Revised Version Bible - Name Change

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 19
Rev. Matthew Fenn | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 17 2017 8:43 AM

To whom it may concern:

The current name for the Revised Version of the Bible available on Logos is "The Holy Bible Containing the Old and New Testaments and the Apocrypha: Translated out of the Original Tongues: Being the Version Set Forth A.D. 1611 Compared with the Most Ancient Authorities and Revised." 

The name of the translation is the "Revised Version" or perhaps "English Revised Version."

http://www.bible-researcher.com/erv.html

Can you please modify this accordingly? When I cite it I keep having to change it.

Posts 5285
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2017 9:01 AM

I would also really like the name to be changed to come inline with typical usage.

-Dan

EDIT-PS:We  call the ASV by it's common name and not the similar to above name as you see on  this title page.

Posts 3161
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2017 1:09 PM

Hi Matthew.

I'd like to make sure I know what you are asking for. Are you requesting that the citation for this bible translation be changed from 

The Holy Bible Containing the Old and New Testaments and the Apocrypha: Translated out of the Original Toungues: Being the Version Set Forth A.D. 1611 Compared with the Most Ancient Authorities and Revised. Revised. Cambridge at the University Press, 1895.

to

Revised Version. Revised. Cambridge at the University Press, 1895.

Or

English Revised Version. Revised. Cambridge at the University Press, 1895.

Posts 19
Rev. Matthew Fenn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2017 1:20 PM

I'm suggesting that the citation be:

The Holy Bible: The Revised Version. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 1895.

Posts 19
Rev. Matthew Fenn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2017 1:27 PM

Posts 19
Rev. Matthew Fenn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2017 1:30 PM

Posts 19
Rev. Matthew Fenn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2017 1:31 PM

Posts 25579
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2017 1:34 PM

You might request that the Title also be changed, but you can change it youself in Resource Information or make it the Short Title (see Tommy's screen shot above).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 19
Rev. Matthew Fenn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2017 1:36 PM

Yeah. The title would have to be changed. The Revised Version and RV as the short form. But you can do that yourself.

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2017 1:52 PM

Dave Hooton:

You might request that the Title also be changed, but you can change it youself in Resource Information or make it the Short Title (see Tommy's screen shot above).

Would that change the citation as well  or only change what is seen within the software ?

Posts 19
Rev. Matthew Fenn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2017 1:53 PM

Only what you see in the software.

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2017 1:56 PM

Matthew Fenn:

So what you really need if for FL to make the change to the name internally.

Posts 19
Rev. Matthew Fenn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2017 1:58 PM

Yes. Exactly. If they change it to "The Holy Bible: The Revised Version" then the citation part will be fixed. What's more, it's far more marketable. And, as the pictures I posted above show, that's actually what it's called.

Posts 3161
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2017 2:00 PM

Matthew Fenn:

I know this option was mentioned, so I'd like to endorse it. If you only want it changed in the information page then I would suggest changing the title (and short title if you like) on the information section of the book. Beyond that you could select the long title from the title page in the book, right-click it and report it as a typo, and explain the title should change to the more common wording. This will go straight to the department that builds the books. 

Posts 644
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 31 2020 2:24 PM

Old post I know - but I'm trying to find the English Revised Version in my library/the Logos site and just can't. I think there was a similar post a while ago asking for the name.

I know it's there somewhere but 'Revised Version', 'English Revised version' etc etc bring up nothing

Posts 634
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 31 2020 3:12 PM

Stephen Steele:

Old post I know - but I'm trying to find the English Revised Version in my library/the Logos site and just can't. I think there was a similar post a while ago asking for the name.

I know it's there somewhere but 'Revised Version', 'English Revised version' etc etc bring up nothing

The Holy Bible Containing the Old and New Testaments and the Apocrypha: Translated out of the Original Tongues: Being the Version Set Forth A.D. 1611 Compared with the Most Ancient Authorities and Revised (ERV)

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential Upgrade - Large | Logos 8 Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum and Academic Professional

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS