Strange Behavior when Opening on Mac

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 24 2017 4:58 PM

I've noticed a very strange behavior the last 3-4 months when opening Proclaim on my MacBook Pro (early 2011, latest 10.12 update).  I am running the latest version of Proclaim, too. I can click on Proclaim in my dock, and the icon just bounces. I then have to right click and Force Quit. Sometimes it will open on the 2nd attempt, but lately, it's been happening on the 2nd try as well. Finally, about the 3rd time, Proclaim will finally open. I'm not sure, but it may have something to do with the splash screen. I don't get the screen at all unless Proclaim decides it wants to open... Any ideas?

Posts 294
LogosEmployee
Glenn Gervais (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 24 2017 8:11 PM

Josh-

Once you do get it loaded, use the help menu to save the log files and post them here. We save 10 'runs' of the app, so hopefully we can diagnose what is happening.

http://support.proclaimonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/203763785-How-do-I-submit-log-files-

Glenn

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 24 2017 8:33 PM

I should have done that sooner. Sorry about that!

1731.Proclaim Logs.zip

Posts 294
LogosEmployee
Glenn Gervais (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 27 2017 12:18 PM

Josh-

Best we can tell, this is an OS issue with dll loading/caching as there is a lock that the loader deadlocks on for a period of time, if you wait long enough, it will eventually start (or you can force quit and restart). We have gotten this in house on our development boxes from time to time, and we have some ideas, but nothing solid. Sorry I don't have more for you, once we do, I will post back here.

Thanks

Glenn

Posts 63
tczinder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 3 2017 1:17 PM

Thanks for mentioning this! I've had the same issue! :-)

-T

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS