Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 9 2017 7:58 PM

Kyle G. Anderson ????????

Posts 1058
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 9 2017 10:27 PM

PL:

Also, is the Vyrso brand being abandoned in general?  In the past there were Vyrso freebies, near-freebies, deals, and exciting new books (nonfictions) from publishers almost weekly.  The site seems more quiet in the last few months...

I saw some new freebies and some nice 99 cent books this week. It seems that B&H and Baker are still providing 99c titles. Cook was providing a lot of free books but they seem to be offering a lot of repeats recently. I guess they can only give away so many ;-)

Posts 2563
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 9 2017 11:06 PM

Pricing and providing free books is really in the hands of the publishers. We can't blame Vyrso for the decline.

Maybe some day there will be lots of free books again, once there's a new generation of readers for whom free books are an effective marketing strategy once again.

For my part, I no longer purchase more books from the same series or author after having received and read a free book (I did that in the past though).

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 121
DBR | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 9 2017 11:18 PM

PL:

Also, is the Vyrso brand being abandoned in general?  In the past there were Vyrso freebies, near-freebies, deals, and exciting new books (nonfictions) from publishers almost weekly.  The site seems more quiet in the last few months...

A couple of months ago, I would have agreed that Logos seems to have abandoned Vyrso, but the last month or so has been pretty good. They are pushing out new books almost daily, and there have even been pre-orders for brand new releases. I check Tim Challies Kindle deals daily and always try to see if the deal matches in Vyrso. Last year, the deals were sparse at best and even if they had the book in Vyrso it hardly ever was on sale. Now they are often on sale and I have picked up a lot of great books. Does it need more attention? Definitely, but someone is doing something behind the scenes. I would love to see a wishlist feature though.

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 10 2017 1:25 AM

Maybe someone realised the automatic book processor plug had come out from the wall, and it was plugged back in again a month or two ago hence why you percieve more activity recently.

But getting back on topic, I wonder if we will see that massive update soon. 

David Ruley:

PL:

A couple of months ago, I would have agreed that Logos seems to have abandoned Vyrso, but the last month or so has been pretty good. They are pushing out new books almost daily, and there have even been pre-orders for brand new releases. I check Tim Challies Kindle deals daily and always try to see if the deal matches in Vyrso. Last year, the deals were sparse at best and even if they had the book in Vyrso it hardly ever was on sale. Now they are often on sale and I have picked up a lot of great books. Does it need more attention? Definitely, but someone is doing something behind the scenes. I would love to see a wishlist feature though.

Posts 1255
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 10 2017 7:29 AM

We pushed out an update to about 1000 resources earlier this week. The update fixed books that had less than expected toc-entries.

Please let me know if you encounter any more. It is possible for us to expand the scope of this type of update if it is necessary.

Posts 856
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 10 2017 8:54 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:
Please let me know if you encounter any more.

Kyle,

Would you be so kind as to fix this one? We do not need all of the page number links. I have encountered this in several Vyrso books in the past, but I was a little surprised as this one was just released about eight months ago.

Designed to Lead 

Posts 9235
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 10 2017 12:08 PM

PL:
Also, is the Vyrso brand being abandoned in general?  In the past there were Vyrso freebies, near-freebies, deals, and exciting new books (nonfictions) from publishers almost weekly.  The site seems more quiet in the last few months

I've also noticed that the site has been quite a bit quieter lately.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 10 2017 4:10 PM

Thanks Kyle, personally must not own many of the resources updated as I did not see any more updates than normal this week.

Kyle G. Anderson:

We pushed out an update to about 1000 resources earlier this week. The update fixed books that had less than expected toc-entries.

Please let me know if you encounter any more. It is possible for us to expand the scope of this type of update if it is necessary.

Posts 3845
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 11 2017 7:42 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:

Herschel Hobbs' Fundamentals of the Faith could use an update Mr Kyle Sir... the TOC is present but it is generic, e.g. Chapter 1, etc instead of the actual chapter titles.  The Mark Mittelberg Collection has the same issue as well

Posts 3845
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 19 2017 7:57 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:

• Herschel Hobbs' Fundamentals of the Faith could use an update... the TOC is present but it is generic, e.g. Chapter 1, etc instead of the actual chapter titles. The Mark Mittelberg Collection has the same issue as well. I also noticed William Craig's book On Guard has extremely small images in it that are impossible to read on a mobile device. E.g. Chapter 3, several paragraphs under subtitle Atheist Alternative: The Universe Exists Necessarily! has one such image. You can see these all over the book
  • The progressive publication of Matthew has a ToC but it is generic like chapter 1,2,etc
  • no ToC: Answers to the Most Important Questions About the End Times John Hart
Posts 3845
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 19 2017 1:01 PM

Chuck Swindoll's Jesus also has a generic ToC

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS