Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 18 2010 2:51 PM | Locked

The compact view is nice thanks, but PLEASE..  can we uncollapse the individual note rather than the whole lot..  it would be very helpful.

[EDIT] I see the top most note in the view gets uncompacted, but still would like to uncompact just one... or just a few.. if possible

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 2:57 PM | Locked

DominicM:

The compact view is nice thanks, but PLEASE..  can we uncollapse the individual note rather than the whole lot..  it would be very helpful.

lol, i am still waiting for my L4 to recognize there is a new update available (it doesn't).  BUT, not having seen it, I still say:  Yes ++ good suggestion

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 3:00 PM | Locked

Dan DeVilder:

lol, i am still waiting for my L4 to recognize there is a new update available (it doesn't).  BUT, not having seen it, I still say:  Yes ++ good suggestion

Just run http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/InstallerBeta/Logos4Setup.exe

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 3:06 PM | Locked

Mark Barnes:

Dan DeVilder:

Just run http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/InstallerBeta/Logos4Setup.exe

lol, thank you Mark.  Just before reading that I realized I had set update channel to beta at work, but not here on my laptop. . . it was still on default!  Embarrassed

Posts 927
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 3:16 PM | Locked

DominicM:
uncollapse the individual note rather than the whole lot

Good first step, but yes, I agree with Dominic.  We need individual control.  When I read previous information about this feature I thought there would also be an individual twisty (triangle like in Cited by) to open individual notes when all were collapsed, but without that individual control, it is still tricky to find and use a set or selection of notes I want to view (notes that are not next to each other).  Oh, how I miss the hierarchical, indent-able, color coded L3 notes TOC and wish for the L4 resource TOC (still with the L3 TOC features). 

The same functionality in Clippings would be nice too.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 3:42 PM | Locked

I tried this feature with a note file that was created in L4. This file is not very large and it responded fairly well both collapsing and expanding the file. I opened a much larger note that was created in L3 and imported. It took much longer to respond and for about 15 seconds, when I expanded the file, I had the dreaded faded out screen with those famous words "program not responding". Then hardware caught up with the software and the note expanded without a crash.

I am wondering if that is unique to L3 notes that were imported or if I would get the same behavior from a large L4 note file. I don't have any large L4 files and I don't really have any small L3 files. Maybe some one who has a larger set of note files could test this?

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 3:46 PM | Locked

I  imported a 28mb notefile for extreme testing, it seems happy and relatively fast  on my main pc, infact more sesponsive than 4.0b. havent tried my netbook yet but it may groan :P

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 285
David Gullick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 4:13 PM | Locked

A similiar request to this would be the ability to collapse search results - I'm hanging out for that

Logos Platinum

Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Lenovo laptop E520 i7-2640M, 2.8GHz 8G Ram, 2G Graphics

Australia

Posts 3317
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 4:36 PM | Locked

DominicM:

[EDIT] I see the top most note in the view gets uncompacted, but still would like to uncompact just one... or just a few.. if possible

Second this- need to be able to expand and collaspe each point.

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 4:51 PM | Locked

David Gullick:

A similiar request to this would be the ability to collapse search results - I'm hanging out for that

Amen!  At first, that is what i thought the "new feature" was referring to, in my quick "once over."

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 6:17 PM | Locked

Fred Chapman:
I opened a much larger note that was created in L3 and imported. It took much longer to respond and for about 15 seconds, when I expanded the file, I had the dreaded faded out screen with those famous words "program not responding". Then hardware caught up with the software and the note expanded without a crash.

I am having the same issue.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 7:27 PM | Locked

This is going to seem weird but today when I tried this feature with a large note imported from L3 the response was probably as fast as could be expected. I guess maybe my laptop was just a little tired last night. Maybe the excitement of 4.0c wore it out.Big Smile

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 7:50 PM | Locked

Fred Chapman:

This is going to seem weird but today when I tried this feature with a large note imported from L3 the response was probably as fast as could be expected. I guess maybe my laptop was just a little tired last night. Maybe the excitement of 4.0c wore it out.Big Smile

Not for me, I am still getting the "the dreaded faded out screen with those famous words 'program not responding.'"  It took L4 over five seconds for it to scroll from the top of the file to the bottom.  I believe that there is something wrong with the note system because of its slow response.  It does not take L4 five seconds to move from the top of a book to its ending; It does not produce the 'program not responding' message, and these books are by far a lot larger than any of my note files.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 20 2010 4:22 AM | Locked

Whyndell Grizzard:

DominicM:

Second this- need to be able to expand and collaspe each point.

Count me in! This is a great improvement but adding the ability to collapse individually would be awesome! (and of course same with search results)

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 179
Trey Selman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 20 2010 11:27 AM | Locked

Thank you for the collapse feature.

Individual collapsing would be a great addition and desired.

I did also prefer the table of contents pane with notes with a hierarchical outline structure of organizing the notes . It would be great to make a TOC pane like the other resources.

I must say that i really appreciate all that y'all at Logos do.

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 4:08 AM | Locked

DominicM:

The compact view is nice thanks...

Tim Hensler:

The same functionality in Clippings would be nice too.

+1 Yes

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS