYesYes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 301
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 27 2018 6:46 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Wonderful! 

Page 15 of 36 (702 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS