Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 348
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 22 2017 2:28 PM

What is it?

Add your own images to The Media Tool in Logos 7.5, to use whatever background you like in quotes.

This feature requires Logos Now membership or Logos Cloud subscription.

How does it work?

To upload images:

1. Open Tools>Media.

2. Click the "Upload Media" button.

3. Select your image(s) from the file browser.

4. Your image will be stored privately online as "user media."

5. You may add tags to each image to more easily locate it later.

Supported formats: jpg, jpeg, png, bmp, gif, tiff

File size limit: 10 MB after conversion to .png. (Uploaded files are automatically converted to .png for online storage. If your image is in another format, in some cases the original file will need to be somewhat less than 10 MB.)

To find your images later:

In the Media Tool, change the File Vault selector menu from "Logos Media" to "User Media."

Known issues

• Transparent backgrounds are rendered as black when text is added.

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 604
John Fugh, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2017 3:56 AM

When I try to upload, I receive the following error:

Posts 172
Philip Bassham | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2017 4:34 AM
I successfully uploaded one picture before starting to get this same error.
Posts 979
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2017 6:09 AM

Philip Bassham:
I successfully uploaded one picture before starting to get this same error.

Same here. Two successful uploads yesterday, and then this error message today. 

Posts 348
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2017 8:08 AM

Sorry about this, folks. The error is related to a licensing issue; it's supposed be available to Logos Now / Logos Cloud subscribers, but there are some back-end connections we need to make. 

We'll have it fixed later this morning. 

Posts 348
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 20 2017 12:05 PM

User image upload in the Media Tool is now live for Logos Now (and Logos Cloud) members in Logos 7.5.

Posts 2993
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 20 2017 2:25 PM

Excellent! This will be very useful.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 36
Marc Brule | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 5:08 AM

Will this become available to Logos 7 users at some point or will it be restricted to Logos Now users until version 8 comes out? I have been waiting for this since purchasing Logos 7.

Posts 348
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 7:55 AM

Marc Brule:

Will this become available to Logos 7 users at some point or will it be restricted to Logos Now users until version 8 comes out? I have been waiting for this since purchasing Logos 7.

Hi, Marc, thanks for your question.

Plans often change, so we avoid stating definitively what "will happen" in the future. For example, the Bible Browser tool started as a Now/Cloud-exclusive feature, but it is now also available in the Extended Feature Set

For now, user media upload is limited to Now members or subscribers to Logos Cloud Essentials (or higher).

Posts 269
Andrew | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 2:00 PM

Can uploaded images be tagged?

Posts 4594
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 22 2017 1:38 AM

Andrew:

Does item 5 in the original post answer your question or are you looking for something different?

Posts 201
Jackie Watts | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 22 2017 9:32 AM

Can uploaded images be used with passage references & translation? I don't see that option. In other words, it will include the passage, but not the reference nor the translation used.

Posts 269
Andrew | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 22 2017 9:39 AM

Mike Binks:

Andrew:

Does item 5 in the original post answer your question or are you looking for something different?

It does indeed...Not sure how I missed that...

Posts 3
Thayne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 23 2017 9:42 AM

This is a great addition!  I was thinking that this would be really helpful!  Thanks!

Posts 17
Joe Dillabaugh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 24 2017 12:28 PM

This is awesome! I'm having some problems with it maybe you could help me clear them up

I uploaded the sermon series slides into the media via the instructions you gave. I found the slide in the toggle for "user media"

When I update the sermon with the slide and hit "apply this style to all slides" it resets all slides to plain black.

When I update a single slide it resets the text to be black in color and super small (unreadable if I were to use it on Sunday morning). 

I can give some screenshots if needed, I'd really like to help fixing it as this is an awesome upgrade.

-Joe

Posts 27442
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 24 2017 12:43 PM

Joe Dillabaugh:
This is awesome! I'm having some problems with it

For the best help, please create a new thread and explain your issue clearly. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 21716
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 24 2017 1:11 PM

Joe Dillabaugh:

When I update the sermon with the slide and hit "apply this style to all slides" it resets all slides to plain black.

When I update a single slide it resets the text to be black in color and super small (unreadable if I were to use it on Sunday morning). 

I can give some screenshots if needed, I'd really like to help fixing it as this is an awesome upgrade.

Joe

As Alabama suggests let's continue this in the thread you started earlier at https://community.logos.com/forums/t/141854.aspx 

I think I'm seeing a similar problem but it would be good to tie it down more closely there

Posts 1
Shaun Hart | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 16 2017 5:15 PM

I just want to make sure I understand, I need to pay for a service to use my own images in sermon prep? 

Posts 1805
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 16 2017 7:05 PM

Shaun Hart:

I just want to make sure I understand, I need to pay for a service to use my own images in sermon prep? 

Shaun, for now this is a subscription feature. We may open it up to non-subscribers later (e.g., with the launch of Logos 8), but we've not decided for sure yet. We have bandwidth and storage costs for this feature, and we've not yet built support for having storage limits. When we do, we'll likely have a free storage level that wouldn't require an ongoing subscription. I'm sorry for the inconvenience in the mean time.

Posts 1
Andrew Ingersoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 6 2017 10:12 AM

Just got the Logos software today; planning on using the sermon editor for preaching and power point in a couple days. I'm excited about the sermon editor feature but was struggling with getting my own images into it. So I came here and find out that to get my images into my sermon is a privilege exclusive for those who pay for a subscription... after having just purchased $600 of software. 

Here's an idea: don't force people to store every piece of media on your servers. It's rather obnoxious to assume I want everything I do to be public. If you want, make the ability to store it in the cloud a paid subscription feature, but by default only save it locally. After all, if I want to use the cloud it makes sense to pay for the storage costs, and if I need to have access to it in multiple locations, I would be more willing to pay for it. But right now, I don't believe the whole world needs my image for my opening icebreaker. Let me store the thing locally to use in the software I already own.  

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS