Sound Problem

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 37
Rev. Michael L. Burns | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 7 2017 1:32 PM

I recently went to a Surface Pro 4 as my mobile device. Every time I attempt to watch video with Logos, whether it be from the home screen, a course, 30 Day Challenge, etc. the  audio is present but so fast you can't understand it. This only happens from within Logos. Video seems ok, just audio too fast.

I don't remember this happening when I took the 30 Challenge on my desktop. However, I can not test it  now since I will be moving shortly and have packed my office, including my desktop up for transport.

Any ideas?

Michael

Posts 301
LogosEmployee
Brandyn Whittington | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 7 2017 1:45 PM

Hey Michael! Welcome to our forums. That's certainly unusual behavior. Depending on what's causing the interaction, it may not show up in the logs. Still, it would be best to try to acquire those. You can do so following the instructions here: https://www.logos.com/support/windows/report-problem

Another thing we'll want to check is to see if Windows is running in Tablet Mode. If it is, this may be causing the interaction. You disable tablet mode under your system settings on the device.

Posts 37
Rev. Michael L. Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 8 2017 7:40 AM

Have tried several times from 3 different browsers and always told that the signature of EnableLogging.js is invalid. Don’t know if I should proceed or not. Also verified I am not in Tablet mode.

Michael

Posts 3152
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 8 2017 10:26 AM

Rev. Michael L. Burns:

Have tried several times from 3 different browsers and always told that the signature of EnableLogging.js is invalid. Don’t know if I should proceed or not. Also verified I am not in Tablet mode.

Michael

Hi Michael,

You need to save the .js files to your computer before running them. I would advise saving them to your Desktop, and then double-clicking them from there. 

Posts 3152
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 8 2017 1:49 PM

Hi Michael,

We updated those .js files so you shouldn't be getting that error. You'll still need to run them from the desktop or other folder on the computer. 

Posts 37
Rev. Michael L. Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 13 2017 5:24 PM

Additional Note:

I installed Logos on an older HP Laptop and all audio is normal. Only difference is HP Notebook is Windows 8. Cannot imagine why the Surface Pro 4 audio on internal videos sound like Donald Duck, they are so fast. Logos Pro Videos sound great from within a browser but sound like Donald Duck their so fast within Logos. Same with the courses from within Logos. All other Windows applications work and sound fine. Only failing within Logos.

Michael

Posts 37
Rev. Michael L. Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 14 2017 7:33 AM

Additional Note:

I uninstall Logos on my Surface Pro 4 and reinstalled it and the same sound problem persists. I'm at a loss. This was the main reason I purchased the Surface Pro 4 so as to have full Logos on the go (had been using iPad when on  the go) and watch training videos while away from home.

Michael

Posts 82
Kristine Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 14 2017 10:01 AM

The Play bar at the bottom of the video has speed settings from .75x to 2x, worth checking?

Posts 37
Rev. Michael L. Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 14 2017 1:57 PM

Kristine,

Thank you ever-so-much!!! That did the trick. Can't believe it was that simple but glad I was.

Michael

Posts 82
Kristine Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 14 2017 2:08 PM

Glad that helped!  I wondered myself why 2x speed seemed to be the default, it took me some time to figure it out when I encountered it.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS