BUG: Home Page Blank

Page 1 of 3 (44 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 43 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 270
Claude Brown Jr | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 21 2017 9:50 AM

Today when I hit the home page button all I get is a blank screen. Anyone else experiencing this or is something wrong with my software? Everything else is working.

Posts 28712
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2017 10:05 AM

Not me. Please enable and post logs. See my signature line. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 270
Claude Brown Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2017 10:29 AM

alabama24:

Not me. Please enable and post logs. See my signature line. 

Was not doing anything other than clicking on the home page button.

0447.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 3180
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2017 11:01 AM

Hi Claude,

Can you post a screenshot of your DirectX Diagnostic tool's Display1 tab? 

1. Click on the "Start" Button.
  2. In the Search Box type dxdiag and press <Enter>. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool pop-up window should appear.
  3. Click the "Display 1" tab.
  4. Take a screenshot of that window, and post it here. 

Posts 270
Claude Brown Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2017 12:24 PM

Posts 270
Claude Brown Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2017 12:29 PM

or is this zip better I could not make the diagnostic tool larger? Thanks for the help.

4760.DxDiag.zip

Posts 3180
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2017 3:52 PM

Thanks for the image, Claude. Can you check to see if you have any updated drivers for your graphics processor? Intel has a convenient tool that will help check to see if there are any drivers available for your graphics processor. You can get that here. Once you have it run look for display, or graphics. The current driver is from 2015, so look for the newest driver you see related to your graphics processor.

If there is an update, and after you run it (be sure to reboot after you install any updates) if the behavior continues, can you post a new image of the same tab, and the "Display adapter" section of Device Manager? (from the start menu search for "device manager," open it and click the Display adapter" option) Sometimes if there is a discrete graphics card on the machine it isn't displayed in the DXDiag window. We might need to check for driver updates from the discrete GPU as well. Both NVIDIA and AMD have their own utilities like Intel's. If you have another display adapter made by either, you may want to check to see if their display driver utility detects an updated driver for the GPU.

AMD: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

NVIDIA: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Posts 270
Claude Brown Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2017 12:33 PM

Drivers are up to date but still no haome page.

Posts 3180
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2017 2:32 PM

Hi Claude,

Did the date and the version of the drivers get updated? DO you have a discrete graphics card that was listed in Device Manager that wasn't listed in DXDiag? Do you connect to a second monitor?

Posts 270
Claude Brown Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2017 4:43 PM

Tommy Ball:

Hi Claude,

Did the date and the version of the drivers get updated? YES DO you have a discrete graphics card that was listed in Device Manager that wasn't listed in DXDiag? NO Do you connect to a second monitor? YES

Posts 3180
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2017 4:51 PM

How is the second monitor connected? If you disconnect the monitor from the computer and then force the computer to identify that there is only one monitor connected? If you're not sure how to get to that let me know the version of Windows you're using. 

Posts 270
Claude Brown Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 26 2017 3:35 AM

Second monitor is not use while I experience this problem. I also noticed that visual copy is also blank when accessed from the right click menu and from the tools menu. Windows 10. I have five computers three have Logos loaded. I am not experiencing this problem on my other computers, which is why I was really interested in your update driver solution.

Posts 3180
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 27 2017 10:10 AM

Claude Brown Jr:
I also noticed that visual copy is also blank when accessed from the right click menu and from the tools menu. Windows 10.

Is the Media tool under Tools also blank? Be sure that your computer has an internet connection when you check that. All the content there is online based. 

Claude Brown Jr:
I have five computers three have Logos loaded. I am not experiencing this problem on my other computers, which is why I was really interested in your update driver solution.

Did anything outside of the computer change around when the homepage stopped displaying? Perhaps a Windows update?

Posts 270
Claude Brown Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 27 2017 12:08 PM

Nope nothing

Posts 270
Claude Brown Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 27 2017 12:09 PM

Yes media tool is also blank can't pull up anything in the media winda window.

Posts 3180
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 27 2017 1:53 PM

Is Text Comparison also blank? What happens if you resize the window? What is Program Scaling (Tools>Program Settings) set to?

Posts 270
Claude Brown Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 27 2017 3:31 PM

Had not thought of that as I don't use it often, but yes it is also blank. Program scaling is set to 100%. Also my custom start up screen is also blank.

Posts 301
LogosEmployee
Brandyn Whittington | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2017 3:19 PM

Hey Claude! This is definitely sounding like a rendering issue for certain elements within Logos. Are there any other programs you operate that may experience a similar rendering issue? This will have to be a program specifically and not something like a website, as browser elements are rendered differently.

Posts 270
Claude Brown Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2017 7:56 PM

Brandyn Whittington:

Hey Claude! This is definitely sounding like a rendering issue for certain elements within Logos. Are there any other programs you operate that may experience a similar rendering issue? This will have to be a program specifically and not something like a website, as browser elements are rendered differently.

No I have been checking my other programs and have not experienced any issues.

Posts 270
Claude Brown Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 1 2017 8:49 AM

Also it seems my Bible Sense Lexicon has been affected. It looks like this:

When it should look like this:

Page 1 of 3 (44 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS