WBC on Sale

Page 1 of 3 (41 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 40 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 595
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 18 2010 7:23 PM

I just got an e-mail from Logos that Word Biblical Commentary is on sale again, $399.95, for those who didn't snag it last year at this price. Smile

Posts 9468
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 7:32 PM

Pam, was there a coupon code? On the website it is still listed for $699.95.

http://www.logos.com/products/details/3671

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 990
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 7:55 PM

"This is an exclusive email-only offer, so you won’t see this discounted price on the product page....."

Posts 56
Paul Knopf | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 8:02 PM

I got the email also...I have the earlier editions of WBC on Logos and am wondering if I can get those volumes that I don't currently have at a discounted price?  Some volumes were updated and some were not previously available.  Any thoughts?

Posts 405
Amy Leung | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 8:36 PM

I didn't get the quite the same email, but instead got one that HALOT/ BDAG bundle is on sale (SRP $309.95, price with cupon code $249.95).

Is that what they called targeted mailings?  Zip it!

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 9:07 PM

Amy Leung:

Is that what they called targeted mailings?  Zip it!

Zip it!

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 595
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 9:18 PM

Mark A. Smith:

Pam, was there a coupon code? On the website it is still listed for $699.95.

http://www.logos.com/products/details/3671

I wasn't sure if it's proper to post the code since it did say "exclusive e-mail offer". Maybe if you sign up for Logos newswire you'll get the same e-mail? Or if someone wants to e-mail larsonpj at aol I can forward it, unless someone tells me not to.  I don't think it was a targeted e-mail since I bought the product from Logos a year ago.

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 9:35 PM

Pam Larson:

I just got an e-mail from Logos that Word Biblical Commentary is on sale again, $399.95, for those who didn't snag it last year at this price. Smile

Amy Leung:
I didn't get the quite the same email, but instead got one that HALOT/ BDAG bundle is on sale (SRP $309.95, price with cupon code $249.95).

I got no email whatsoever with the exception of March Madness offers.  Crying

Posts 405
Amy Leung | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2010 10:06 PM

Pam Larson:

I don't think it was a targeted e-mail since I bought the product from Logos a year ago.

I got my HALOT/ BDAG some 1-2 years ago too so maybe they're targeting towards those who own the products already.  Wink

Posts 296
Jonathan West | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 2:49 AM

Presumably only shippable product version - maybe they're getting rid of stock to introduce the downloadable version? Or maybe they offer this every year at this price?

www.emmanuelecc.org

Posts 24
Jason Rogers | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 3:50 AM

If Logos sent me either of those e-mails I would would definitely buy one of them *wink*wink*Wink

Posts 110
Ron Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 7:14 AM

Man, I've been hoping Word would go on sale.  Is there any way to get on that e-mail list?  I thought I was already signed up for special offers.  

Samsung Series 7; Windows 8 64 bit; Intel Core i7-3635QM @2.4GHz; 8 GB RAM; 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT640M

Posts 9468
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 7:46 AM

Pam Larson:
Maybe if you sign up for Logos newswire you'll get the same e-mail?

Your posting made one assume that anyone could get in on this. Otherwise why post it? Therefore my question on discovering it wasn't the price on the web site.

I get the newswire. I was offered the BDAG/HALOT bundle which Logos should know I already have. I also have Word so don't need that.

My email said nothing about this being limited or anything about it being a private offering (couldn't be too private since they offered me something I already have) so I posted the coupon code for the BDAG/HALOT in another thread).

I think it would be terribly naive for Logos to think sending a mass email out and trying to keep the con tents secret would work. But whether you choose to post the coupon code for other or not is your decision.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 8:12 AM

I must not be doing something right.

I have gotten a couple of newswire posts on pre pubs offers.  I have tried to "receive" all offers in email stuff.

I have for the past year or so been recording all spam emails I get.  I never click on any of the emails so after a couple of months of those posts they stop.   I have also noticed that a couple of spams that I have clicked on the link on the email it will continue to send those.  I have never submitted my email for offers onine with the exception of company's that "say" they don't share emails.  I sort of expect some more spam because of my buying habits. 

I have recently seen a DVD series offer of Christian stories.  First was Jesus and his times...and something else.  It was 12.95 per DVD should I keep the dvd or send it back.  I truly have no idea how I got on this offer...I don't get things like that. 

Anyway the purpose of saying all this maybe Logos stops sending offers if you never click on them or respond to them in any way.  I just don't know

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 8:44 AM
It probably would have been better not to have posted that Logos was sending out e-mails.
Those who they were addressed to would know about it, and I believe that was Logos intent.
Here it is for all those wondering.

Logos Bible Software -- Sale!

Word Biblical Commentary on Sale for a Limited Time!

The Word Biblical Commentary is one of today's premiere commentaries. For a limited time, you can get the entire 59-volume set on sale for $399.95. That's over $800.00 off the retail price!

Word Biblical Commentary (59 Vols.)

Suggested Retail Price: $1,199.99
Sale Price: $699.95

Your Price With Coupon Code: $399.95

Use coupon code WBC5019 at checkout to get your discount.

Learn More  Buy Now! 

The culmination of more than fifteen years of writing and research by a team of international scholars, the Word Biblical Commentary (WBC) covers almost the entire Old and New Testaments, taking into account textual, linguistic, structural, historical, and theological distinctions.

More than 50 contributors—including William D. Mounce, F. F. Bruce, David J. A. Clines, John Nolland, James D. G. Dunn, and others—write authoritatively on the portions of Scripture in which they specialize. This commentary set also includes an enviable scholar’s array of Bible translations, and Greek and Hebrew resources for in-depth research.

For a limited time, you can get this bundle at a steep discount. The entire set retails for $1,199.99, but now you can get this collection of 59 volumes for $399.95—that’s over $800.00 off the retail price!

This is an exclusive email-only offer, so you won’t see this discounted price on the product page. Use coupon code WBC5019 on the checkout page to get the WBC on sale for $399.95!

This electronic commentary is the perfect add-on resource for current users. The WBC is an ideal addition to your base package library, or to other commentary sets you own. It integrates seamlessly with your existing resources, and it’s flexible and fast, letting you search, cross-reference, and work easily between various texts.

Electronic Titles Included

• Volume 1: Genesis 1–15, Gordon J. Wenham
  • Volume 2: Genesis 16–50, Gordon J. Wenham
  • Volume 3: Exodus, John I. Durham
  • Volume 4: Leviticus, John E. Hartley
  • Volume 5: Numbers, Phillip J. Budd
  • Volume 6a: Deuteronomy 1:1–21:9 (2nd edition), Duane L. Christensen
  • Volume 6b: Deuteronomy 21:10–34:12, Duane L. Christensen
  • Volume 7: Joshua, Trent C. Butler
  • Volume 9: Ruth, Esther, Fredric W. Bush
  • Volume 10: 1 Samuel, Ralph W. Klein
  • Volume 11: 2 Samuel, A. A. Anderson
  • Volume 12: 1 Kings (2nd edition), Simon J. DeVries
  • Volume 13: 2 Kings, T. R. Hobbs
  • Volume 14: 1 Chronicles, Roddy L. Braun
  • Volume 15: 2 Chronicles, Raymond B. Dillard
  • Volume 16: Ezra, Nehemiah, H. G. M. Willamson
  • Volume 17: Job 1–20, David J. A. Clines
  • Volume 18a: Job 21–37, David J. A. Clines
  • Volume 19: Psalms 1–50 (Revised), Peter C. Craigie
  • Volume 20: Psalms 51–100, Marvin E. Tate
  • Volume 21: Psalms 101–150 (Revised), Leslie C. Allen
  • Volume 22: Proverbs, Rowland E. Murphy
  • Volume 23a: Ecclesiastes, Roland Murphy
  • Volume 23b: Song of Songs/Lamentations, Duane Garrett; Paul R. House
  • Volume 24: Isaiah 1–33 (Revised), John D. W. Watts
  • Volume 25: Isaiah 34–66 (Revised), John D. W. Watts
  • Volume 26: Jeremiah 1–25, Peter C. Craigie
  • Volume 27: Jeremiah 26–52, Gerald L. Keown
  • Volume 28: Ezekiel 1–19, Leslie C. Allen
  • Volume 29: Ezekiel 20–48, Leslie C. Allen
  • Volume 30: Daniel, John E. Goldingay
  • Volume 31: Hosea-Jonah, Douglas Stuart
  • Volume 32: Micah-Malachi, Ralph L. Smith
  • Volume 33a: Matthew 1–13, Donald A. Hagner
  • Volume 33b: Matthew 14–28, Donald A. Hagner
  • Volume 34a: Mark 1–8:26, Robert A. Guelich
  • Volume 34b: Mark 8:27–16:20, Craig A. Evans
  • Volume 35a: Luke 1:1–9:20, John Nolland
  • Volume 35b: Luke 9:21–18:34, John Nolland
  • Volume 35c: Luke 18:35–24:53, John Nolland
  • Volume 36: John (Second Edition), George R. Beasley-Murray
  • Volume 38a: Romans 1–8, James D. G. Dunn
  • Volume 38b: Romans 9–16, James D. G. Dunn
  • Volume 40: 2 Corinthians, Ralph P. Martin
  • Volume 41: Galatians, Richard N. Longenecker
  • Volume 42: Ephesians, Andrew T. Lincoln
  • Volume 43: Philippians (Revised), Gerald F. Hawthorne
  • Volume 44: Colossians, Philemon, Peter T. O'Brien
  • Volume 45: 1 & 2 Thessalonians, F. F. Bruce
  • Volume 46: Pastoral Epistles, William D. Mounce
  • Volume 47a: Hebrews 1–8, William L. Lane
  • Volume 47b: Hebrews 9–13, William L. Lane
  • Volume 48: James, Ralph P. Martin
  • Volume 49: 1 Peter, J. Ramsey Michaels
  • Volume 50: Jude, 2 Peter, Richard J. Bauckham
  • Volume 51: 1, 2, 3 John, Stephen S. Smalley
  • Volume 52a: Revelation 1–5, David E. Aune
  • Volume 52b: Revelation 6–16, David E. Aune
  • Volume 52c: Revelation 17–22, David E. Aune

Benefits of the Logos Bible Software Edition

The Logos Bible Software edition of the Word Biblical Commentary helps you read and study the Bible more effectively for sermon preparation, research, or personal study. Every time you run a Passage Guide on a text, results from the WBC will appear—all opened to exactly the right page. What’s more, with Logos, every word is essentially a link. Scripture references are linked directly to the original language texts and English Bible translations in your library. That makes the Logos edition of the WBC the fastest, easiest, and most rewarding edition of one of the top evangelical commentaries available today.

http://www.logos.com/wbc

Suggested Retail Price: $1,199.99
Sale Price: $699.95

Your Price With Coupon Code: $399.95

Use coupon code WBC5019 at checkout to get your discount.

Please visit the website for all the details at:
http://www.logos.com/wbc

Posts 1658
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 9:15 AM

Praiser:
It probably would have been better not to have posted that Logos was sending out e-mails.
Those who they were addressed to would know about it, and I believe that was Logos intent.

If that is true, why did I get an email offer for the  BDAG/HALOT bundle?

I've had it since Boxing Day.

Regards, SteveF

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 9:31 AM

Mark A. Smith:
I think it would be terribly naive for Logos to think sending a mass email out and trying to keep the con tents secret would work. But whether you choose to post the coupon code for other or not is your decision.

Logos may have a limited number of CDs available for sale. A limited "mass mailing"  makes sense. The marketing department knows a certain number of people will share their discount codes with friends The number of offers would be adjusted to meet the expected % of bites. The whole process breaks down when "private email offers" get posted. If 500 orders come in when only 300 discs are available, what then? We saw a substitution scenario in The Twelve Days of Christamas Sale. (Remember the nifty cups?) The substitution route would not be viable when it comes to specific resource titles.

About the only thing I can agree with in this thread is Logos can have greater success targeting resources to buyers who don't already have it. Surprise When I check my account page for recommended upgrades, five of the ten offered are resources I already own. Rather than think Logos needs my help with sales techniques, I figure there is a reason Marketing did not spam 100,000 users with a sale offer. On occassion when my finances are limited, I have waited until some of my big kids leave the house before I take the little ones for ICY drinks.  If I had to buy treats for all the kids every time, there would be a lot less treat trips.  Could a "private email offer" be a similar gesture of kindness on Logos part?  Just my $.02

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 10:02 AM

Matthew C Jones:

Mark A. Smith:

Logos may have a limited number of CDs available for sale. A limited "mass mailing"  makes sense. The marketing department knows a certain number of people will share their discount codes with friends The number of offers would be adjusted to meet the expected % of bites. The whole process breaks down when "private email offers" get posted. If 500 orders come in when only 300 discs are available, what then? We saw a substitution scenario in The Twelve Days of Christamas Sale. (Remember the nifty cups?) The substitution route would not be viable when it comes to specific resource titles.

About the only thing I can agree with in this thread is Logos can have greater success targeting resources to buyers who don't already have it. Surprise When I check my account page for recommended upgrades, five of the ten offered are resources I already own. Rather than think Logos needs my help with sales techniques, I figure there is a reason Marketing did not spam 100,000 users with a sale offer. On occassion when my finances are limited, I have waited until some of my big kids leave the house before I take the little ones for ICY drinks.  If I had to buy treats for all the kids every time, there would be a lot less treat trips.  Could a "private email offer" be a similar gesture of kindness on Logos part?  Just my $.02

Your right! I forgot that WBC didn't come in downloadable form. That could make a huge difference and a big shortage!
This was the same offer they had on Day 6 of the Twelve Days of Christmas http://www.12daysoflogos.com/word-biblical-commentary/ which was offered to everyone.

Logos I apologize for sharing the code if I wasn't suppose to, but I couldn't stand hearing people interested in getting the set on sale and not being able to access it!  It sounds like alot of the emails went to Logos users who already had the sets.

I personally received only the WBC sale offer, and not the BDAG/HALOT offer. But I already have all of them.

Now if you ever offer the ICC commentary series with a discount code, I would LOVE to hear about it. Be assured that I would jump on that one!
Hint, hint, hint.Big Smile

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 10:08 AM

Praiser:
This was the same offer they had on Day 6 of the Twelve Days of Christmas http://www.12daysoflogos.com/word-biblical-commentary/ which was offered to everyone.

Funny. When I go to the link you provided there is a little message "Caring is Sharing" at the bottom. So maybe my logic is totally wet.

Praiser:

Now if you ever offer the ICC commentary series with a discount code, I would LOVE to hear about it. Be assured that I would jump on that one!

Praiser, if you get a "private email offer" on ICC, please cheat & share it with me. (just li'l ol' me...Whisper. No posting in the forum. Just me Wink )          me

Posts 595
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 10:44 AM

Matthew C Jones:

Praiser:

Funny. When I go to the link you provided there is a little message "Caring is Sharing" at the bottom. So maybe my logic is totally wet.

Praiser:

Praiser, if you get a "private email offer" on ICC, please cheat & share it with me. (just li'l ol' me...Whisper. No posting in the forum. Just me Wink )          me

Me too, please!! Whisper

Page 1 of 3 (41 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS