Logos 4 For Mac

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 64
Ronald Sharp | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 18 2010 6:20 AM

I own the software, and downloaded it and have been working with it. I understand that things are still being worked on. However I have noticed that the homepage is not the same as on the video training. Is this because it's still being worked on or do I need to do something. All the tabs are not at the top. Only the house, file and spyglass. Also do I need to do anything to get the updates after installing the first time? Thank you Ron

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 6:50 AM

I assume you've installed the Mac version.

If so, you're right, it's still in the 'Alpha' development stage at present. This means that new features are being developed all the time. About once a fortnight a new update is released with additional functionality. Once the feature set is broadly complete, then the software will enter the 'Beta' dvelopment stage. During this time all the bugs should be ironed out and the application optimised to run faster and more efficiently.

You should read the FAQ here for more information.

To answer your specific questions:

• The home page is still under development and does not yet match the functionality of the Windows version which was used for the videos.
  • I assume that the additional tags you feel are missing are: 'File', 'Guides', and 'Tools'. On the Mac version this functionality has migrated to the menu at the top of the screen. Please see the screenshot below:

• To ensure that you get the latest updates make sure that your settings match those in the screenshot below and watch this forum:

This is potentially a very exciting time for users of the software. If you're comfortable running 'Alpha' software with all the potential instability and an incomplete feature set, then you have an opportunity to be involved in the testing and development of the application. With the fortnightly updates, it's like getting a new application every fourteen days. 

Enjoy!

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 6:59 AM

Ronald

They are different, because the video is the Windows version and our is a Mac Alpha version. The layout is going to be different. What will not be different is the things we are able to do … eventually. In the meantime, its really just a case of try and see what works. Go spelunking as Cameron Waters puts it. What you can do is have a look at Cameron's post which is pinned near the top of the posts listings in Logos 4 Mac. (Here's the link http://community.logos.com/forums/t/13209.aspx) That should give you an idea of what is available.

With regard to the tabs being different, many of the tabs in the Windows version are accessible as drop-down menu items on the Logos 4 Mac menu bar. They are mostly in the Tools section, as in my screen shot.

Hope that helps.

In another post a couple of weeks back I raised the possibility of having a homegrown wiki hints & tips page so that we could share expertise during the development phase of the Logos 4 Mac, but it din't really get off the ground. I think the feeling was that during development so many things were going to change and develop that videos would become obsolete very quickly. However, I do know that Joe Miller, for one, said that he intended producing some videos specifically for Mac users once the development phase is over.

In the meantime, if you don't know just ask on this forum. It's how I am learning. People on the forum are really helpful and the developers are really marvellous at responding to cries for help. (No matter how daft my questions have been, or how self-evident the answers may appear, folks bend over backwards to assist.)

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 10:48 AM

Alan - Looks like we were doing the same thing at the same time ... Smile ... Stephen

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 1:37 PM

Stephen Ashton:

Alan - Looks like we were doing the same thing at the same time ... Smile ... Stephen

Yes indeed, Stephen, but I wish I knew how to do those fancy arrows you do. Very effective.

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 2:27 PM

Alan Macgregor:
I wish I knew how to do those fancy arrows you do.

Alan - If I can do it, then it's easy ... and you can do way more than arrows. This is really useful for any image file or PDF you need to review or annotate.

Once you taken a screenshot, open it in Preview and click on the Annotate button in the toolbar (see the red arrow in the screenshot below), then you can access the tools at the bottom of the window (see the green arrow):

There's an Apple 'Tip of the Week' on this subject here: http://www.apple.com/pro/tips/pdf_annotation.html

Have fun!

Stephen 

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 4:44 PM

Stephen

Thanks. I've never used Preview except for doing just that previewing pictures. I'll give it a try in due course.

Every blessing

Alan

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS