No NEW Journals - why not?

Page 23 of 39 (767 items) « First ... < Previous 21 22 23 24 25 Next > ... Last »
This post has 766 Replies | 26 Followers

Posts 337
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 10 2018 6:19 AM

Ken Rutherford:
I think the Original Post I responded to was in regards to people not doing that and following through.

Correct!

Posts 250
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 21 2018 8:17 PM

It seems to me that there has been no activity here at all or interests.  Is everything at a stand still because the new bundles are all just waiting to go through pre-pub now?  What happened to all the previous fervor?

Anyway, any updates on JBL?  Will it ever be updated?

Posts 4934
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 29 2018 1:04 AM

Jeremy Korodaj:

Also, you can no longer get journals like "Biblical Archaeology Review" (the archive 1975-2005)...there is one available right now at auction on eB**... however, but I don't think these are going to come back as BAS changed software partners.... ( e mail... j_korodaj at yahoo dawt com) 

Just picked one of these up. As I've mentioned before, I bought this direct from BAS in their final clearance, but the disk never arrived and I never got a refund. So I didn't like having to pay twice as much for the same BAR disk on ebay, but BAR is too often referenced to not have those resources in Logos. I have been wanting to get this for years and I'm glad I've got it now. Smile

Of course, I'm bummed that I can't use it in L3. Sad

Posts 63
Jeremy Korodaj | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2018 4:56 PM

I'm glad you were able to pick that up on eBay David....  seeing as it is not available anymore from Logos, nor from the Biblical Archaeology Society (BAS).  I do know that there is still one more CD of "Biblical Archaeology Review" (the archive 1975-2005) available on eBay … It's listed as Brand New AND the "last one a available" 

Posts 3991
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2018 6:24 PM

David Paul:

Jeremy Korodaj:

Also, you can no longer get journals like "Biblical Archaeology Review" (the archive 1975-2005)...there is one available right now at auction on eB**... however, but I don't think these are going to come back as BAS changed software partners.... ( e mail... j_korodaj at yahoo dawt com) 

Just picked one of these up. As I've mentioned before, I bought this direct from BAS in their final clearance, but the disk never arrived and I never got a refund. So I didn't like having to pay twice as much for the same BAR disk on ebay, but BAR is too often referenced to not have those resources in Logos. I have been wanting to get this for years and I'm glad I've got it now. Smile

Is this easy to unlock in logos if one was to bid and win? I haven't tried looking on eBay yet but I'd be concerned if won if logos would honor the code

Posts 2396
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2018 6:42 PM

I really wish Logos and BAS would work together again.  I'm not sure what the sticking point is, but I wish it could be fixed.

Posts 63
Jeremy Korodaj | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2018 6:52 PM

Mattillo:

Is this easy to unlock in logos if one was to bid and win? I haven't tried looking on eBay yet but I'd be concerned if won if logos would honor the code

Yes, if it's brand new they will honor it, only you can no longer open it in the old Libronix (Logos 3) version.  All you have to do is call them and read them the code to unlock it. 

Posts 3991
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 6 2018 12:51 PM

David Paul:

Jeremy Korodaj:

David Sir

Just curious how easy it was for you to unlock this in Logos... any issues?

Posts 18491
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 6 2018 3:17 PM

Jeremy Korodaj:

Mattillo:

Yes, if it's brand new they will honor it, only you can no longer open it in the old Libronix (Logos 3) version.  All you have to do is call them and read them the code to unlock it. 

Faithlife has web page for associating Libronix license with your Faithlife account => https://www.logos.com/redeem

Ronald Quick:

I really wish Logos and BAS would work together again.  I'm not sure what the sticking point is, but I wish it could be fixed.

+1 Yes dreaming for more BAS in Logos. Thankful for finding many BAS articles using Logos search.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9250
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 6 2018 5:26 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Ronald Quick:

+1 Yes dreaming for more BAS in Logos. Thankful for finding many BAS articles using Logos search.

Agreed! I continue to hope just like I continue to do for Carta resources. Smile

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 4934
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 12 2018 7:47 AM

Mattillo:

David Sir

Just curious how easy it was for you to unlock this in Logos... any issues?

Just took a phone call. Get one while you can.

Posts 4934
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 12 2018 7:55 AM

As a matter of fact, a friend of mine gave a presentation this past Sabbath and wanted to use a couple of pics from a past issue of BAR and I was able to send them to him, so it has already been useful. Hope the newer issues since 2005 eventually end up in Logos.

Posts 3991
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 13 2018 6:18 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Mattillo:
I'm just curious... Do you have an ETA on these? 1 month, 3 months, etc?

Beloved:
Can you give an estimate as to when the product will be ready for roll out?

The team tells me end of next week seems doable, but I'd add another week or two to your expectations so we can exceed them. :)

Do we have any updates on the Galaxie Journal bundle getting into Logos?  Also curious how the next round of journal upgrades is coming.  Thank you

Posts 3991
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 19 2018 9:13 AM

Mattillo:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Mattillo:

Beloved:

The team tells me end of next week seems doable, but I'd add another week or two to your expectations so we can exceed them. :)

Do we have any updates on the Galaxie Journal bundle getting into Logos?  Also curious how the next round of journal upgrades is coming.  Thank you

Any updates?

Posts 3991
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2018 7:23 AM

Mattillo:

Mattillo:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Mattillo:

Beloved:

Any updates?

Any updates on the Galaxie Theological Journal Library or the 4.1 Journal Upgrades?

Posts 250
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2018 9:17 AM

My best guess is this:

Unlike the "rare" event that occurred with the previous update where they simply graciously just pushed it through, FL has left it in its "normal" pre-pub system. Hence, due to a lack of people's enthusiasm despite much posting here previously in this thread the 2 updates are currently "stuck" in pre-pub until enough people back them.  Where's all the activity on this subject now that FL has responded in kind?

https://www.logos.com/product/154052/master-journal-bundle-41

https://www.logos.com/product/156048/galaxies-theological-journal-library-vols-1-20

Neither one is looking hopeful at the moment and despite the much heralded activity that used to drive this thread, FL probably has simply logically moved on to work on things folks actually back because people are not responding where they should by getting behind these projects that many were supposed to be interested in according to these links and the responses.

Possibly these are not what people were hoping for?

Anyone else have any better feedback or ideas?  This thread has virtually gone silence except for the "Any updates?" postings.  Is there a better way forward?

Posts 250
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2018 9:20 AM

To me, the short answer is:

FL has acted and is waiting for customers to back it.  Once they do, it will be worked on.  They offered a solution.  Few took interest. 

Maybe the point of this thread now would be to determine why?  Is there a reason for a lack of support?  If so, what can FL do better now that they have responded?

Posts 3991
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2018 10:49 AM

It was my understanding (though I could be wrong) that the prepub meter was just for show when it came to journals.  It wasn't so much an interest thing as it was a design.  I hope that is correct as it seemed like to me that the Galaxie thing was a for sure to come back regardless of interest, not to mention most of it is already in their systems

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2018 10:51 AM

Ken Rutherford:
Hence, due to a lack of people's enthusiasm despite much posting here previously in this thread the 2 updates are currently "stuck" in pre-pub until enough people back them.  Where's all the activity on this subject now that FL has responded in kind?

It's possible, at least for the master bundle, that the part-set orders (academic, etc.) mean there's more activity than it appears.

It's equally possible that with Logos 8 hopefully not a million miles away, the Faithlife team is having to focus on other things at the moment.

Posts 4934
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2018 11:17 AM

Another possibility is that people have just become jaded with the whole PrePub process. I know that to some extent that is true for me. I've had so many requests take forever or never even start the process. While I'm pretty sure that I've got my orders in on the journal bundles, I've gotten so used to buying dead tree items over the last year or so that I'm hardly paying any attention to what Logos is doing with PrePubs. Two years ago, I never would have believed I would say such a thing. Almost all of the 50+ books I've read in the last 1-2 years have been print on page. 

Plus, I've asked for Vetus Testamentum, Novum Testamentum, Hebrew Union College Annual, Interpretation, Harvard Theological Review, and a number of others for so long that I feel like I'm waiting for Godot. And it doesn't help much that about 2/3 to 3/4 of the journals in the Master Bundle and Galaxie bundle are things I almost NEVER encounter in the bibliographies of the books I read, either in or out of Logos.

Page 23 of 39 (767 items) « First ... < Previous 21 22 23 24 25 Next > ... Last » | RSS