Updating pre-pub offerings

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 878
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 14 2017 9:56 AM

As many of you probably remember, a year or so ago we cancelled a number of older pre-pubs that we didn’t feel were getting enough traction to ever make it into production. In many ways, this was keeping with the spirit of the pre-pub program as a way for us to test the waters and only produce what our market is most interested in.

Going forward, we plan to continue this process but in a less dramatic way. We’ll be doing a regular evaluation of the titles and retiring those we don’t believe will ever have enough interest to get produced.

As part of this process, we plan to post a list of the titles we are going to cancel in the forums a month before we plan to take them down (we’ll probably do something with email, too). This will give folks the opportunity to give the books one last push before we retire them.

You’ll probably start to see these lists popping up in here soon, I just wanted to give you all some advanced notice so that you had a bit of context.

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 9016
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2017 10:01 AM

Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife):
As part of this process, we plan to post a list of the titles we are going to cancel in the forums a month before we plan to take them down (we’ll probably do something with email, too). This will give folks the opportunity to give the books one last push before we retire them.

That's a great idea. This gives a chance for people to push resources they really want to see if that might help.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 506
Daniel Yoder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2017 11:47 AM

https://www.logos.com/product/23994/anabaptist-and-mennonite-studies-collection

I suspect this collection will be cancelled.  My bid has been in for over 4 years and it is only halfway to making it into production.

Is there any chance it could be broken up rather than being completely axed?  If these volumes were available individually there may be sufficient interest in some of them.        

Posts 259
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2017 12:51 PM

We’ll be doing a regular evaluation of the titles and retiring those we don’t believe will ever have enough interest to get produced.

That's good.  One, maybe a final push will get it / them into the production queue.

Two, notification will give me time to paste the book's name + author into an alternative want list.  During the Big Cull, I lost names of books I had been using Pre-Pub to list.

Posts 259
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2017 12:58 PM

As part of this process, we plan to post a list of the titles we are going to cancel in the forums a month before we plan to take them down (we’ll probably do something with email, too).[my bolding:scooter] 

https://www.logos.com/product/42344/select-works-of-joseph-a-seiss?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=prepub2017&utm_content=&spMailingID=219473&spUserID=MjMyOTU3MTEyS0&spJobID=240101453&spReportId=MjQwMTAxNDUzS0

The Seiss select collection: I received an email regarding these volumes today.

Posts 1079
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2017 1:25 PM

Sounds good ...

You’ll probably start to see these lists popping up in here soon, I just wanted to give you all some advanced notice so that you had a bit of context.

I presume that there will also be some sort of mail shots as well ... the forums are probably not frequented by all users ... and those of us that do spend 'too much'Wink time here can easily miss a thread because of the dynamic nature of the forums.

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 878
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2017 1:26 PM

scooter:

As part of this process, we plan to post a list of the titles we are going to cancel in the forums a month before we plan to take them down (we’ll probably do something with email, too).[my bolding:scooter] 

https://www.logos.com/product/42344/select-works-of-joseph-a-seiss?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=prepub2017&utm_content=&spMailingID=219473&spUserID=MjMyOTU3MTEyS0&spJobID=240101453&spReportId=MjQwMTAxNDUzS0

The Seiss select collection: I received an email regarding these volumes today.

Thanks for pointing this out. I should have been clear that I'm only referring to pre-publication titles here. It could be that we do something with community pricing at some point, but for now we're just going to do pre-pub.

Posts 878
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2017 1:29 PM

Martin Folley:

Sounds good ...

I presume that there will also be some sort of mail shots as well ... the forums are probably not frequented by all users ... and those of us that do spend 'too much'Wink time here can easily miss a thread because of the dynamic nature of the forums.

Yes. Definitely hope to do something with email (without overwhelming people!).

Posts 5170
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2017 2:24 PM

Getting an email letting me know titles you are about to remove from prepub, or community pricing is not overwhelming Ben, it's keeping your customers informed. Getting an email every other day from Logos marketing about a subscription to Faithlife TV + Mobile Ed that is only a available to churches when I am an individual person with no position of influence over expenditure of church finances - that is overwhelming.

The fact FL don't seem to get the difference between appropriately keeping customers informed and overwhelming them with irrelevant marketing is a concern.

Martin Folley:

Sounds good ...

Yes. Definitely hope to do something with email (without overwhelming people!).

Posts 294
Mathew Voth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2017 3:55 PM

First of all thank you Logos for finally separating the different languages in Pre-pub, that was long overdue!

Second, it would such a shame to never get to see certain books make it into Logos. Rather than axing them entirely if they don't make the cut as pre-pubs, could they not automatically get moved over to Vyrso, so we can at least still access them within our Logos libraries?

I feel like this would be an excellent compromise. There are just so many books not making it into Logos (I am teaching a Genesis courses and have had to purchase a number of commentaries for Kindle that I would have much preferred in Logos).

Even if these were in Vyrso I would be happy!

Shalom, Matt

Posts 506
Daniel Yoder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2017 6:21 PM

I agree that getting failed pre-pubs into Vyrso would be helpful.

Posts 1642
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2017 7:32 PM

Great move.

Posts 3152
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 15 2017 11:17 AM

This is a great idea.

On a not wholly unrelated note, is there any chance that some of the cancelled Pre-Pubs (from a year ago) will return in another form? For example, might some of the particularly popular works return from the cancelled giant bundles of mostly obscure stuff? (I and I'm sure other forumites can give suggestions on this...)

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS