Sermon Editor unable to add references/slides from The Message Bible version

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 23
Lourens de Jager | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 4 2017 4:58 AM

In the Sermon Editor, when I add a biblical reference and click on "add slides from selected reference", it populates a text box and slides with the verses from my prefered Bible (NET). I can then  change the Bible version from the drop down to any version EXCEPT "The Message". When I click on "The Message" nothing happens.

Is anyone else experiencing this? 

I normally don't use The Message so I only just encountered this.

Posts 3754
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 4 2017 1:25 PM

I can reproduce this. This may be by design for this particular resource, If it is, I suspect it is because of the way The Message is versified. Someone from Logos will have to chime in on that.

Diagnostic Logging

Grow in your personal relationship with Christ; so you can help others come into and grow in a personal relationship with Christ

Posts 23
Lourens de Jager | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 6 2017 4:14 AM

Thanks Fredc. I have managed to get the Sermon Editor to populate the references from The Message if I change my preferred Bible to The Message and add in the references from scratch. However, if I change it to a different version from the drop down, and then try to change it back to The Message, it again does not respond. 

Posts 3754
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 6 2017 4:58 AM

Sounds like it may be a bug then. I'll try to bring this to the attention of someone from FL who can comment

Diagnostic Logging

Grow in your personal relationship with Christ; so you can help others come into and grow in a personal relationship with Christ

Posts 288
LogosEmployee
Brandyn Whittington | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 6 2017 10:25 AM

Hey Lourens! Thanks for reporting this. I'm attempting to recreate this behavior and will update shortly.

Posts 288
LogosEmployee
Brandyn Whittington | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 6 2017 10:46 AM

I was easily able to replicate the issue with the steps you provided on our current version of L7. Thanks again for the posting. I'll get a case made ASAP.

Posts 23
Lourens de Jager | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 6 2017 1:50 PM

Thanks Brandyn!

Posts 1279
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 20 2017 4:01 PM

Lourens de Jager:

Thanks Brandyn!

Lourens,

We think this should be working properly in 7.5. Can you please confirm?

Thanks,

Philana

Posts 23
Lourens de Jager | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 22 2017 2:36 AM

Philana,

Thanks, it works!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.