Sermon Builder Crashed - Not Happy!!!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 38
Bryan O Clements | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 25 2017 5:18 AM

I have been using the Sermon builder and loving it until about five minutes ago!  It would not export to Powerpoint so I moved on and was going to export to Word like I always do.  Logos shutdown and when I reopened my Sermon document all I had was the title and all my work was gone.

As much as I have enjoyed using this tool, this makes me gun shy to depend on it.  Has anybody else had this problem?  

One unhappy pastor.

Posts 21635
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 25 2017 5:28 AM

Bryan O Clements:
As much as I have enjoyed using this tool, this makes me gun shy to depend on it.  Has anybody else had this problem?  

I haven't experienced anything like this - and I have been using the Sermon Editor most weeks since September last year - so sorry to hear of the problems you are having.

Did you happen to have diagnostic logging enabled? That might provide some clues about what happened.

Posts 6153
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 25 2017 6:00 AM

My advice is ALWAYS write your sermon on Word and then copy and paste it to the sermon document. It's better and you have your back up, just in case. Besides, my outline looks better by doing that.

DAL

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 25 2017 6:25 AM

not shure if this is Nonsens...but if you open Word and click STRG+v dit it copy it into Word?

Posts 6153
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 25 2017 6:36 AM

Sascha John:

not shure if this is Nonsens...but if you open Word and click STRG+v dit it copy it into Word?

It can export to word but the outline wouldn't be organized the way it should be. That's why I'd rather build the outline in Word first. Besides you never know what could happen with the sermon document going crazy like it happened to the OP.

Posts 21635
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 25 2017 6:40 AM

DAL:
My advice is ALWAYS write your sermon on Word and then copy and paste it to the sermon document.

I understand that - but see it differently.

For me, the benefit of easily being able to include biblical references, to include quotes from other resources in an integrated way, and to include prompts etc makes the Sermon Editor an ideal place to write sermons.

But we probably shouldn't sidetrack too much from the issue raised by Bryan and to see if we can help him work out what happened.

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 25 2017 6:44 AM

I mean Bryan...by chance If he clicked on Export to Word Logos copy the whole Sermon into the Clipboard bevor crashing...so if it is still there he could open Word and than click  STRG+v Clipboard should copy the Sermon in Word...but this is just an Idea

Posts 21635
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 25 2017 7:05 AM

Sascha John:

I mean Bryan...by chance If he clicked on Export to Word Logos copy the whole Sermon into the Clipboard bevor crashing...so if it is still there he could open Word and than click  STRG+v Clipboard should copy the Sermon in Word...but this is just an Idea

Sorry I misunderstood.

Nice suggestion - hope it works.

Posts 6153
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 25 2017 7:25 AM

Graham Criddle:

DAL:
My advice is ALWAYS write your sermon on Word and then copy and paste it to the sermon document.

I understand that - but see it differently.

For me, the benefit of easily being able to include biblical references, to include quotes from other resources in an integrated way, and to include prompts etc makes the Sermon Editor an ideal place to write sermons.

But we probably shouldn't sidetrack too much from the issue raised by Bryan and to see if we can help him work out what happened.

All that is important but I do my editing last to include all those things except biblical references those appear automatically. 👍

Posts 38
Bryan O Clements | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 25 2017 10:12 AM

I always start by copying my outline into the Sermon Builder, so at least I have that.  I have been using the builder since November and absolutely love the time it saves me.  I now have the concern of whether it will sync each time.  I am guessing I will do a copy&paste into a Word document as a back up before i try to export to Powerpoint or Word.

I appreciate everyone's comments.

Posts 38
Bryan O Clements | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 25 2017 7:30 AM

Sermon Builder crashed again!!  I started my Sermon on Monday and worked on it through the week. This morning I built my handout and then went to export to MSWord and Logos shut down and reverted back to where I only had the title that was put in on Monday.  If I can't trust it, I can't use it.

I did learn my lesson the first time and did a copy paste to a document before I did the export. So, I have my sermon in Word, but not my slides and my handouts.

I can't continue to use this or recommend it to friends if it is not trustworthy.

Posts 1813
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 25 2017 7:34 AM

I have not experienced what you have experienced.

But you will need to post logs so those who know how to read them can help fix whatever the problem might be.

Posts 38
Bryan O Clements | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 25 2017 9:48 AM

If somebody will tell me what logs and where to find them, I will be glad to post them.

Posts 1813
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 25 2017 9:57 AM

PC- https://www.logos.com/support/windows/report-problem 

MAC- https://www.logos.com/support/mac/report-problem These links will tell you how to post logs to this thread.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS