Luther Video Documentary

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 639
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 22 2017 1:08 PM

The preview looks good for this video documentary on the life of Luther, produced by Faithlife TV.

The pre-pub says, "When this product ships, it will only be available for viewing through FaithlifeTV platforms."

Does that mean it will be embeded in our Logos library, viewable with an internet connection? Or does one have to log into Faithlife TV?

Posts 301
LogosEmployee
Brandyn Whittington | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2017 1:27 PM

Hey Ted! What that message means, is that it will only be viewable at Faithlifetv.com, or through the Faithlife TV App available on devices like a Roku. It will not be available in the Logos platform. (Logos Bible Software)

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2017 7:52 PM

Who else is ordering this? I'm curious if it's worth me picking up or not.

An edition that's viewable in Logos would be nice too. :-)

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 639
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2017 8:17 PM

Appreciate the clarification. It would be nice if owners could have a digital copy of it.

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2017 8:45 PM

Very disappointing, I won't be ordering if it's restricted to FLTV.

Brandyn Whittington:

Hey Ted! What that message means, is that it will only be viewable at Faithlifetv.com, or through the Faithlife TV App available on devices like a Roku. It will not be available in the Logos platform. (Logos Bible Software)

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2017 2:49 AM

Aye. FLTV is definitely getting more appealing, but the streaming isn't reliable enough for me yet - it's often fine for long periods, but it's not consistent enough for me to want to view a full-length film with it - I'd be in if I could download it, but I'll have to give it a miss for now.

Looks great, though. Really encouraging to see this kind of offering being put out there.

Posts 644
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 24 2017 8:06 AM

James McAdams:

I'd be in if I could download it, but I'll have to give it a miss for now.

Yep I'm the same - Amazon Prime Video and Netflix have introduced downloading, so it's clearly a feature which is important to many people.

Posts 944
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 24 2017 9:37 AM

Stephen Steele:

James McAdams:

I'd be in if I could download it, but I'll have to give it a miss for now.

Yep I'm the same - Amazon Prime Video and Netflix have introduced downloading, so it's clearly a feature which is important to many people.

It's a bit ridiculous and misleading for the product page to say "The product is a download" Sad

Posts 2539
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 24 2017 9:38 AM

Is there any way to get FLTV on the Amazon Fire TV?

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 5285
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 25 2017 9:33 AM

If it is not a downloadable product I am canceling my order... I see now they have added "When this product ships, it will only be available for viewing through FaithlifeTV platforms" But has no interest for me. 

-dan

Posts 28236
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 22 2017 6:26 AM

Stephen Steele:
Amazon Prime Video and Netflix have introduced downloading, so it's clearly a feature which is important to many people.

For clarification: Those downloads are temporary downloads. Is that what you were pushing for, or a permanent download? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 644
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 22 2017 12:46 PM

Yes, a temporary download seems reasonable for viewing somewhere without an internet connection.

Posts 28236
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 22 2017 1:22 PM

Thanks for the clarification.

I think this is a different situation, since you are "purchasing" the item (rather than subscribing like Netflix/Prime). In my opinion, the users should be able to permanently download the resource to their computer. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 639
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 22 2017 7:33 PM

Dan Francis:

If it is not a downloadable product I am canceling my order... I see now they have added "When this product ships, it will only be available for viewing through FaithlifeTV platforms" But has no interest for me. 

-dan

I reached the same conclusion. If one looks elsewhere, the documentary is available to rent or purchase/download.

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 30 2017 3:30 PM

I went ahead and took the plunge for this. Here's my evaluation:

1. It is only available on Faithlife TV as mentioned. However, I have FLTV on my iPhone, Apple TV, and Roku, so I have plenty of ways to watch it. My guess is you could "probably" Chromecast FaithlifeTV.com to a Chromecast although I've never tied it.

2. The documentary itself was well done, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching it and want to watch it again. Excellent documentary on Luther and a great learning experience for me. I highly recommend watching it. Only thing which "might" have been better is instead of the animated illustrations of Luther, using real actors might have been a little more effective.

3. I do recommend that Faithlife add a "Faithlife TV" module to Logos Desktop down the road that would allow us to access Faithlife TV inside Logos, plus the option for on-demand downloading. Would be great for those times when we need offline viewing of videos.

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS