What Tablet?

Page 5 of 5 (85 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 84 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 768
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 5 2017 12:59 PM

Mark Nolette:

Hi, Bill,

I was out of touch as I wasn't feeling terribly well. Sorry that you went through all that trouble only to find that running Logos from eMMC wouldn't work for you. But it's great that you are satisfied with its performance from the microSD card. I'm glad that Macrium Reflect was a help for you. 

Having such a portable tablet that can run the desktop version of Logos is great. Too bad that Dell has apparently stopped making/selling the DV8 Pro. It's no longer on their site. I'll take good care of mine!  

An update on my DVP8. Keep Smiling for Jesus helped me with setting up Logos on my eMMC while moving my Resources folder to my microSD card and making a symbolic link pointing to that folder. So, all of the Logos application and database files run from eMMC (about 8-9 GB) and the system is a bit faster than running Logos completely from the microSD.

Posts 408
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 5 2017 1:23 PM

Bill Anderson:

Mark Nolette:

Hi, Bill,

I was out of touch as I wasn't feeling terribly well. Sorry that you went through all that trouble only to find that running Logos from eMMC wouldn't work for you. But it's great that you are satisfied with its performance from the microSD card. I'm glad that Macrium Reflect was a help for you. 

Having such a portable tablet that can run the desktop version of Logos is great. Too bad that Dell has apparently stopped making/selling the DV8 Pro. It's no longer on their site. I'll take good care of mine!  

An update on my DVP8. Keep Smiling for Jesus helped me with setting up Logos on my eMMC while moving my Resources folder to my microSD card and making a symbolic link pointing to that folder. So, all of the Logos application and database files run from eMMC (about 8-9 GB) and the system is a bit faster than running Logos completely from the microSD.

Hi, Bill,

Thanks for the update. I'd be interested in learning how to set up that symbolic link at some point. That might work better for me as well.

One thing I have done in the meantime is upgrade my Windows 10 to the new Creators Edition. Once the upgrade was done, I ran Disk Cleanup to remove the old installation of Windows. Once that process was over, I ended up with 3 GB more of free space on eMMC than I had with the "old" Windows 10. On a 64GB eMMC drive, 3 GB is significant! I didn't see a change in performance overall, but Edge runs better for me now than it did before. Logos/Verbum is about the same. 

Posts 768
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 6 2017 8:00 AM

Mark,

I, too, got an extra 3 GB when I updated to the Creator's Update, but it wasn't enough of a gain to get all of my Logos installation on the eMMC.

Basically, what I did was install Logos using Method 2 (see the wiki). Before I copied over my existing Data folder to the new installation, I took the Resources folder out and put that on my microSD card as D:\Resources.

Then, I downloaded a program called Junction, which creates the symbolic link to the Resources folder on the microSD card, and ran the appropriate command. Here is the thread with the details:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/141883/899743.aspx#899743

When the time comes, let me know if you need any further assistance in setting this up

Posts 408
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 6 2017 11:43 AM

Bill Anderson:

Mark,

I, too, got an extra 3 GB when I updated to the Creator's Update, but it wasn't enough of a gain to get all of my Logos installation on the eMMC.

Basically, what I did was install Logos using Method 2 (see the wiki). Before I copied over my existing Data folder to the new installation, I took the Resources folder out and put that on my microSD card as D:\Resources.

Then, I downloaded a program called Junction, which creates the symbolic link to the Resources folder on the microSD card, and ran the appropriate command. Here is the thread with the details:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/141883/899743.aspx#899743

When the time comes, let me know if you need any further assistance in setting this up

Hi, Bill,

Thanks for your reply and the link! I'll look into Junction and that symbolic link when I have a little more time for tinkering. 

Peace in the Lord, Mark

Posts 1799
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 20 2017 4:50 AM

Another opportunity to have our voices heard by Logos leaders - http://community.logos.com/forums/t/148421.aspx 

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Page 5 of 5 (85 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS