Will there be a Logos version of Michael Heiser's new book Reversing Hermon?

Page 2 of 3 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 53 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 1
Jason McNeill | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 27 2017 4:17 PM

Sent this question to Defender Publishing:

"Hello, I am interested in purchasing a copy of Reversing Hermon by Michael S. Heiser.  However I haven't found any digital version of the book, for example a Kindle version.  Will there be a digital version of the book available?"

Received this reply:

"Yes, we will have it available on Kindle and Nook.  They don't usually release the digital version for about 60 days after the actual book release.  So it should be available digitally around May sometime.  :)"

So "around May" 2017.

Posts 9151
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 27 2017 5:11 PM

Jason McNeill:
So "around May" 2017.

Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 99
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 27 2017 7:21 PM

Jason McNeill:

Sent this question to Defender Publishing:

"Hello, I am interested in purchasing a copy of Reversing Hermon by Michael S. Heiser.  However I haven't found any digital version of the book, for example a Kindle version.  Will there be a digital version of the book available?"

Received this reply:

"Yes, we will have it available on Kindle and Nook.  They don't usually release the digital version for about 60 days after the actual book release.  So it should be available digitally around May sometime.  :)"

So "around May" 2017.

Thanks for reaching out to them Jason, good to get an update. The paper copy is sitting here in front of me, got it almost a week ago from Amazon. I was never interested in the Kindle version, just the Logos version so that it will be searchable and I can make notes linked directly to Bible verses and other resources. It seems foolish that Logos didn't get this done as part of their new Pre-Order initiative, especially when the publishing contract allows for it and Mike's last book is the second best-selling Logos resource. Out of 20,820 resources currently for sale in the Logos store, it's second behind only the ESV Bible. Seems like a no-brainer if the goal is to sell books. Anyway, I'll wait for the Logos version, but could have spent the money I used to buy the paperback on an item from my Logos wish list instead. 

Posts 204
David J. Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 11 2017 2:58 PM

Disappointed that the price on Amazon.ca is twice the price on Amazon.com... Sad

seems best to wait for the digital version.... Whisper

Posts 2479
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 11 2017 6:16 PM

David J. Wilson:

Disappointed that the price on Amazon.ca is twice the price on Amazon.com... Sad

You know you can switch from amazon.ca to amazon.com in your Kindle account settings, even as a non US resident.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 839
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 12 2017 5:46 AM

Matthew:

I'd still rather have a Logos version than an Amazon version,

Ditto.

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 12 2017 7:49 AM

Jan Krohn:

David J. Wilson:

You know you can switch from amazon.ca to amazon.com in your Kindle account settings, even as a non US resident.

Is there a way of doing this without lying about my address? It won't allow me to change stores without providing an address.

Posts 2479
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 12 2017 8:59 AM

You're allowed to transfer your account to amazon.com with a Canadian address. You can do so here:

https://www.amazon.com/mn/dcw/myx.html/ref=kinw_myk_redirect#/home/settings/payment

Here are details about who can buy kindle books from which store (listed by countries):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201270050

Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 97
Earl Sheneman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 12 2017 9:25 AM

I ordered it from Amazon. Would have gladly ordered it in Logos if they had it available.

Posts 143
Tony Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 25 2017 7:00 AM

I guess sorta off topic...

About a decade ago I worked night shift and as long as the topics weren't too far out there I would listen to Coast to Coast AM when I was able, though I didn't advertise it because I didn't want other Christians to think I was crazy. Also listed to a Christian podcast that discussed C2C style topics. Heiser was a guest on both those shows that I listened to for many years.

Then in 2014 I became a youth pastor and my stepdad bought Logos for me. Cant remember exactly if it was a blog post or something in the Logos home page of the software but the first time I realized the Heiser of Logos was the same Hesier that I listened to talk about C2C type stuff my mind was blown.

Hope Hesier's works get much publicity. I always enjoy listening to his podcasts.

Posts 570
HansK | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 25 2017 10:33 AM

Kiyah:

Now it's fairly easy to get this into Logos, making a personal book :-)

MacOS Sierra / Logos 7 Collector's Edition & All Base Packages / Logos Now

Posts 9151
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 6 2017 5:48 PM

Mattillo:

Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 708
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 7 2017 12:25 AM

Ordered!

thanks for the heads up

Posts 2479
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 7 2017 5:54 AM

Interestingly, it is no longer purchasable.

I'm glad I got it on PrePub while it was there.

Posts 1983
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 7 2017 6:04 AM

Jan Krohn:

same here but I wonder why it is not longer purchasable

Posts 6865
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 7 2017 6:12 AM

Mark:

Jan Krohn:

same here but I wonder why it is not longer purchasable

It’s been taken down due to plagiarism!..............NOT! LOL 😂 

Just kidding! I don’t know, but hey, look at BECNT on John, it was quietly taken down too 😁 

Posts 3518
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 7 2017 8:18 AM

This witch hunt for plagerism is getting increasingly annoying.  I don't understand why they can't pull the book, have the author fix it, and then reissue an updated edition.  I know we haven't heard why Heiser's book got pulled yet but I hope the same doesn't happen like it did for O'Brien and BECNT John.  Per best commentaries, O'Brien's was one of the best and now it is lost forever.  Sillyness though I'm not an academic

Page 2 of 3 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS