Logos March Madness 2017

Page 3 of 6 (119 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 118 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 9134
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 2 2017 8:02 AM

Mark Barnes:
It would have bee really helpful if I could see what books are available from each author before voting. We're not choosing our favourite authors, but those authors whose books we want to buy.

Agreed, esp. since not all an author's books are always made available.

Howsomever, FL hasn't wanted to do this in the past, so...

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 2 2017 8:09 AM

Mark Smith:

Dave C.:
Just tried again and I'm in!

Same here.

I still get the server error. Hmph.

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 2 2017 8:21 AM

I'm getting the 2016 page now.  In two different browsers, one of which has never been to the site before.

Plus I got the 2017 page last night (but it wasn't working right then).

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 161
LogosEmployee
Kaleb Cuevas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 2 2017 8:53 AM

Hey Everyone,

Thanks again for reporting these bugs. We are hard at work to resolve the current issues. Please continue to let us know if any new problems arise.

Posts 273
LogosEmployee
Glenn Airoldi (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 2 2017 10:17 AM

We've taken the Logos March Madness site offline while we resolve the issue that has been causing the internal server error for many users.  It should be up and running again in the next few hours.  

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 2 2017 10:54 AM

Mark Smith:

Mark Barnes:
It would have bee really helpful if I could see what books are available from each author before voting. We're not choosing our favourite authors, but those authors whose books we want to buy.

Agreed, esp. since not all an author's books are always made available.

Howsomever, FL hasn't wanted to do this in the past, so...

The has been asked for on many occasions..one of those case where FL fails to listen to its customers....meanwhile I still haven't been able to log into 2017 event as Glen indicated its now offline for maintenance.

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 2 2017 11:18 AM

I too would find it helpful to know which books I am actually voting on. Right now I have to search for each author individually, see which of their books are available in Logos, filter out the ones I already own, and then make a guess regarding which of the remaining ones might be included in the sale. I am thankful Logos does March Madness, and hope they continue to do so in the fuure.

Posts 3556
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 2 2017 11:38 AM

I'm just speculating, but perhaps FL can't state in advance which books can be offered? Perhaps a specific book could be offered at 30% off if its author was eliminated early, but not at 70% off, if the author wins the championship?

Either way, there's a lot of effort that goes into making this possible, to give us an opportunity to vote like this. Thankful for the higher discounts that this sale brings us!

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 3942
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 2 2017 12:46 PM

I would guess that if the author loses early, there are more books than if the author makes it deep into the competition.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 2 2017 1:09 PM

PetahChristian:
Perhaps a specific book could be offered at 30% off if its author was eliminated early, but not at 70% off, if the author wins the championship

That makes a lot of sense to me.

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 2 2017 2:23 PM

I have always thought this too but it does nothing to resolve the issue, only upfront honesty from FL will stop the need for us speculate on this issues.

PetahChristian:

I'm just speculating, but perhaps FL can't state in advance which books can be offered? Perhaps a specific book could be offered at 30% off if its author was eliminated early, but not at 70% off, if the author wins the championship?

Posts 824
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 2 2017 3:10 PM

abondservant:

I would guess that if the author loses early, there are more books than if the author makes it deep into the competition.

I never gave that a thought. I've been voting to get my author with the greatest number of potential books into the finals. If that's how it works, then I've been shooting myself in the foot.

Do they add books at the end of each round that weren't available at the beginning of MM? Has anyone noticed anything like that?

I think I'll try voting against my favorite author now, not that 1 vote is going to make any difference anyway.

Dale Heath

Posts 279
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 2 2017 3:16 PM

Yes! Voting for the authors whose book we want to buy, not favorite.

Several of the candidates have Mobile Ed courses and if I remember correctly, some Mobile Ed courses were available in March Madness last year. This would be a good way to get significant discounts on Mobile Ed courses

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 2 2017 4:17 PM

This isn't working for me. Saying offline for maintenance and voting will resume soon. Is this down?

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 2557
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 2 2017 4:28 PM

Nathan Parker:
This isn't working for me. Saying offline for maintenance and voting will resume soon. Is this down?

Glenn Airoldi:
We've taken the Logos March Madness site offline while we resolve the issue that has been causing the internal server error for many users.  It should be up and running again in the next few hours.

Yes Nathan, it is regrettably unavailable at this time. 

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 3556
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 2 2017 4:29 PM

Nathan Parker:

Try again. It looks like it's back up now.

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 2 2017 4:37 PM

PetahChristian:

Nathan Parker:

Try again. It looks like it's back up now.

Now I forgot what the link is. :-)

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 273
LogosEmployee
Glenn Airoldi (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 2 2017 4:55 PM

Hi Everyone,

We've brought voting back online.  Let's go cast votes!

https://www.logosmarchmadness.com/

Posts 2557
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 2 2017 6:01 PM

Yay! I Voted. But site timed out when I tried to enter my email for offers Tongue Tied

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 334
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 3 2017 7:42 AM

Just tried to vote AGAIN, since the first few tries yesterday were unsuccessful and this time was no different. Still unable to vote. Tried on IE and Firefox. I still get last year's brackets.

Page 3 of 6 (119 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS