To be cancelled: New Cambridge Paragraph Bible w/ Apocrypha, rev. ed.

Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 37 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 26533
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2018 1:17 AM

Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife):

We're planning to cancel this Bible in 30 days if it doesn't get enough orders to go into production:

https://www.logos.com/product/24557/the-new-cambridge-paragraph-bible-with-the-apocrypha-rev-ed

Then why is it showing a ship date?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 563
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2018 1:44 AM

Debtor Paul:

Why is it available in Logos 8 packages, but still not released for those who got it in prepub?

Quite likely Logos marketing at work. Care for a new base package? Wink

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential Upgrade - Large | Logos 8 Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum and Academic Professional

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2018 1:47 AM

Scott E. Mahle:

Debtor Paul:

Why is it available in Logos 8 packages, but still not released for those who got it in prepub?

Quite likely Logos marketing at work. Care for a new base package? Wink

It also gives you time to consider whether it's cheaper to buy a base package than get this. As it's in the starter packages, which are less than $30 at the moment. There may be lots of people who have ordered this pre-pub who would pay less for Starter than they would for the pre-pub.

Posts 563
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2018 1:54 AM

Mark Barnes:

It also gives you time to consider whether it's cheaper to buy a base package than get this. As it's in the starter packages, which are less than $30 at the moment. There may be lots of people who have ordered this pre-pub who would pay less for Starter than they would for the pre-pub.

True enough. I picked up a few Starters for around $8.

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential Upgrade - Large | Logos 8 Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum and Academic Professional

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2018 5:36 AM

MJ. Smith:

I expect Logos to keep its word, + indeed ship this volume Nov 30.

Posts 8020
LogosEmployee

MJ. Smith:

You're replying to a post from February 2017.

Posts 66
Debtor Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2018 12:18 PM

A version 8 starter package for less than $30?

Posts 201
David J. Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2018 12:40 PM

Yes, possible, but as a dynamic price for those who already have a different denominational higher package....Surprise

Posts 66
Debtor Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2018 12:55 PM

Yeah, much, much more for me, if I want the NCPB included. That's a bummer. I had been waiting for this, unfortunately all for nothing.

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2018 1:10 PM

Debtor Paul:

A version 8 starter package for less than $30?

The Starter library (without features) is only $29.75 — so if you have a Faithlife Connect subscription, or have already bought the Logos 8 features, that's all you pay.

It may be possible to buy a library without the feature pack by calling sales. (I'm not sure.)

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2018 1:11 PM

Debtor Paul:

Yeah, much, much more for me, if I want the NCPB included. That's a bummer. I had been waiting for this, unfortunately all for nothing.

It's not for nothing. If you've a pre-pub order it will ship at the end of the month for $7.99, regardless of whether you have Logos 8 or not.

Posts 6412
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2018 3:15 PM

It’s already in my library 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 2061
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2018 3:40 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

MJ. Smith:

You're replying to a post from February 2017.

So presumably, there is no risk of this being canceled now Surprise

Posts 17966
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2018 6:31 PM

Debtor Paul:

Yeah, much, much more for me, if I want the NCPB included.

NCPB Product page => https://www.logos.com/product/24557/the-new-cambridge-paragraph-bible-with-the-apocrypha-rev-ed shows inclusion in three Logos 8 Starter packages:

Debtor Paul:

If purchase a Logos 8 package that includes NCPB, then pre-publication will be cancelled plus can use NCPB now. If want to wait for 8 purchase, then can purchase NCPB at pre-pub price for delivery on 30 Nov.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 66
Debtor Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2018 8:07 PM

it was only showing in gold packages when i looked

Posts 17966
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 3:21 AM

Debtor Paul:

it was only showing in gold packages when i looked

Clicking "more" on right side of => https://www.logos.com/product/24557/the-new-cambridge-paragraph-bible-with-the-apocrypha-rev-ed shows inclusion in 42 base packages (list has 3 Starters and 8 Gold).

Suspect order history affects top 3 shown. Purchasing Logos 8 Ultimate caused the 3 Starters to appear first.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 866
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 8:04 AM

MJ. Smith:

We're planning to cancel this Bible in 30 days if it doesn't get enough orders to go into production:

https://www.logos.com/product/24557/the-new-cambridge-paragraph-bible-with-the-apocrypha-rev-ed

I apologize, we ultimately decided not to cancel the resource and do some more targeted marketing to get it funded and produced. Then we decided to put in Logos 8.

thought I announced that we had decided not to cancel. If I did, it was in another post and I have no idea where it is.

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 3220
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 9:43 AM

I apologize, we ultimately decided not to cancel the resource and do some more targeted marketing to get it funded and produced.

Thanks for going the extra mile, instead of letting it be cancelled.

Then we decided to put in Logos 8.

And for the additional savings!

Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS