Logos March Madness 2017

Page 6 of 6 (119 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6
This post has 118 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 14 2017 6:58 AM

Thankful for LMM, even the "losers" at 30% off.  Hoping in future more people increase their awareness of the importance of authors like Hauerwas, Keener, Brown, Fitzmeyer, Brown, Kreeft, etc. 

eye of the beholder, I know . . . Wink

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 3190
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 14 2017 7:09 AM

Friedrich:
Thankful for LMM, even the "losers" at 30% off.

Amen! I was able to buy two wishlist items that hadn't been on sale in the last year or so.

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 14 2017 9:57 AM

PetahChristian:

Friedrich:
Thankful for LMM, even the "losers" at 30% off.

Amen! I was able to buy two wishlist items that hadn't been on sale in the last year or so.

curious--which ones, and why?

Posts 3190
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 14 2017 11:01 AM

One of them was Dictionary of Jesus and the Gospels. I have the second edition (which has gone on sale), but Mobile Ed courses often link to the original edition.

The last time it was on sale was MM 2016 (for 50% off), before I became a Logos customer.

Posts 2282
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 14 2017 11:06 AM

I didn't know Kreeft was Catholic. I voted for him. I also voted for Chesterton. Both of them are very good authors.

I grew up in a predominantly Catholic town. We even had a visit by Pope Benedict. I definitely don't agree with all Catholic doctrine, but rejecting a book just because it's written by a Catholic author, I hope I can be frank, is silly.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 110
Tanner Thetford | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 14 2017 11:32 AM

Man this is shaping up to be one of the most disappointing MM yet. Of the current leaders, I own all of the works that Logos carries for 6 of the 8 authors. These were almost all purchased through base packages or bundles within the last few years. 

By contrast, the 30% block is absolutely filled with authors that I would have been thrilled to see win. Chapell, Evans, Keener, Walton, Futato, Heiser, Longman all would have had incredible discounts on Mobile Ed. I even lack a ton of Fitzmyer print works. 

At this rate all I can really hope for is a Moo Mobile Ed course or and handful of Sproul books. Even a Piper win would at least give me a bunch of potential books to purchase, but he's fallen terribly behind already.

Oh well, guess I didn't need to spend that money anyways. 

Posts 32
Blair | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 14 2017 6:25 PM

Yeah, I've been pretty disappointed this time. I'm getting tired of seeing the same old faces year after year. And all votes seem to be along party lines. Does no one vote strategically in this thing?

Personally, I think they should offer something fresh like maybe stacking commentaries or commentary sets against each other. Could do the same with dictionaries, devotionals, etc. Does it have to be categorized only by author every year?

Posts 3190
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 14 2017 6:44 PM

Blair:
Personally, I think they should offer something fresh like maybe stacking commentaries or commentary sets against each other. Could do the same with dictionaries, devotionals, etc. Does it have to be categorized only by author every year?

While I think that's a novel approach, many long-time customers might own one or both sets (or dictionaries, etc.) in a bracket.

I've found it helpful to just give thanks regardless of the outcome. After all, we can rejoice when our brothers and sisters rejoice.

Posts 672
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 14 2017 6:47 PM

I was really disappointed with the MacArthur loss. I could have saved quite a bit more on his commentaries with 1 or 2 wins.

Dale Heath

Posts 1010
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 15 2017 9:17 AM

PetahChristian:

I've found it helpful to just give thanks regardless of the outcome. After all, we can rejoice when our brothers and sisters rejoice.

Yes

Posts 3153
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 15 2017 9:23 AM

Dale E Heath:

I was really disappointed with the MacArthur loss. I could have saved quite a bit more on his commentaries with 1 or 2 wins.

Dale Heath

Agreed... maybe now that people know his commenatries made it they'll vote next year on him.  I just wish Logos would add more MacArthur resources... I read an artilce the other day claiming he has written over 400 books, study guides, study bibles, etc.

Posts 672
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 15 2017 12:02 PM

When the next round ends, I'll only have a few possibles, unless Baker lets all of Wiersbe's books go on sale. I don't have any of his collection, which contains 17 books. Then I'd do the happy dance.Big Smile

The collection is $198 and the total price for the 17 books is $250. So if the collection is going to be on sale, it would be a lot better value than the individual books. We'll wait and see.

Dale Heath

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 15 2017 4:00 PM

PetahChristian:

One of them was Dictionary of Jesus and the Gospels. I have the second edition (which has gone on sale), but Mobile Ed courses often link to the original edition.

The last time it was on sale was MM 2016 (for 50% off), before I became a Logos customer.

Yeah, I saw that--I have both, but because of you started scouring to see if the "Wisdom/Prophets" one was offered under another author---the only one I don't have.  Sadly . . . no. Smile

Posts 3153
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 16 2017 5:49 AM

PetahChristian:

Agreed!  I have never used the quick buy function until I saw this sale... I own the 2nd edition but it seems almost every book and course I own links to the first edition which was a huge pain.  I am suprised by some of the articles that were removed in the second edition as well.  I also snagged the rest of Ben's Socio-Rhetorical commentaries.  I have had the 10 volume set from the L6 days but he has a few others on the letters which it was missing.  I wonder if he will ever do one on Revelation

Posts 259
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 16 2017 6:13 AM

Mattillo:
I own the 2nd edition but it seems almost every book and course I own links to the first edition which was a huge pain. 

I had the 1st for ages.  When the 2nd was on sale, I purchased it against the time when future courses would link to the newer volume.  You and I have it double covered!!

Posts 1073
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 16 2017 6:32 AM

Is the winner already decided?

Using this search : https://www.logos.com/products/search?Product+Type=Logos+March+Madness&Status=Live&unlocked=no&sort=savings&pageSize=60

I was intrigued to see this on the LHS

I wanted to know who has already got 'Round 5 discounts' ... https://www.logos.com/product/56533/mobile-ed-nt217-key-events-and-speeches-in-acts, which does not seem to be on sale at all ...

... and the 24 with 'Round 4 discounts' seem to show 30% discounts ... 

Mileage may vary (because of the unlocked parameter in my search string) ... it is obviously mis-tagging ... I have not found any bargains!!!

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 3190
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 16 2017 11:05 AM

Martin Folley:

If you look at Round 1, it has 35% off (Round 2) items as well as items that aren't even on sale from authors who weren't in MM this year.

From what I can tell,  2016 results are still included. I hope after a winner is selected, that FL will update it to only consist of 2017 bracket sales, as it is much easier to browse sales on the store (where they can be sorted, filtered, etc.).

Posts 3190
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 16 2017 6:31 PM

Round 3 sales are now live.

Posts 672
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 16 2017 7:17 PM

Dale E Heath:

When the next round ends, I'll only have a few possibles, unless Baker lets all of Wiersbe's books go on sale. I don't have any of his collection, which contains 17 books. Then I'd do the happy dance.Big Smile

No happy dance. Of the 19 books published by Baker that I wanted, zero are on sale.Sad

I'm grateful for the other 2 books out of the 8 authors, and always happy for any kind of a sale. That's it for me this year, unless Keller's sermons make the finals.

Dale Heath

Page 6 of 6 (119 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 | RSS