Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 446
Jonathan Sine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 10:44 AM

David Ames:
[After all sacrifice is good for the soul]
David Ames:

[Love one another and help them get the expensive LOGOS books]

David, Perhaps you should be looking at the titles involving biblical exegesis! Smile Something about manipulating Scripture, taking things out of context, and deductive exegesis...

Jonathan Sine

Pastor - Squamish Baptist Church

2 Cor. 4.6

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 10:45 AM

David Ames:
I did not notice BDAG/HALOT on the list – Why? (most likely copyright / publisher restrictions)]

BDAG doesn't have price flexibility for the kind of percentages off it could (and would) receive in this game.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 1:48 PM

I would like to see the run-off between Spurgeon's Treasury of David and Howard Marshall's ICC on the Pastorals, with Marshall coming out on top. These are two seriously good buys and with 75% off Marshall's ICC, it would make it a real bargain. Among the others the Septuagint and Qumran studies would fit my library nicely.

Well, I can dream! Smile

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 4GHz; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.12.2; 1TB FD; Logos 7

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.12.2; 256GB SSD; Logos 7

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 10.2

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 1:51 PM

Dan DeVilder:
BDAG doesn't have price flexibility for the kind of percentages off it could (and would) receive in this game.

If BDAG were in this, I would be willing to place money on who would win.

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 2:13 PM

Dan DeVilder:

Answer me these questions three--what is:

a) your projected final four and top winner? (not necessarily what you want to win)

b) your hoped for elite 8 and top winner?

c) the average rainfall in the amazon basin?

bonus: what is the above a poor allusion to?

There are some gems in the brackets!  What are your projections?

Mine:

a) PROJECTED:

• Division 1:  Lectures to My Students, by Charles Spurgeon (4 Vols.)
  • Division 2:  The Treasury of David, Charles Spurgeon (6 Vols.)
  • Division 3:  A Critical and Exegetical Commentary on the Pastoral Epistles, I. Howard Marshall
  • Division 4:  Glimpses of a Strange Land: Studies in Old Testament Ethics, Cyril Rodd
  • WINNER: A Critical and Exegetical Commentary on the Pastoral Epistles, I. Howard Marshall

b) HOPED FOR:

• Division 1:  The First and Second Letters to Timothy, Vol. 1 and 2, Jerome D. Quinn and William C. Wacker -or-
                         The Pauline Writings, Stanley E. Porter and Craig A. Evans
  • Division 2:  The History of the Second Temple Period, Paolo Sacchi
  • Division 3:  A Critical and Exegetical Commentary on the Pastoral Epistles, I. Howard Marshall
  • Division 4:  Glimpses of a Strange Land: Studies in Old Testament Ethics, Cyril Rodd
  • WINNER: A Critical and Exegetical Commentary on the Pastoral Epistles, I. Howard Marshall

c)  Average yearly rainfall of 80 inches

"Answer me these questions three"  From a childhood story...The troll guarding the bridge asked those who wished to pass? Barely remember that tale.

Posts 296
Jonathan West | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 2:37 PM

PREDICTED:

• No idea!

HOPED FOR:

1. Letters to My Students or Carson on John (which I have in print) - but the title I most look forward to is Eldon Ladd: the Last Things
  2. Either of the Moo titles - probably prefer the James commentary
  3. Marshall on Pastorals - and Mohler title He is not Silent is one I'd look to buy as is Wenham's title
  4. None really - maybe 1-3 John but Macarthur's PM IMHO adversely impacts much of his exposition

QUESTION 3

• what?

www.emmanuelecc.org

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 2:59 PM

Praiser:

Answer me these questions three"  From a childhood story...The troll guarding the bridge asked those who wished to pass? Barely remember that tale.

yeah, ummmmm, great memory (really!) but I wouldn't show that movie to your children . . .

Posts 456
Pastor Roger | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 3:01 PM

Terry Poperszky:
If BDAG were in this, I would be willing to place money on who would win.

Although this might be a resource that a lot of peeps already have -- do you have it?

Elder/Pastor, Hope Now Bible Church, Fresno CA

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 4:38 PM

Dan DeVilder:

Praiser:

Answer me these questions three"  From a childhood story...The troll guarding the bridge asked those who wished to pass? Barely remember that tale.

yeah, ummmmm, great memory (really!) but I wouldn't show that movie to your children . . .

Didn't know it appeared in a movie, but after you mentioned a movie I did a google search. Monty Python and the Holy Grail? I've heard the title before, but I've never seen it.  

I only remember it from a childhood storybook way back when. As I recall, the children guessed the riddle answers and crossed over the bridge much to the trolls upset.   

I must be giving away my age.

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 4:49 PM

Praiser:

Didn't know it appeared in a movie, but after you mentioned a movie I did a google search. Monty Python and the Holy Grail? I've heard the title before, but I've never seen it.  

I only remember it from a childhood storybook way back when. As I recall, the children guessed the riddle answers and crossed over the bridge much to the trolls upset.   

I must be giving away my age.

lol, I interpreted childhood story to be Holy Grail, the movie!  I never knew it was a child's book.  I was just cracking up thinking how some poor kid was indoctinated with Monty Python.  They must have lifted it from the book.  the scene you recall is what they did in the movie, with some comedic twists. 

Peace.  :)

Posts 2413
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 4:42 AM

Dear Pastor: I did search on Exegesis

Books by title: 58

Search Library (gold plus): 6062 hits (articles)

I have taken (and given) Bible Studies on the Sanctuary

We get off easy – get down on knees and ask for forgiveness

3000 years ago they had to kill a lamb and feel the life flow out!

RE: BDAG – got email from Logos Sales for that comment

(will move funds from savings to checking) (Will talk to WIFE first)

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 5:55 AM

Did you see that BDAG and HALOT were on sale? 

The Newswire in my inbox this morning said use the coupon code BDAGHALOT6253 to knock it from $274 --> $249

It's a little help anyway.

EDIT: I should note that this is a limited time as stated by the email.  So I'd wager it won't last long.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS