Sermon Editor Slides - Black text on White background ?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 145
Ross Strader | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 17 2017 9:19 AM

Currently available in the Sermon Editor is a "Simple Black Title" slide that will nicely cooperate if you right click and "apply this style to all slides." 

In addition, there is a "Generic White Reference" background that can be applied to verses (and paragraphs), however, it does not at all cooperate if you right click and "apply this style to all slides." And sporadically responds when I right click and "apply this style to paragraph slides." 

1. There does not appear to be a "Simple White Title" slide background for Titles and headings. 

2. When the "Simple Black Title" is exported to PPT in editable text, the "Simple Black Title" has proved (at least to me) to be not so simple to convert from white on black to black on white because of the format it converts. 

I do not have need for array of slide options. I simply need two options. The ability to build all the slides either white on black, or black on white. 

This might be there right in front of me and I am simply missing it... can someone please advise me? 

MacBook Pro 15' Retina  •  2.7 GHz Intel Core i7  •  16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3  •  Version 10.10

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2017 11:31 AM

Hi Ross,

Thanks for posting about this. I was able to replicate the behavior with the "Generic White Reference." I've created a case with development, and linked it to this thread.

That's a great idea to have a "Simple White Title" background for titles. I might have missed it so another customer may come around and say it's there, but if it indeed isn't there requesting some more simple backgrounds like this be added would be a great thing to add over at our UserVoice

I was able to flip the text and background colors after exporting the Sermon to PowerPoint as Editable Text without too much difficulty. I suppose that might be subjective however. With that said I might not understand fully what you're trying to do so let me take you through the steps I took and you can tell me if I'm missing the mark here.

1. Export Sermon as editable text.
  2. In the Home tab select the text I want to be another color (if it is black background the text will be white so I highlight the text and change it to black in anticipation of the background being white).
  3. Click the Design tab, and then "Format Background" on the right.
  4. Click "Solid fill" on the right.
  5. Change the color to white.

Posts 216
LogosEmployee

Ross Strader:
... however, it does not at all cooperate if you right click and "apply this style to all slides."

This is due to the way the "Apply this style to all slides" feature works. We have different specific pieces of media (with very similar visual styling) with different layouts for particular kinds of uses: Bible passages are laid out differently than Sermon titles or Headers.

There is an old passage-specific black text on white background piece of media that can be selected for passages, but when you apply the style to all slides, there are no corresponding media for the other types of content in your sermon, and Sermon editor falls back to the default family (which is the white text on black background).

Ross Strader:
I simply need two options. The ability to build all the slides either white on black, or black on white. 

We've retired that old passage-specific media and published a new complete set of Black text on White backgrounds that you should be able to find in the Media tool. You'll want to make sure to select the new media before invoking Apply this style to all slides, but you should be able to find it, even if you start by just editing the Sermon Title slide.

Hope that helps!

Posts 145
Ross Strader | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2017 4:54 PM

Jacob, 

That is great news. Do you happen to know the name of that slide template? That would help me locate it in the media. I have looked and not been able to lay my eyes on the black text on white background slide to apply to the Title. 

Thank you,

Ross 

MacBook Pro 15' Retina  •  2.7 GHz Intel Core i7  •  16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3  •  Version 10.10

Posts 216
LogosEmployee
Jacob Carpenter (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2017 10:32 AM

Ross, it looks like the black on white slide templates are called "Generic {purpose}". For example, the Sermon Title version is called "Generic Title".

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS