Background Tips

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 10
Mark Bishop | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 17 2017 7:34 AM

I am new to Logos and purchased the Diamond Library.  I am going through Jonah, for example, and have looked through several commentaries and dictionaries with one only talking about the Assyrians 'military' practice.  But it was very generic, as I have heard more details about it.

Any tips or thoughts on how to read about the culture background of a given book, such as the Assyrians in Ninevah or Corinthian Church?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2017 7:54 AM

Mark Bishop:
Any tips or thoughts on how to read about the culture background of a given book, such as the Assyrians in Ninevah ...

One idea is a proximity search:

(Assyria,Assyrian) WITHIN 33 WORDS (military,terror)

Mark Bishop:
... or Corinthian Church?

(Corinthian,Corinth) WITHIN 33 WORDS church

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1456
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2017 8:27 AM

Mark Bishop:
Any tips or thoughts on how to read about the culture background of a given book, such as the Assyrians in Ninevah

Give some attention to this resource it may contain what your looking for Veli Voipio wrote a favorable review, perhaps he will comment here. Warfare in the Old Testament 

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.