Pre-pub titles to be cancelled

Page 2 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 44 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 259
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 19 2017 6:41 AM

Mark Smith:

Dale E Heath:
Or a special section at the beginning of the pre-pubs. Something to draw attention to them.

Yes. This should happen. How else will people be aware of what is about to happen? All these about to be removed pre-pubs should be in a section at the top of the pre-pub list with their expiration date made plain. There is nothing about this on the pre-pub listing pages.

There should also be a notice on each of these about-to-be cancelled pre-pub pages.

Not everyone reads the forums in a ''strenuous'' manner.  These busy people would miss the disappearance of pre-pubs, then have a later ''whoa'' moment.

Posts 10309
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 19 2017 8:34 AM

I'm not sure about stacking the prepub deathlist at the top of the prepubs. Sort of a marketing disaster notice.  Maybe an orange button 'Last Chance!'.

The bigger issue is the Logos.com large library, and then new proposed prepub entries. You really must be driven, to deal with it. Maybe earlier, it wasn't so big.

Amazon is a similar issue. Just using their example, they catch me with authors I like (new prepubs that auto-ship later) and 'books like this'. That is the best. I literally move from book to book, using ' books like this'.

The carot system can narrow down. But the categories are large and over-lapping. Exhausting. The emails (sorry) mindless. Not to be excessively catty, but I really don't think marketing knows their product. The publishers don't ... the advert copy is thin, and everyone copies it.

A smart algorythm ... 'books like this'. Given the Logosians are fairly homogenous (comparatively), it'd work in the mainstream, and margins as well.

Posts 259
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 19 2017 10:37 AM

Denise:
I'm not sure about stacking the prepub deathlist at the top of the prepubs. Sort of a marketing disaster notice.  Maybe an orange button 'Last Chance!'.

What if the drop box had a sort by mode named, ''Last Chance'' or ''On the Ropes'' + a ''Last Chance'' button on the book's page, the latter as Denise suggests??

Maybe not, ''On the Ropes.''

Posts 5148
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 19 2017 2:21 PM

Bullseye Denise. You've hit the nail on its head and scored a hole in one with your analysis.

Denise:

The bigger issue is the Logos.com large library, and then new proposed prepub entries. You really must be driven, to deal with it. Maybe earlier, it wasn't so big.

Amazon is a similar issue. Just using their example, they catch me with authors I like (new prepubs that auto-ship later) and 'books like this'. That is the best. I literally move from book to book, using ' books like this'.

The carot system can narrow down. But the categories are large and over-lapping. Exhausting. The emails (sorry) mindless. Not to be excessively catty, but I really don't think marketing knows their product. The publishers don't ... the advert copy is thin, and everyone copies it.

A smart algorythm ... 'books like this'. Given the Logosians are fairly homogenous (comparatively), it'd work in the mainstream, and margins as well.

Posts 27800
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 19 2017 2:24 PM

scooter:
Maybe not, ''On the Ropes.''

I don't know, I kind of like it. Smile Stick out tongue

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 878
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2017 9:51 AM

David J. Wilson:

Ben:

Why is 
https://www.logos.com/product/52362/the-sense-of-the-universe-philosophical-explication-of-theological-commitment-in-modern-cosmology 
in the above list ?

Was the email notification that it is shipping on March 2nd sent in error?

Confused

https://www.logos.com/product/52513/paul-and-the-politics-of-diaspora

would also seem to be a potential problem given it is currently part of 
https://www.logos.com/product/129083/studies-on-pauls-cultural-background 
which is showing as "almost there".....

Thanks for catching that!

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 5252
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 3 2017 8:34 PM

Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife):
As promised, here is a list of pre-pub titles that will be cancelled in 30 days

Just double checking we have till March 19th right???

We managed to get https://www.logos.com/product/40843/fortress-press-contemporary-theology-collection up to the almost there point..... Still hoping we can get this one under contract before the magic day comes...

-Dan

Posts 10309
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 3 2017 8:40 PM

Dan?? Looks like 45% ... did they kill it like the Brill encyclopedias? Or did I screw up?

Posts 10126
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 4 2017 2:19 AM

Denise:

Dan?? Looks like 45% ... 

I see the same - maybe the production cost was recalculated (as it sometimes happens on CP) ?

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 27800
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 4 2017 5:02 AM

NB.Mick:

I see the same - maybe the production cost was recalculated (as it sometimes happens on CP) ?

I don't think that would happen with pre-pubs, but maybe!

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1454
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 4 2017 5:42 AM

alabama24:

NB.Mick:

I don't think that would happen with pre-pubs, but maybe!

New Jerusalem Bible "Gathering interest" bar has shrunk from 65% to 50% since 20th February.

It would be nice to know what is going on behind the scenes! 

https://www.logos.com/product/53053/the-new-jerusalem-bible-the-complete-text-of-the-ancient-canon-of-the-scriptures 

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 5252
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 4 2017 8:55 AM

It's my bad...

https://www.logos.com/product/52352/fortress-studies-on-passages-in-the-gospels was what i meant to cut and past which is still in the orange...

-Dan

Posts 5252
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 4 2017 9:01 AM

Veli Voipio:
It would be nice to know what is going on behind the scenes! 

Well I don't know about the NJB, but I remember when I inquired years ago how many more were required to get the NIB made, Bob said he would look into it and a similar dramatic drop occurred when he wrote back and told me they had no idea it was going to be that complex. So possible that the NJB is more complex than they thought. But that is pure speculation of what might have happened...

-Dan

Posts 878
LogosEmployee

Dan Francis:
Just double checking we have till March 19th right???

I plan to cancel them on Monday, March 20.

Posts 270
Roger Dittmar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 7 2017 5:44 AM

The works by 20 women authors are represented within the above list of pre-pubs to be cancelled.

How many customers know these will disappear on March 20th?

Posts 6557
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 7 2017 6:54 AM

Dan Francis:

It's my bad...

https://www.logos.com/product/52352/fortress-studies-on-passages-in-the-gospels was what i meant to cut and past which is still in the orange...

-Dan

Can we keep this one, since it's almost there? :D

Posts 5252
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 7 2017 3:13 PM

DAL:

Dan Francis:

It's my bad...

-Dan

Question is now moot as it has gone green.... unless suddenly everyone who ordered it cancels...

-Dan

Posts 5252
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 7 2017 3:48 PM

Dan Francis:

DAL:

Dan Francis:

It's my bad...

-Dan

Question is now moot as it has gone green.... unless suddenly everyone who ordered it cancels...

-Dan

Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Today 3:45 PM

Dan Francis:

Thanks everyone it has gone green.... every who didn't still a chance to get in on a pretty interesting set.

-Dan

Sorry, Dan, it still needs a few more orders. There was a slight calculation mishap on the back end.

Posts 6557
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 7 2017 5:18 PM

Another miscalculation, really? You'd think they'd have those fixed by now 👎

Posts 878
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 16 2017 9:19 AM

Just a reminder that you still have until Monday to save these pre-pubs from cancellation! 

Page 2 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS