Can husband and wife read/study independently on two computers and not affect the other's reading place?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
JEFE | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 21 2017 8:43 AM

I purchased the bronze set years ago and have used it for devotions and Bible study ever since.  I also put it on my husband's computer, but whenever he goes on, it changes mine too.  I know about the place up to the right where I can go back to my own place but I'm wondering if there is anything like a sub-account so we wouldn't change each other's stopping place.

Thanks!  I love Logos!

Janice Enlow

Posts 9040
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2017 8:55 AM

No subaccounts, sorry. However, you can go to Program Settings and change the way each of your copies of Logos opens. Select At Startup Open To: Most recent layout - local. That should do what you want.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8798
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2017 9:51 AM

Janice, what I would do is create my own layout and simply choose that layout when you go to have your devotions and Bible Study. That way your husband could choose the layout he was working on and simply choose that layout when he returns.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 24442
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2017 11:49 AM

Try what Mark suggests as the current layout is saved automatically on exit and loaded when Logos is restarted.

With Bruce's suggestion you can choose a named layout in Program Settings but you should manually save it before exiting otherwise the state of the layout is unchnaged when it is re-loaded.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 6
JEFE | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2017 11:57 AM

Thank you for your advice.  That sounds like the perfect solution!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2017 12:01 PM

JEFE:
I also put it on my husband's computer, but whenever he goes on, it changes mine too.  I know about the place up to the right where I can go back to my own place but I'm wondering if there is anything like a sub-account so we wouldn't change each other's stopping place.

Another option is having your husband create a new Faithlife account followed by purchasing Basic package(s) for $ 0.00 => Basic and/or => Verbum Basic plus could add many free books => Free Logos Books !!

Also could use 25th Anniversary coupon for $ 25 off purchase of resources.

After purchase, can launch Logos and/or Verbum followed by quickly pressing Ctrl OR Cmd key so login dialog appears then login with new account.

Faithlife corporation designed Logos and Verbum for one individual to use, which includes sync of reading progress, settings, documents, library priorities, ... across electronic device(s) used by that person. EULA => https://www.logos.com/support/eula includes summary:

End User License Agreement:

The short version is this: "The license goes with the user. Every user must purchase their own package. If you have a work machine and a laptop and they are both yours for your personal use, you may load it on both for your personal use - because the license goes with the user." Can you purchase one package and have two people use it? No. The license goes with the user. The license is a single user license.

All licenses are single human being licenses. We do not offer site-licenses, shared licenses, co-op licenses, library licenses or multi-user licenses. A church or company may be the purchaser and thus legal owner of the license grant, but may only allow one human being to be the beneficiary of this license grant.

Thankful for earlier license observation by Bob Pritchett => Logos’ EULA—Single user that includes a couple being one, who share one email address, one phone, ... Reply also includes insights about a couple of two ministers who have their own staffs so they would be two users.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2169
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2017 5:56 PM

I really think the best thing is to have separate user logins via the operating system and then the Logos sign in. Bit of work, but it keeps things where they need to be. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 38
Bryan O Clements | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 25 2017 10:26 AM

My wife and I  also share our Logos.  When we make notes we each use a different color. So, my notes show up as yellow stickies and hers are blue.  We do the same thing with naming documents, mine start with my first and hers with her first initial. It makes it easy not to confuse documents.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS