Crossover, Parallels or Fusion?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 36
Ron Stephens | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 19 2010 5:49 PM

Does anyone have experience using these to run Logos 4 PC on Mac? Which is best?

Posts 115
Tony Kissell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 6:11 PM

I'm running Logos 4 PC and old copy of Windows XP on Parallels, I'm happy with the performance.

I was running a copy of Vista on Parallels but found that this set-up slowed my system down too much (I'm running a 2.66 GHz on 2 GB Ram)

Hope this helps

Posts 201
Garrett Ho | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 6:13 PM

I've used Parallels and I currently use Fusion. My opinion is that it depends on what build (or version) of the software that you're comparing. At first Parallels was the only option, and when Fusion came out it surpassed Parallels. It even offered a free upgrade to version 2 of its software. Currently I'd say that Parallels is slightly better in terms of performance and integration.

That being said, you can't go wrong with either Parallels or Fusion. If you want to get a deal, go over to mupromo and get Parallels and a bunch of other software for $50.

Crossover, to my knowledge, does not work for Logos 4.

edit: I should've linked it instead of casually referring to the site. MUpromo is the promotional pricing website from MacUpdate:

http://www.mupromo.com/

Posts 455
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 7:13 PM

I never got Crossover to work. I used to use Boot Camp but hated having to reboot. Currently I am using VirtualBox and it works quite well...and it's free (well not the Windows licensee). Thanks to some helpful people on the forums here, it was pretty easy to set up.

all about Christ,

David Buckham

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 115
Tony Kissell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 8:17 PM

If I had known there was a Mac version of Virtual Box I would have used that instead of Parallels, mainly because of the price Wink

I used it on a Linux machine I had and was impressed by it, never occurred to me to check to see if there was a Mac version. 

Posts 10814
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 20 2010 2:32 AM

Ron Stephens:
Does anyone have experience using these to run Logos 4 PC on Mac? Which is best?

I have used Fusion 2.0.6 and now use Parallels 5. I prefer Parallels, but there is no concrete reason for this preference. Either one will give you good performance if you heed the advice given on this forum. The optimum settings for Parallels are contained in the second link in my signature.

Posts 36
Ron Stephens | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 20 2010 10:07 AM

Thanks for the input everyone:

Here's what I've learned...

• Crossover will not run Logos. That is confirmed on the Crossover site.

• It seems to be a toss-up between Fusion and Parallels as far as performance.

• I have no data on Virtual Box, but free is good!

I bought Parallels via the MacUpdate bundle ($50.00) and will be installing WinXP & Logos 4.0b this afternoon.

Thanks again!

Posts 1
Allan Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 21 2010 7:42 AM

Man, I like this forum!!Paradise

Posts 455
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 11:09 AM

One thing I was told and have noticed as well. If you are using a virtual machine on a laptop, make sure you are plugged in, the battery seems to go MUCH faster.

all about Christ,

David

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS