Logos 7 on Multiple Devices?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 27
Super Mario | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 7 2017 7:37 AM

I have a family with kids and a wife who would like access to Logos, but I don't really want them on my personal laptop, as I always have various programs open including Logos and they sometimes close something and change something, and then daddy's not very happy...

So, is there a way to have logos on multiples laptops and PC's without having to pay for everything twice (or three or four times)?

Posts 27555
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 7 2017 8:23 AM

The good news is yes! You may install Logos on as many computers & devices as you own for your own, personal use. The bad news: Your Logos license is for "one user." Thankfully, FL has interpreted "one user" to be a non-ministry vocational spouse and children still living in the home... but it is still designed for "one user." All notes, highlights, preferences, etc. will sync by default. There are some work arounds, but I don't think any of them are good options. So the answer is "yes," but with the caveat of all that goes with it. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 27
Super Mario | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 7 2017 9:14 AM

That's great. I don't mind the synced notes etc. I'm sure we can find a way to sign them off if need be. So would I just download it onto my wife's computer and log in with my own details and it will sync of my resources onto it?

Posts 21869
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 7 2017 11:06 AM

DogWarrior:
So would I just download it onto my wife's computer and log in with my own details and it will sync of my resources onto it?

Yes - it should work exactly like that

Posts 27555
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 7 2017 1:15 PM

DogWarrior:
I'm sure we can find a way to sign them off if need be.

For clarification: If you want them to have access to your library resources, they would need to be continually logged into your account. They won't be able to access your resources elsewise. You can't log in, download resources, and log out. 

One of my MVP friends recommends a scenario where you would always have them work offline... but in my opinion, that is simply delaying the inevitable. Whoever has access to your account can add or delete notes & highlights at will. I would make sure they understand this and are old enough to be responsible for this. 

One thing you can do is to have the kids computer open to a specific layout, rather than a synced one. This will help to make sure they aren't using your currently used layout, closing tabs, etc. They could always open your layout, but at least it isn't the one being defaulted to. 

Finally, one last suggestion. If you goal is simply for them to have access to a bible, etc. you could create a new account for them and "purchase" L7 basic (free), which comes with a number of free to use resources. That <may> be a good option for you, depending on your/their needs. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 7 2017 1:35 PM

alabama24:
Finally, one last suggestion. If you goal is simply for them to have access to a bible, etc. you could create a new account for them and "purchase" L7 basic (free), which comes with a number of free to use resources. That <may> be a good option for you, depending on your/their needs. 

Faithlife offers two Basic packages => Basic and => Verbum Basic plus has more free resources. Logos Wiki => Free Logos Books !!

For each personal account, can purchase more resource(s) as desired. Different personal libraries can have different resources, which reflect different reading desires.

Faithlife has enabled many documents to be shared using Faithlife groups => https://faithlife.com For example, reading plan(s) could be shared followed by discussion (online and/or in person). Sharing reading plan allows each family member to read a resource with their own progress syncing between their devices.

Graham Criddle:

DogWarrior:
So would I just download it onto my wife's computer and log in with my own details and it will sync of my resources onto it?

Yes - it should work exactly like that

Plus any changes she makes to prioritization, documents, highlighting, ... will sync back to your account (and any changes you make syncs to your installation on her computer or mobile device), which could be frustrating for both of you.

Logos and Verbum are designed for one user to use on a personal set of electronic devices. EULA => https://www.logos.com/support/eula

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1
Chin Sie Jen Iving | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 4:18 AM

Dear Logos I have two Macs. One Macbook Pro that I use at home in my study and it has Logos on it. But I recently bought a Mac mini for my office at the church so that I don't have to carry my Macbook pro all the time with me if I have to work in my office.

I don't think it would be a problem installing Logos at my office mac also. I will be using the same account of course.

What do you suggest?

Senior Pastor Irving Chin Sie Jen

Posts 1555
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 4:32 AM

Chin Sie Jen Iving:
I don't think it would be a problem installing Logos at my office mac also. I will be using the same account of course.

That is correct. Download the Logos installer (https://www.logos.com/install) and log into your account when the sign-in prompt comes up.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS