LEB Old Testament Tagging

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 19
Cheryl Sexton | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 21 2017 12:46 PM

Hi, there.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I am noticing that for the iOS version of the LEB I have touch and hold a word in the LEB Old Testament, and I can press "Look Up," and it gives me Hebrew lexical information. In other words, in the iOS version of the LEB, the Old Testament seems tagged.

However, in the Logos 6 desktop version of the LEB which I have, I cannot do that. In the New Testament, I can hover over words and get lexical information at the bottom of the screen, yet that is not the case for the Old Testament. The same thing goes for looking up words. I can look up Greek words behind the text in the Logos 6 desktop version of the LEB, but not so for the Old Testament.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks, and blessings.

Posts 21701
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2017 1:01 PM

Hi Cheryl - and welcome to the forums

Cheryl Sexton:
Am I missing something here?

I think you are missing the Old Testament Reverse Interlinear resource for that Bible.

If you click the "i" button at the top right of the resource and scroll down to the "Reverse Interlinear" section what do you see?

You should have two reverse interlinears as below but I expect you will only have one

If this is the case, please enter the command "update resources" in the command bar and this should cause this - and any other resources that haven't been downloaded - to download to your computer.

After indexing everything should work as you expect.

Please let us know how you get on

Graham 

Posts 21701
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2017 1:02 PM

And please note you can upgrade to the Logos 7 environment for free - at https://www.logos.com/product/136022/basic - which is well worth doing.

Posts 19
Cheryl Sexton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2017 5:15 PM

Hi, Graham.

Thanks so much for your help, and thanks for the link to Logos 7 Basic. I didn't know I could update, but now that I know, I already have! Big Smile

I typed "update resources" in the command field, and there was about 170 MB of updates, but LEB still only has the Greek interlinear. Here is what I see:

Posts 27428
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2017 6:44 PM

Cheryl Sexton:
I typed "update resources" in the command field, and there was about 170 MB of updates, but LEB still only has the Greek interlinear.

I do not use these resources often, so I am probably not much help. The PRODUCT page copy has this statement:

Please note: The Old Testament does not currently support a reverse interlinear. We are working on one, and hope to have it available in the future.

I do have an OT RI, but don't know when or where I acquired it. I wonder if it is a Logos Now benefit. Do you have a Logos Now membership? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 293
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2017 10:01 PM

The OT RI is definitely included in Logos 7 Basic - otherwise I wouldn't have it.

Posts 21701
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2017 12:41 AM

alabama24:

I do not use these resources often, so I am probably not much help. The PRODUCT page copy has this statement:

Please note: The Old Testament does not currently support a reverse interlinear. We are working on one, and hope to have it available in the future.

I do have an OT RI, but don't know when or where I acquired it. I wonder if it is a Logos Now benefit. Do you have a Logos Now membership? 

It came out in the Logos 5 timeframe - so before Logos Now - so I think the product page needs updating.

Posts 21701
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2017 12:45 AM

Cheryl Sexton:
I typed "update resources" in the command field, and there was about 170 MB of updates, but LEB still only has the Greek interlinear. Here is what I see:

Can you find the location on your hard drive where the Logos files are stored? https://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers gives you some pointers as to where they are.

Then go into the Data/uniqueid/ResourceManager/Resources folder and check what LEB* files you have. Please post the results here.

Posts 19
Cheryl Sexton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2017 4:46 AM

Graham,

Thanks again for all your help. I appreciate your time.

Here is what I found:

Posts 19
Cheryl Sexton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2017 4:47 AM

Wait, I just checked my copy of the LEB by clicking on the "i". I have it now! I don't know what happened, but I have it.

Thanks so much again for all your help!

God's Graces,

Cheryl

Posts 21701
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2017 5:44 AM

Cheryl Sexton:
Wait, I just checked my copy of the LEB by clicking on the "i". I have it now! I don't know what happened, but I have it.

ExcellentSmile

Looking at the date it appears that it was downloaded yesterday - so it looks as though this was included in the resources downloaded after you executed the "update resources" command.

It probably didn't show up until indexing completed.

Cheryl Sexton:
Thanks so much again for all your help!

You are most welcome

Posts 1
Eda Clarke Ramsay | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 28 2017 2:30 PM

I am doing a paper and need the use of variety of commentaries and  it just not showing any results. Are they holding back services so they can sell Logos 7 products. Shame O shame. Hate to pass judgement but I have been on this for at least 3hrs. and no fish in the net. I am frustrated. I know version 6 has enough information as 7.

Posts 21701
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 28 2017 3:44 PM

Hi Eda

Sorry I don't understand what you are describing.

Please start a new thread and explain the issue clearly.

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS